Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2016, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #616
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Then why bother to post your complaint about the K5 on a post about waiting for the K1 which outshines the D810?

06-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #617
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by outsider Quote
A Nikon camera released today can be had for half the price in 2 or 3 years.
Might be a good reason for that................
06-09-2016, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #618
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Nikon camera released today can be had for half the price in 2 or 3 years.
Your PentaxForums registration, on the other hand, has not changed in price since January, 2011.
06-14-2016, 12:07 PM   #619
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Then why bother to post your complaint about the K5 on a post about waiting for the K1 which outshines the D810?
I'm not complaining about the k-5. Haven't owned it for years. I've just never been satisfied with pentax cameras, design and color and contrast algorithms. Except the k-x. That was a great camera for portraits. Perhaps the K-1 does outshine the D810, after all it does have external lighting system for controls. But as far as image quality. It's aaaallll relative Enjoy your camera!

---------- Post added 06-14-16 at 02:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
There's a reason for everything. But my best guess is that Nikon just produces so many cameras, people have to have the latest model. Sell it and it's on the used market. It's not because they are bad cameras as you may be implying. One of the best apsc cameras ever made and still one of the best in my opinion, the Nikon D300 was about $1300 (?) new when it was released in 2007. Since then, perhaps well over a dozen new models came out. And to the used buyers delight, it can be had for under 400 in excellent shape, and it's still dropping. Happy shooting and please check out some of my photos on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/atiimjones/photos

---------- Post added 06-14-16 at 02:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Your PentaxForums registration, on the other hand, has not changed in price since January, 2011.
I don't understand what you're actually saying. Or maybe that IS what you're saying. Anyways, Anymore, I treat all types of communication over the internet the same, whether it be facebook, youtube, motorcycle forums, private chat. It puts things into perspective for me. To know that any form of web research or communication can lead me to the information and resources I am looking for.

Last edited by outsider; 06-14-2016 at 12:21 PM.
06-14-2016, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #620
Site Supporter

I'm not complaining about the k-5. Haven't owned it for years. I've just never been satisfied with pentax cameras, design and color and contrast algorithms. Except the k-x. That was a great camera for portraits. Perhaps the K-1 does outshine the D810, after all it does have external lighting system for controls. But as far as image quality. It's aaaallll relative Enjoy your camera!

But the funny thing is that objective tests show it to be true. Image quality with the Pentax is better, especially with pixel shift. But hey, you're the one coming to a Pentax forum when you don't own a Pentax, posting in a thread that is about when a camera is expected to ship, and complaining about the camera when you've probably never handled one of them. Good job *slow clap*

06-15-2016, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #621
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
But the funny thing is that objective tests show it to be true. Image quality with the Pentax is better, especially with pixel shift. But hey, you're the one coming to a Pentax forum when you don't own a Pentax, posting in a thread that is about when a camera is expected to ship, and complaining about the camera when you've probably never handled one of them. Good job *slow clap*[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
Wow "Voice of Reason". Never in this thread did I initiate any reference of a comparison of image quality between the K-1 and ANY other camera. I don't get in to that. I think it wise to give you a reason behind this while i'm here. Because image quality from a scientific perspective, whether it be iso performance, dynamic range, etc, etc, etc may not be as important as another feature(s) of a camera which one uses. Someone else brought up a comparison between the D810 and the K-1. I had a simple response and was not getting in to that topic. It is simply irrelevant to me. I'd also like to say that i'm not complaining about the K-1. I don't own it and never used it. So other than the specs available to the public and a few raw photo conversions I have seen. I'm not in a position to complain. Thirdly, I do own pentax equipment. Many lenses and film cameras and may or may not be mounted to a modern dslr. I have owned the k-x and k-5 when they were just released and everyone was raving about them just as proud owners of the K-1 are now. Please read carefully and think carefully if possible, before you put words in my mouth. Lastly, even though it may be irrelevant, I believe that many people never come close to bringing out or even using the full potential of their camera. If one can take an underexposed photo with the K-1 at an extremely high iso and be able to process it so that it looks fantastic without painfully obvious smearing from noise reduction and balance the highlights to the shadows so that it appears very natural, then they exhibit mastery in that sense. For me, the most important thing is mastering the raw file any specific camera produces. Understanding how to manipulate every element, from highlights to darks, white balance, controlling the balance of colors for each specific photo. It took me thousands and thousands of hours and even more time editing raw files from my 9 year old dslr to master not only the functionality of the camera as I use it, but mastering the raw file as well. And i'm not talking about mastering something after taking an extended class for photoshop or self defense. Mastering in the sense that Bruce Lee mastered the Martial Arts (or something like that). I'm only making that reference because I feel that so many people part with a thing without ever realizing how much more they could do with it. Please have a look at my photos. Many of which were taken with pentax dslr's!!
https://www.facebook.com/atiimjones/

