Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #316
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Got an email fron B&H saying dont forget mothers days and purchase one 1DX mark II or a 5D... No shipping number sadly... maybe tomorrow is the day 😕
Same here.

05-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #317

No news from Amazon. I spoke with a very nice person who told me that whatever they received last week was shipped out already and they are now out of stock......which is true if that number is zero. No estimate on the "next" shipment......: (

I will give it a couple more days and order from Ricoh or B&H
05-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #318

Has anyone received a K1 or shipping notice from Amazon USA?
05-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #319

QuoteOriginally posted by dsneedmd Quote
Has anyone received a K1 or shipping notice from Amazon USA?
Supposedly the cameras were arriving today/tomorrow and going back out asap. I found this "update" by looking at the questions asked at the bottom of the product page. It was updated today, but no indication of the time.

On April 27th, the question was asked: When can you deliver it?

The response was:

We are hoping to have our first shipment in the next day or so and will be shipped in the order in which they are received D Williams Imaging SELLER answered on April 28, 2016 See this seller's offer | See all buying options
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?
| Report abuse
K. Nagel said on May 2, 2016
Did you receive these yet? It's been a "day or so" and I have one on back-order. Any sort of time frame for the arrival and delivery would be helpful.
Dustin Williams said on May 2, 2016
yes they will be arriving today and tomorrow as soon as they are in we plan to send them right back out

05-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #320

Today was the first time I saw this second buying option from D Williams Imaging. When I ordered last week I took the free shipping option. This one has a lower price but additional shipping costs. This is curious. At least he gives a date. I do not know if the answer to the question applies to my purchase, for Amazon continues to state "out of stock."

OTOH, as big as Amazon is, it would be strange that a smaller vendor would get products sooner.

QuoteOriginally posted by chiron Quote
Supposedly the cameras were arriving today/tomorrow and going back out asap. I found this "update" by looking at the questions asked at the bottom of the product page. It was updated today, but no indication of the time.

On April 27th, the question was asked: When can you deliver it?

The response was:

We are hoping to have our first shipment in the next day or so and will be shipped in the order in which they are received D Williams Imaging SELLER answered on April 28, 2016 See this seller's offer | See all buying options
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?
| Report abuse
K. Nagel said on May 2, 2016
Did you receive these yet? It's been a "day or so" and I have one on back-order. Any sort of time frame for the arrival and delivery would be helpful.
Dustin Williams said on May 2, 2016
yes they will be arriving today and tomorrow as soon as they are in we plan to send them right back out
05-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #321

There's no seller history with D Williams, so I was hesitant. He also seemed too eager to respond to questions in the affirmative. "Will the K-1 menu be in Chinese? Yeah, probably." Hmmm.

I cancelled my order from Amazon because I didn't want to pay state tax, especially to Kansas, almost 10%. Preordered from Ricoh last week. No joy.
05-03-2016, 04:59 AM   #322
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
There's no seller history with D Williams, so I was hesitant. He also seemed too eager to respond to questions in the affirmative. "Will the K-1 menu be in Chinese? Yeah, probably." Hmmm.

I cancelled my order from Amazon because I didn't want to pay state tax, especially to Kansas, almost 10%. Preordered from Ricoh last week. No joy.
From what I can tell he's a professional photographer who uses Pentax and resells on the side. I placed my order with him last week - we'll see if he can get it out the door today, as promised.

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 05:31 AM ----------

For what it's worth, D Williams is showing two K-1s in stock right now.

05-03-2016, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #323
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
He was in the Pentax FF group and offered people in it a nice discount. I would have went with him, but I wanted to support the site and get a chance to win in the preorder contest here too.
05-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #324
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a feeling B&H will ship today or tomorrow.

Last edited by dcpropilot; 05-03-2016 at 06:10 AM.
05-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #325

QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote

When I saw the sales tax added, I thought this was something all vendors had to do now. I have not paid sales tax through Amazon before. I know legally we are supposed to report out of state purchases anyhow.
05-03-2016, 06:21 AM   #326

I would like to point out that the official release date for the K-1 in the United States is May 3rd - please note that they do not mention which year that is.
05-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #327
Veteran Member

B&H is probably busy shipping the 1000's of D500 that they were unable to ship before their closing
05-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #328
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSLRnovice Quote
When I saw the sales tax added, I thought this was something all vendors had to do now. I have not paid sales tax through Amazon before. I know legally we are supposed to report out of state purchases anyhow.
I believe they have to charge sales tax if they have a physical presence in the buyer's state of residence. So if Amazon has a warehouse in your state, congratulations.
05-03-2016, 06:35 AM   #329
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just live chatted with someone from Adorama to see if maybe I should cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from them. She said they got 24 K-1's in and had over 50 pre-orders. She didn't know when the next shipment would arrive.
05-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #330

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I just live chatted with someone from Adorama to see if maybe I should cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from them. She said they got 24 K-1's in and had over 50 pre-orders. She didn't know when the next shipment would arrive.
I got roughly the same answer when I called in, but then said I would be about a dozen people in the hole waiting. Hmm...
Closed Thread