Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #376

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Okay, just got off of Live Chat with Koby at B&H. He said they expect a shipment tomorrow and mine should go out with it.
Good luck !!!

05-03-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #377

Photos: Albums
May the 4th be will all our K1 order shipments.
05-03-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #378
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Question : I preordered this 50 minutes after it was announced. Can I get an update on when you expect to ship it?
.------------Begin Transcript------------.

Koby W : Hello Scotty Bishop, my name is Koby W and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me : Hi Koby
Koby W : Hi
Me : I wanted to get an update on order **********
Koby W : I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 05/04/16. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you.
Me : I have a visit to an aquarium I had put off for a week because of the delay and I can't put it off any more past this Saturday. I hope to have it in by then
Koby W : I can not promise this, but it is possible to get it by then. It depends if Pentax gets this to us on the correct date and if it comes earlier or later on the day
Me : Well, not much I can do right now, but I am disappointed
Koby W : I am sorry about this, but as soon as we get it in, we ship it.
Me : if that's all you can do that's all you can do
Me : Okay, I will pass along this info to the rest of the people on the Pentax forums. Thanks.

.------------End Transcript------------.
05-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #379
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great to have a little more clarity. One day (1 day!!) too late for me :-( Actually not even 1 day: just 4 hours too late. If they sent it out May 4, I would have it May 5 by 10am. But I am on a plane at 7:15am.

05-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #380

QuoteOriginally posted by vladfrenkel Quote
Just got an update from Amazon. Shipping tomorrow will arrive May 5th. Original preorder Feb 18th
Just talked with Amazon customer service. Still saying out of stock with no date available. At least you are getting yours as soon as others in the US who ordered early! I did not place my order until April 27. At this point, I think I might be further down the list if I ordered through someone else.
05-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #381

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I just checked my order status with Ricoh. The status changed from Pre-order to Assigning for Delivery. I am hoping that is a good sign!
Nice! Just checked mine, too.

"Your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed. Your order should ship within the next business day. When your order ships, we will send you an email with tracking information. If you do not receive this email, you can log in to your account to check your order status and view tracking information."
05-03-2016, 11:09 AM   #382

Question : I preordered this 50 minutes after it was announced. Can I get an update on when you expect to ship it?
.------------Begin Transcript------------.

Koby W : Hello Scotty Bishop, my name is Koby W and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me : Hi Koby
Koby W : Hi
Me : I wanted to get an update on order **********
Koby W : I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 05/04/16. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you.
Me : I have a visit to an aquarium I had put off for a week because of the delay and I can't put it off any more past this Saturday. I hope to have it in by then
Koby W : I can not promise this, but it is possible to get it by then. It depends if Pentax gets this to us on the correct date and if it comes earlier or later on the day
Me : Well, not much I can do right now, but I am disappointed
Koby W : I am sorry about this, but as soon as we get it in, we ship it.
Me : if that's all you can do that's all you can do
Me : Okay, I will pass along this info to the rest of the people on the Pentax forums. Thanks.

.------------End Transcript------------.

Thanks for the transcript. I guess there is really not much they can do about the situation.
As I said earlier, I have great experience with B&H and I was expecting B&H to be the first
retailer that is able to deliver preorders. But somehow, it is just not the case this time.
Anyways, the wait is getting a bit frustrating...

05-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #383

Thanks Scotty!
05-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #384

Cameta Cameras is now sold out. Sales guy was super impressed I had a preorder at Kenmore Cameras in Washington that I had to cancel since Cameta is already shipping and they just called me to say it's in store. They should only have 1 left if you want to try and call: 1-888-485-7447. Free shipping in the US
05-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #385
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
Nice! Just checked mine, too.

"Your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed. Your order should ship within the next business day. When your order ships, we will send you an email with tracking information. If you do not receive this email, you can log in to your account to check your order status and view tracking information."
Sounds good. Hopefully that means it will ship today! If so, congrats!
05-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #386
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
I use Lightspeed's POS system. I know how many units I have in stock, how many are in the warehouse, how many are on order, and how many are available for order. When the order is filled it triggers an update to orders in transit. I updates every time they are scanned during the delivery process. Its not rocket surgery. Its accountability for products. So if I have 5 units on hand and 10 on order, and I sell 20 units, I can provide an exact delivery date for 5 units, a very close approximation for 10 units and a reasonable time frame for the remaining units. I can click a button and expedite back orders, which will ensure a precise delivery date. Simple? I think the setback speaks to the relationship between the retailers and Ricoh.
I'm quite familiar with Lightspeed (as well as a half dozen other POS systems) and they don't work that way unless you have an integration to a warehouse such as True-Value or some other distributor. They don't provide vendor PO integration at the level you describe for most vendors. I'm glad you have the benefit of that at your workplace, it is not however normal or common.
05-03-2016, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #387

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
All of that works if all POS systems works togheter, if BH, Adorama and Amazon use a diferent system beetween them and Ricoh use another is very difficult (if not very expensive) to make all the software talk with each others.

That POS system you talk is very common in chain stores, like Mcdonald, Lowes, Waltmart etc, but hardly all of them can work togheter with other systems

Actually no, POS systems don't (usually) work together. Most POS systems are organizationally "internal only" by design and generally are just a "front end" to an overall ordering system. Sometimes an organization will have two POS & ordering systems (for example when one company buys another). There are some that can and do tie-in to B2B, reporting, inventory management, and ERP/financial type of systems on the server side. Specifically what you are talking about is supply chain management and B2B software. The simplest and most common example is for organizations that supply others to include Fedex/UPS/freight weighbills and tracking info as a part of their ASN (advanced shipping notification) process. Pretty much everything happens inside of the SQL databases driving the overall software. Realistically, a B2B data interchange of a small XML file via AS2 managed file transfer would be all that's needed whenever a tracking number or shipment has been generated for knowledge of inventory ordered, en route, spoken for etc.

Usually the hardest part is getting the two companies to talk to one another. Sorry, I've just been there and done that.
05-03-2016, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #388
Forum Member

I ended up cancelling my order with D Williams when they were unresponsive to my emails. Focus Camera (on Amazon) had two in stock, so I ordered one from there. Estimated delivery: Thursday!
05-03-2016, 11:34 AM - 2 Likes   #389

Photos: Gallery
waiting on a Pentax Full Frame camera is what I do...
Attached Images

05-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #390

:-o Just got a notification my CC was charged by B&H the amount of my K1 order.

Last edited by bril; 05-03-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Closed Thread