Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #451
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
Call them tomorrow. Mine was showing up like that earlier today, so I called customer service to ask whether I would receive one from the initial shipment or should expect to wait for a subsequent one. The rep. went into the system, snagged one for me and tagged it to go to the warehouse for shipping. Status change for my order appeared not long afterward.
Thanks. Let me do that tomorrow morning.

05-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emsee Quote
Thanks. Let me do that tomorrow morning.
Just so you know. However long it takes to get it, you are going to love it. I was able to hold one at our local camera store today and it just felt so right in my hands. The screen really is sturdy. The menus appear to be a lot cleaner and easier on the eyes. I am feeling very very grateful to be able to own one.
05-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #453
Forum Member

Call them tomorrow. Mine was showing up like that earlier today, so I called customer service to ask whether I would receive one from the initial shipment or should expect to wait for a subsequent one. The rep. went into the system, snagged one for me and tagged it to go to the warehouse for shipping. Status change for my order appeared not long afterward.

The randomness of shipping for people's orders, which should be happening in a certain order one would think, is mighty funky. It's like B&H, Adorama, and Amazon are reaching into a hat to decide who on the list will get theirs shipped. Being that I've never pre-ordered a camera before, is this kind of thing normal in Canikony land too?
05-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #454
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by laddy Quote
I was a loyal Nikon user, but today I decided to sell my Nikon gear and go all in with Pentax. Nikon just simply can't compete anymore with Pentax. So far, purchased the 28-70mm zoom for the k-1.
Welcome aboard! These forums and particularly the lens database are an absolutely invaluable corner of the internet. I hope we can help soften the nature of a jarring system change, and certainly that you find yourself happier with Pentax scratching where your photo needs itch.

05-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #455
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is anyone else with "order sent to warehouse" not seeing a tracking number on the order status page?

I wonder if B&H didn't get through the entire queue of shipments today. Can't say I've experienced this before, but it's possible given the fact that the store was closed for 10 days.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #456

;
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
B&H just changed my order status to: "In stock, order sent to warehouse"
Same here!!! I am getting all hyper before my morning cup...

No tracking number yet... I am fine with them not passing that info through as long as all their efforts went into packing and shipping out the door. I just hope I don't get a verification department stoppage since they are shipping international and not to my home address....

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 11:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dfp771 Quote
I ordered my K-1 on Feb. 17th from B&H. The status as of now is "In stock, order sent to warehouse " and my CC has been charged. So, looks like it will ship today. Can't wait to try it out!
I had a voice mail from Ricoh last night (about 3:45pm EST) and she said the K1's have just left Denver Colorado. I am assuming a 1 day travel time, then processing at BH. Perhaps BH's warehouse's are updated by the shipper which changes the status to in-stock (The reality is, its in transit, not in stock), this would explain the tracking number being N/A.

A day late... but still on the way

Last edited by K-amps; 05-03-2016 at 11:14 PM.
05-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #457

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is anyone else with "order sent to warehouse" not seeing a tracking number on the order status page?

I wonder if B&H didn't get through the entire queue of shipments today. Can't say I've experienced this before, but it's possible given the fact that the store was closed for 10 days.
My order status is "In stock, order sent to warehouse", tracking info only shows "Pending..."

05-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #458
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I really am not sure that things go through Denver. I was under the impression that everything comes directly from Cebu (including consumer orders from the US ricoh imaging web site). To keep prices low retailers also get stock from other sources - there's no denying that

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
No tracking number yet... I am fine with them not passing that info through as long as all their efforts went into packing and shipping out the door. I just hope I don't get a verification department stoppage since they are shipping international and not to my home address....
Something's telling me that they called it a day and didn't get through all the orders. When I spoke with B&H they told me that they were 100% closed during the holiday. No warehouse unpacking or anything other than receiving. This must have left them with a big backlog.

Then again, they could have just not had time to put in the tracking into, but that doesn't seem likely. People don't enter tracking info manually these days- it's all just a barcode scan.

In any case I did pay for overnight shipping, so if the order didn't go out a refund may be in order.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #459
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kvetcha Quote
I ended up cancelling my order with D Williams when they were unresponsive to my emails. Focus Camera (on Amazon) had two in stock, so I ordered one from there. Estimated delivery: Thursday!
I do try to respond to everyone emails as fast as possible we are a small shop located in Northern Arizona and the amount of orders we received was overwhelming and we are working hard to get everyone that ordered shipped and everyone that emailed us a response. The Amount of orders we received through both our website and Amazon was far more than we could have ever expected

---------- Post added 05-04-16 at 01:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
DWilliams Imaging is on Facebook and he is pretty responsive to messages. He also has a website where you can order. Personally I would feel comfortable ordering from him. YMMV
Thank you for this the response I got from Pentax forum members has been overwhelming so much so that our POS and website integration system went nuts due to the amount of orders we received rest assured I'm trying to get everyone their orders as fast as we can get them out.

---------- Post added 05-04-16 at 01:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
There's no seller history with D Williams, so I was hesitant. He also seemed too eager to respond to questions in the affirmative. "Will the K-1 menu be in Chinese? Yeah, probably." Hmmm.

I cancelled my order from Amazon because I didn't want to pay state tax, especially to Kansas, almost 10%. Preordered from Ricoh last week. No joy.
That is because all of Pentax's Cameras in the past have had Chinese Menus... Not wanting to say flat out yes or no with out knowing 100%
05-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think any B&H pre-order actually made it in the post today (Tuesday) for next-day delivery on Wednesday (source: I had a preorder email confirmation 3 mins after the page went live).

I agree with your hypothesis later in the thread that a 10 day backlog of orders is partly to blame... and they're probably still handling the D500 preorder too (which hit right before they closed for Passover). I would expect that shipping notifications will be sent on Wednesday, and next-day delivery puts it in mailboxes on Thursday.
05-04-2016, 02:24 AM   #461
Forum Member

Ordered from Amazon on April 21. Last night I called them and asked when they thought they would have them and they said they didn't know. Late last night, I got an e-mail saying it should be arriving Friday, they are preparing to ship today.
05-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #462
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You do realize that because of this everyone else whose K1 didn't ship yesterday is going to blame you
05-04-2016, 03:54 AM   #463

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
Weeeeelll. It hasn't shipped yet. So there's still room for an "oops, sorry". I do have a tracking number, but UPS doesn't have it yet.
Confirmed UPS has it and it will be here tomorrow!!
05-04-2016, 04:10 AM   #464

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
Confirmed UPS has it and it will be here tomorrow!!

Sweet. Was this a BH, Adorama or Amazon order?
05-04-2016, 04:28 AM   #465
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine is still at Sent to Warehouse.
Closed Thread