Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #331

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
I just got shipping notification from Adorama that my K-1 is packed and ready for be shipped!
when did you place you pre order? that's so exciting and I am super jealous.

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 07:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I preordered just a week ago from Adorama. I just got an email notifying my that my K-1 has shipped. Should have it in three days.
I'm pretty sure all you guys that preordered in Feb and March and even April won't have to wait much longer to get yours.
I pre ordered mid-April, I hope I get mine soon!

05-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #332
Veteran Member

the interesting irony is Ricoh just sent me an email saying I can have my K-1 in 3-7 business days if I order from them today

and still no word from B&H. hopefully they haven't been shorted on units like adorama apparently has.

only 50 preorders? I would have thought that number would be higher.

maybe the only people who bought K-1's are the ones posting in this forum?... lol

apparently no one else has.
05-03-2016, 07:42 AM   #333

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
B&H is probably busy shipping the 1000's of D500 that they were unable to ship before their closing

haha... A buddy of mine in my photo group just got a D500, I will attempt to guilt trip him

05-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #334
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
the interesting irony is Ricoh just sent me an email saying I can have my K-1 in 3-7 business days if I order from them today

and still no word from B&H. hopefully they haven't been shorted on units like adorama apparently has.

maybe the only people who bought K-1's are the ones posting in this forum?... lol

I got the email from Ricoh and decided to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from them. Then after ordering, it says the item is not yet available and they'll let me know when it's in stock. Felt like a bait and switch. I hope they just hadn't updated their stock on the system or something.

I just feel like Ricoh should have them before Amazon anyway.

Either way, I got sick of waiting on Amazon and getting absolutely no indication from them when they will ever be getting the camera in stock. Of course, now I'm sure later today I'll start seeing happy Amazon pre-order people posting about how their cameras have shipped!

05-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #335

Photos: Gallery
I almost did the same thing, but then decided to wait it out. I had already switched to Amazon from Adorama because Adorama said 5/15 and Amazon said 4/25. I would like to have the body before the 11th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
05-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Felt like a bait and switch.
Ouch. It definitely is if they don't get the camera to you when they said they would.
05-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #337
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Ouch. It definitely is if they don't get the camera to you when they said they would.
Yeah. The email I received was titled "The Pentax K-1 Is Now Shipping!" Guess we'll see....

05-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
"The Pentax K-1 Is Now Shipping!" Guess we'll see....
The word I got was that the K-1 was shipping - to the retailers. So allow for time to the store or online store and then it ships to us. And AFAIK the Pentax store is just another dealer, not a part of Ricoh though there was a rumor that was going to change.

Anyway, when you are a manufacturer "shipping" means something different than if you are a retailer.
05-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #339
Veteran Member

Well someone just bumped up in line for whoever ordered from the ricoh site. Gave them a call and it sounded like maybe friday, for them getting a shipment? I unfortunately had to cancel my order. Oh well, i will order it later in the year.

05-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #340
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSLRnovice Quote
Today was the first time I saw this second buying option from D Williams Imaging. When I ordered last week I took the free shipping option. This one has a lower price but additional shipping costs. This is curious. At least he gives a date. I do not know if the answer to the question applies to my purchase, for Amazon continues to state "out of stock."

OTOH, as big as Amazon is, it would be strange that a smaller vendor would get products sooner.
DWilliams Imaging is on Facebook and he is pretty responsive to messages. He also has a website where you can order. Personally I would feel comfortable ordering from him. YMMV
05-03-2016, 08:57 AM - 2 Likes   #341

So Cameta Camera just called me and said their order came in and nobody else had a preorder with them. Last week they said they were getting in at least 5 so they should have 4 left, but he wasn't able to confirm since they weren't done unpacking. Could be a lot more. Ships later today or tomorrow.

The website doesn't have them off preorder yet so you need to call the store directly. I told the sales guy Steve I would plug him so here it is: 1-631-389-2165. That number calls the camera department.

Sales tax only for NY. And.... go! I was just glad I got one since I have a wedding this weekend.

Last edited by lightofhonor; 05-03-2016 at 09:04 AM.
05-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #342
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
The word I got was that the K-1 was shipping - to the retailers. So allow for time to the store or online store and then it ships to us. And AFAIK the Pentax store is just another dealer, not a part of Ricoh though there was a rumor that was going to change.

Anyway, when you are a manufacturer "shipping" means something different than if you are a retailer.
Possibly. But when a customer gets an email saying the product is "now shipping" with a direct link to purchase the product, it is reasonable to assume that means the product is in stock.
05-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #343

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote

Received an order update from B&H this morning. K-1 is still out of stock....
05-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #344
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
FINALLY my card got charged today! Guess that means my order is shipping today.
05-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #345
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
FINALLY my card got charged today! Guess that means my order is shipping today.
From what store did you order?

Closed Thread