Last edited by outsider; 06-15-2016 at 08:41 AM.
06-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #622

Understanding how to manipulate every element, from highlights to darks, white balance, controlling the balance of colors for each specific photo. It took me thousands and thousands of hours and even more time editing raw files from my 9 year old dslr to master not only the functionality of the camera as I use it, but mastering the raw file as well. And i'm not talking about mastering something after taking an extended class for photoshop or self defense. Mastering in the sense that Bruce Lee mastered the Martial Art

"Voice of Reason". is correct. But I guess we should just call you "Bruce" the Master of the 9 year old dslr raw file. What a joke!

06-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #623
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JENSEN7474 Quote
"Voice of Reason". is correct. But I guess we should just call you "Bruce" the Master of the 9 year old dslr raw file. What a joke!
Whatever. I've done a quite a lot in my time as a photographer. And for you to jump in to the rubbish that others started is a "Joke". You're the guy to jump in to an online conversation between surgeons, and spew your advice about surgery, when you've never been to medical school. I love my old cameras and that's why I use them as opposed to newer ones. What have you done? Show me your photos. Or maybe not. Actually I don't want to see them. Don't try to knock or offend me, because it's only going to make you look like even more silly like so many others who feel like they have to play the pentax fanboy bullying game. I believe in taking photos. With an old Film Camera which hasn't been cleaned for decades, or a spotless shiny new 2099 K-10000. Doen't matter. I've done both. But I like to have a nice photo to show at the end of the day, no matter what equipment i'm using. Pentax body, nikon lens.. If you do a search for Atiim Jones....."if", I don't give a hoot either way....you'll see countless examples of what he's done with his dinky old cameras, lol. Photos seen by millions worldwide. Apparently my ideology and talent has done something? NBC Today Show, Cosmopolitain, Huffington post, numerous gallery exhibitions, newspapers, magazines. Oh no, i'm not bragging. I'm making a point for whomever has read this far. Do more. Talk less trash. Anyone else? Fine with me. But i'm done. I have work to do. But know that there are other options for where to put your advice

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-29-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Removed vulgarity
06-29-2016, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #624
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Folks, let's tone this down right now, please, and keep it friendly without personal attacks or inflammatory content - as per the rules of the forum. It will save me from deleting posts altogether or closing the thread.
06-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #625

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Folks, let's tone this down right now, please, and keep it friendly without personal attacks or inflammatory content - as per the rules of the forum. It will save me from deleting posts altogether or closing the thread.
This person is a troll - his posts need to be deleted. I actually looked at his photos. My mother once told me: "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." So I won't say anything at all.
06-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #626
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
This person is a troll - his posts need to be deleted. I actually looked at his photos. My mother once told me: "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." So I won't say anything at all.
You just called me a Troll. If you can't keep your mouth clean, how can others?. My assumption is that your understanding of the term "Troll" is skewed. There are other people that resent your statement. Leave it alone dude. It's done. I would suggest finding something useful to do, even if it has nothing to do with Pentax. I've accomplished too much in my life to waste time "trolling". And responding to your ignorance. Most of the members like you who continue to pollute the thread and "come at" me perhaps just have nothing to do. I have been a member for about 4 years and have contributed an abundance of various things that have helped the forum to what it is today. I would suggest no one make any reference to me in this thread, but instead take some quiet time and contemplate. But feel free to p.m. me and say anything your heart desires! Here or otherwise. Enjoy Life!
06-30-2016, 11:45 AM - 2 Likes   #627
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, that's it. Thread closed.
Closed Thread