Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Oldest first. Domestic, international, outer space is all the same. Oldest first.
Thank you Henry! You have no idea how comforting and settling an official B&H presence is on this forum.

I would like to mention that when I called to ask about ship dates I was given the best estimate the CS rep had. Based on that I upgraded to two day shipping since I'm off to the coast on Friday morning. The CS rep was very helpful and told me to watch the website and if mine did not ship on Tuesday to call back and they could change the shipping to overnite. Which is exactly what happened and I was flawlessly upgraded to overnite shipping. The K-1 arrived Thursday afternoon and I'm off to the coast with it.
Thank you for a great customer service experience!

05-06-2016, 08:30 AM - 2 Likes   #587
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Oldest first. Domestic, international, outer space is all the same. Oldest first.
Are you sure you were allowed to say this? I thought it was supposed to be kept a big secret until Hillary opened up the UFO files after she gets back in the White House.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm a little aggravated that I placed an order within minutes of the website accepting pre-orders, and it appears I'll be one of the last ones on the planet to actually get a camera from the first batch. However, B/H has never faltered before, and I've never pre-ordered anything before, so I'll chalk it up to the weirdness and uncertainty of the situation. I'm certainly not blaming B/H... just circumstances, and it'll all be moot in a day or two for me anyway.
05-06-2016, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #588
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Shows as delivered and I have to be at work for 5 more hours.
05-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #589

My K-1 came to the door a few minutes ago. I ordered it on April 27 from Amazon. From what I can tell, the stores did the best they could with the demand and the delayed or insufficient numbers coming from the manufacturer. It could be that Ricoh was not as ready for the popularity of this camera as they thought.

I don't know if our phone calls to Customer Support have helped or not. What do you all think?

05-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #590
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSLRnovice Quote
I don't know if our phone calls to Customer Support have helped or not. What do you all think?
Usually they dont help, after all, if they dont have enough cameras, what they can do? Maybe someone who dont gonna enter in the first batch made someone in the CS at the top of the list, or grab one camera and pit their label because of the call, but we really never know...

05-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #591

This is really hard to endure. The 28-70 DFA showed up. I have to sit her watching others receive their wonderful K-1's, while I wait...wait...wait.
05-07-2016, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #592

QuoteOriginally posted by laddy Quote
This is really hard to endure. The 28-70 DFA showed up. I have to sit her watching others receive their wonderful K-1's, while I wait...wait...wait.
I have hit refresh on the Fed-ex tracking page 43.348 million times.... and its still shows left Memphis 28 hours ago... so I feel your pain

It will come , it will come !

05-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #593

My K5 arrived on Thursday from Adorama. Came 1 day shipping. I ordered it on about 4/28 - so the list was clearly not too long. LOVING the camera.
05-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #594

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
I have hit refresh on the Fed-ex tracking page 43.348 million times.... and its still shows left Memphis 28 hours ago... so I feel your pain

It will come , it will come !
I really feel like it will never come. I look at the tracking in its indiana, then kentucky, then indiana again. feels so far away
05-07-2016, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #595

QuoteOriginally posted by laddy Quote
I really feel like it will never come. I look at the tracking in its indiana, then kentucky, then indiana again. feels so far away
Strafing the Border lol.

At least mine has not shown an update since 4:32pm on Friday.... thats a lot of refresh clicks with no change. Then I have international customs and duty delay to contend with... you should be fine once they are back from the weekend :-)
05-08-2016, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #596

Photos: Gallery
And, my camera continues to sit at DFW airport - it has been there since Friday morning at 4:56 AM. Tomorrow evening the UPS guy will show up at the house around 7:30 to 8:00 PM - only 6 days after I got my tracking number - pretty darn good for 3 day select service - if you ask me. T - 14 hours and holding. I believe the hold is to allow UPS to wipe off the dust and cobwebs the package has collected in DFW.

Just heard from UPS - actually the hold is because both UPS offices (DFW and the local Missouri City distribution center) have gone to watch the snail races at the mile and one half Belmont Stakes track. Evidently one of the snails balked at going into the starting gate causing the delay. For those not familiar with snail races; they use 18 year old jockeys and give them their first social security check when they cross the finish line.
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM - 1 Like   #597

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
And, my camera continues to sit at DFW airport - it has been there since Friday morning at 4:56 AM. Tomorrow evening the UPS guy will show up at the house around 7:30 to 8:00 PM - only 6 days after I got my tracking number - pretty darn good for 3 day select service - if you ask me. T - 14 hours and holding. I believe the hold is to allow UPS to wipe off the dust and cobwebs the package has collected in DFW.

Just heard from UPS - actually the hold is because both UPS offices (DFW and the local Missouri City distribution center) have gone to watch the snail races at the mile and one half Belmont Stakes track. Evidently one of the snails balked at going into the starting gate causing the delay. For those not familiar with snail races; they use 18 year old jockeys and give them their first social security check when they cross the finish line.
Have heart, my shipment (destination Qatar) finally made it to Dubai (an hour away) and is now being sent back to BH, because Qatar Air does not allow Lithium batteries to be shipped by Air... I have NO idea when I will see my K1.
05-08-2016, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #598

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Have heart, my shipment (destination Qatar) finally made it to Dubai (an hour away) and is now being sent back to BH, because Qatar Air does not allow Lithium batteries to be shipped by Air... I have NO idea when I will see my K1.
I feel you.. I would be so mad .....

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
Tomorrow evening the UPS guy will show up at the house around 7:30 to 8:00 PM - only 6 days after I got my tracking number - pretty darn good for 3 day select service - if you ask me
haha ! I receive mine tommorow also, Fedex drop off at my house. I am a new Pentax user, and I just received today (Sunday amazon delivery, I love you amazon) my 31mm f1.8 limited. This lens is absolutly georgous... The pictures (of it) really don't make this lens a favor IMO ....
I receive also the Sigma 35mm f1.4 and the DA* 55mm WR. I will have approx 1 month to decide which one is the winner and return the two other
05-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #599

It feels like a lot of folks on here who used B&H are seeing some motion in their orders which has to be some relief after the blank "preorder" status for a month (even if its tedious watching the fedex tracker). Unfortunately my order from Pentax / Ricoh site is not showing any update, and phone calls to the Pentax USA store, Tech support, their 3rd party processing company, etc have all proven useless. There is literally no information anyone can give me on my order thats been sitting in limbo for over 2 months.

Is anyone else having this customer support issue with Ricoh? Are any of these orders shipping? Am I the only one who made the mistake of thinking buying direct would process faster?
05-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #600
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by 81arctic Quote
It feels like a lot of folks on here who used B&H are seeing some motion in their orders which has to be some relief after the blank "preorder" status for a month (even if its tedious watching the fedex tracker). Unfortunately my order from Pentax / Ricoh site is not showing any update, and phone calls to the Pentax USA store, Tech support, their 3rd party processing company, etc have all proven useless. There is literally no information anyone can give me on my order thats been sitting in limbo for over 2 months.

Is anyone else having this customer support issue with Ricoh? Are any of these orders shipping? Am I the only one who made the mistake of thinking buying direct would process faster?

I recall reading another post here in the last couple of days where one or more members have placed orders (within the past week) and already have a camera.

Wonder what's up with yours?
Closed Thread