QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Dude.
hahahahaha.

05-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #512
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zen3d Quote
They have lost me as a customer forever with this "service".
Because they're offering additional services now that they didn't off 3 months ago?
Interesting.
People usually complain when companies cut back on services.
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #513

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Because they're offering additional services now that they didn't off 3 months ago?
Interesting.
You didn't read my post, apparently. I did not receive that service (the increased speed of delivery). Instead I got a bunch of excuses from "customer service" about why I didn't get the service.

Usually, when a retailer offers new services, they make them retroactive for outstanding orders. It's just good business sense. My order and good faith have been with B&H for the last 3 months, when I could have switched to Adorama or Amazon or my local camera store. But I stuck with B&H. My mistake, perhaps.
05-04-2016, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #514
Veteran Member

You didn't read my post, apparently. I did not receive that service (the increased speed of delivery). Instead I got a bunch of excuses from "customer service" about why I didn't get the service.

Usually, when a retailer offers new services, they make them retroactive for outstanding orders. It's just good business sense. My order and good faith have been with B&H for the last 3 months, when I could have switched to Adorama or Amazon or my local camera store. But I stuck with B&H. My mistake, perhaps.
If when you preorder the camera the shipping was "standar", when the order was placed that standar shipping was recorder, now that your camera is beign shipped the system grab that service and print the label.

For do what you want to do, they need to take one by one all the orders and modify the shipping, is very unlikely any company do this.

05-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #515
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mine, ordered 03-14, shipped from B&H this morning.

Reading some of the posts last night, I checked my card and was a little disappointed it had not been charged. I expect it has been charged now.. maybe they overlooked that detail... anyone had the camera ship but no charge to card :^)

---------- Post added 05-04-16 at 04:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
One of the ironies of this shipping situation is that I see the customer in Switzerland expects to get their delivery Friday (shipped today from B&H) while my in country delivery to Houston (shipped today also) is scheduled for next Monday. Of course shipments overseas go directly by air - while the trip in the US involves a stop and transfer at the US hub (Atlanta?) and thus takes longer; just enough longer to put us into the weekend and thus Monday.

UPS now has my tracking number and confirms signature required - although they say they only have the computer label and haven't picked up the item.
Ha!

I ordered some stuff from Marks & Spencer in England. They turned the VAT I needn't pay into speedy shipping. The order reached me in less time than expedited orders from NY.

It was so fun, I placed an order the following week to enjoy it all again.

I don't think it is possible to order from M&S in England now. They have a presence in America. I hope the items shipped are the same. At similar cost, their bedclothes beat the.. pants off locally purchased stuff!

---------- Post added 05-04-16 at 05:04 PM ----------

I placed a pre-order for a K-1 on 2/18 from B&H. This morning, I received a tracking number. I learned that scheduled deliver is in 5 business days (5/11). But their web site says that this product is available with expedited shipping (1-3 business days, depending on where I am; cross-country in my case would requires 3 days). After discussions with their customer service, I am informed that when I placed the order, they only offered "standard shipping". Right now, I am a very dissatisfied customer of B&H. They have lost me as a customer forever with this "service".

Buyer beware.
hmm..?
Mine shipped the same as whenever I have spent more than a few bucks with them. I didn't order in Feb, but I have received orders from them in three days for a long time and I don't usually upgrade shipping..
05-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #516
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, oh! Checked my CC statement and there is a pending charge from Adorama for the correct amount! Looks like I may have a nice surprise for Monday, Friday if I am lucky! Come on UPS!
05-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #517
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
hahahahaha.
I should probably specify that I'm amused not for your having to wait longer but the fact that those that didn't promptly pre-order ended up in the back of the bus AGAIN. I've seen this happen a number of times on smaller items (movies and games) to the point that I don't pre-order unless I *know* there is going to be a long term shortage.

Instead, you can just go to the website today.. after a month of preorders.. and buy a copy. wow.

05-04-2016, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #518
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I should probably specify that I'm amused not for your having to wait longer but the fact that those that didn't promptly pre-order ended up in the back of the bus AGAIN. I've seen this happen a number of times on smaller items (movies and games) to the point that I don't pre-order unless I *know* there is going to be a long term shortage.

Instead, you can just go to the website today.. after a month of preorders.. and buy a copy. wow.
I'm actually having fun watching the mass social behavior on the Forum. I'm good just waiting for my fill because (despite a few moments of frustration with not knowing anything) I'm not in a hurry. I have a drawer full of manual lenses that will quietly wait another week or two. Any time before August is fine with me. For my niece's wedding and the Berkshires in spring -- DA Limiteds or FA Limiteds -- they're all fun!

Those who are truly impatient are welcome to my spot in line, to a point.
05-04-2016, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #519

That's a mostly a crock. If a retailer is running a special such as a coupon and I don't have the coupon at the time of purchase it's SOL. B&H routinely offers free shipping or free upgraded shipping as specials on limited time basis. I've ordered supplies from them with free shipping and a month later when I wanted to reorder items free shipping was no longer offered.

Boriscletoed™
05-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #520
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm actually having fun watching the mass social behavior on the Forum. I'm good just waiting for my fill because (despite a few moments of frustration with not knowing anything) I'm not in a hurry. I have a drawer full of manual lenses that will quietly wait another week or two. Any time before August is fine with me. For my niece's wedding and the Berkshires in spring -- DA Limiteds or FA Limiteds -- they're all fun!

Those who are truly impatient are welcome to my spot in line, to a point.
Good attitude!
05-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #521
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Interesting.
When I pre-ordered my Surface 4 from Adorama, this shipping issue was the same. They updated the product page shipping from standard to expedited some weeks before the launch date. I called to ask if that was going to apply to my pre-order, and they said of course it would, the site just wasn't completely updated at the time they put the item in the system.

It sounds like that is what happened here, but who knows why B&H wouldn't honor the change for what is probably a rather small product launch for them. I thought "free expedited" was the base shipping option for the majority of things from both retailers anyway.
05-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #522
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I did read your post; hence my reply.
What should they have done?
You ordered a camera with standard shipping. You paid for a camera with standard shipping; and they shipped you a camera with standard shipping. confused2
05-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #523

QuoteOriginally posted by ShiftR Quote
I called to ask if that was going to apply to my pre-order, and they said of course it would, the site just wasn't completely updated at the time they put the item in the system.

It sounds like that is what happened here, but who knows why B&H wouldn't honor the change for what is probably a rather small product launch for them. I thought "free expedited" was the base shipping option for the majority of things from both retailers anyway.
Maybe it depends on the people skills on the telephone of the parties involved. As the saying goes you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.
05-04-2016, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #524
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For the vast majority of us K-1 is basically an adult toy. For a few more dedicated hobbyists it is a fine tool that will increase enjoyment of the hobby. I'd bet most if not all of the users who actually earn money with a camera have an account Rep at some dealer and made a verbal reservation. I'd also bet they got their cameras toot de suite.

Which is why we're not hearing much from them.
05-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #525
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey! Just because it is a new toy....
Closed Thread