Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vladfrenkel Quote
Just got an update from Amazon. Shipping tomorrow will arrive May 5th. Original preorder Feb 18th
LOL! I knew it. Congrats!

05-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #362
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wonder how B&H got pushed to the end of the line on shipping.
05-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #363

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
LOL! I knew it. Congrats!
Thanks,
Hope it will quickly start shipping for the rest of the folks as well using all store preorders (eg Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Ricoh...)
05-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #364

QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
I just talked to one of the CS at B&H today, they are expecting to have the camera on 5/5, I don't know if you can make it....
Several retailers have started sending out K-1 orders, Adorama, Cameta, then Amazon...I was expecting B&H to be the first in this list though, oh well.
Not sure what causes the delay, as there is no way to know. To be honest, this is a bit frustrating...I just hope that I don't have to wait for another week
to receive the camera...

05-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #365

Amazon just updated status.....expected delivery Thursday! Actual status "arriving Thursday". No date given.
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #366

I just got off the chat with Danny R at BH ... he says there is no information on the next shipment by Pentax. I said what about May 4th or 5th, he said they got a shipment earlier but they were all prior orders, and he has NO information on the next shipment from Pentax... This is a real bummer....

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 10:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by butkolrpi Quote
Amazon just updated status.....expected delivery Thursday! Actual status "arriving Thursday". No date given.

Probably should have kept my hedge order with Amazon intact...
05-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #367

QuoteOriginally posted by butkolrpi Quote
I'm sure it is this Thursday. Congratz!

05-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #368
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
I just got off the chat with Danny R at BH ... he says there is no information on the next shipment by Pentax. I said what about May 4th or 5th, he said they got a shipment earlier but they were all prior orders, and he has NO information on the next shipment from Pentax... This is a real bummer....

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 10:42 AM ----------

Probably should have kept my hedge order with Amazon intact...
If they already got a shipment in I will be quite upset if mine didn't go out with that since I ordered less than an hour after announcement on Feb 17th.
05-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #369

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Wow, do you have this backwards. POS systems tell you what you sold, and possibly what you have on order. They tell you NOTHING about what your vendor has in stock or is shipping you.

I use Lightspeed's POS system. I know how many units I have in stock, how many are in the warehouse, how many are on order, and how many are available for order. When the order is filled it triggers an update to orders in transit. I updates every time they are scanned during the delivery process. Its not rocket surgery. Its accountability for products. So if I have 5 units on hand and 10 on order, and I sell 20 units, I can provide an exact delivery date for 5 units, a very close approximation for 10 units and a reasonable time frame for the remaining units. I can click a button and expedite back orders, which will ensure a precise delivery date. Simple? I think the setback speaks to the relationship between the retailers and Ricoh.

Ricoh won't buy back stuff like Canon and Nikon, so retailers are hesitant to place orders. They don't want merchandise they cannot sell. Other countries don't have the same expectations and hesitations, which is probably why their orders were filled first. So, if you cut your bottom line, you can expect your customer satisfaction to diminish. If they really wanted to build customer loyalty they should be the ones to initiate the conversation concerning delays.
05-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #370
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
If they already got a shipment in I will be quite upset if mine didn't go out with that since I ordered less than an hour after announcement on Feb 17th.
Similar here. I think we would have heard of *someone* getting an update from B&H if they'd shipped anything at all yet.
05-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #371
Site Supporter

Okay, just got off of Live Chat with Koby at B&H. He said they expect a shipment tomorrow and mine should go out with it.
05-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #372
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
I use Lightspeed's POS system. I know how many units I have in stock, how many are in the warehouse, how many are on order, and how many are available for order. When the order is filled it triggers an update to orders in transit. I updates every time they are scanned during the delivery process. Its not rocket surgery. Its accountability for products. So if I have 5 units on hand and 10 on order, and I sell 20 units, I can provide an exact delivery date for 5 units, a very close approximation for 10 units and a reasonable time frame for the remaining units. I can click a button and expedite back orders, which will ensure a precise delivery date. Simple? I think the setback speaks to the relationship between the retailers and Ricoh.

Ricoh won't buy back stuff like Canon and Nikon, so retailers are hesitant to place orders. They don't want merchandise they cannot sell. Other countries don't have the same expectations and hesitations, which is probably why their orders were filled first. So, if you cut your bottom line, you can expect your customer satisfaction to diminish. If they really wanted to build customer loyalty they should be the ones to initiate the conversation concerning delays.
All of that works if all POS systems works togheter, if BH, Adorama and Amazon use a diferent system beetween them and Ricoh use another is very difficult (if not very expensive) to make all the software talk with each others.

That POS system you talk is very common in chain stores, like Mcdonald, Lowes, Waltmart etc, but hardly all of them can work togheter with other systems

05-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #373

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I hope Danny R was going off last month's cached inventory report... I am peeved that he said that no second shipment is coming soon. I thought they had one in April and one early May. Till this guy said otherwise, all other CSR's said they will get a shipment on May 4th... where did "that" shipment go?

In either case, you should have received a shipment notification since you were probably one of the first ones to get in....

Its just getting more frustrating as the date closes in. I have been postponing a trip, by fellow photo groupies are just as peeved with me, and BH can't cant a delivery date from Ricoh ...
05-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #374
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just checked my order status with Ricoh. The status changed from Pre-order to Assigning for Delivery. I am hoping that is a good sign!
05-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #375

The Amazon update is great to hear! I was just bordering on canceling my pre-order (March 4th) with them. I didn't realize until this morning and catching up on the forum posts here that the answers to the Amazon questions were posted by a non-Amazon rep/different seller. But I went online with chat again this morning (~9am Eastern) to try to get *SOME* kind of status. I basically got nowhere. I told the person they needed to escalate this to the corporate product manager since they haven't communicated anything to anyone and another seller ON AMAZON has 2 in stock. Meanwhile the first level people are contradicting* themselves left and right. Also that many people on several forums and websites were bordering on canceling their $2000 Amazon pre-orders due to other retailers not only having stock, but also communicating with people. I was told it would be escalated and I'd get a response. So far nothing.

I, like VoiceofReason, was hoping to go down to Cinci/Newport aquarium this weekend. Something tells me that probably won't happen now though.

*This same rep told me they were out of stock and wouldn't be "back in stock until June 28th." Then when I asked if they had even received them, I was told that they had never received or processed any from the manufacturer.
Closed Thread