Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-1 Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Personally, I'm starting to get worried about entering a new state of "being", one where I'm no longer looking forward to "the K-1 dawn".

It's a state that has dominated my down moments for so long, you know, when you are feeling a bit down you turn to dreaming about the K-1 and it keeps your spirits up. What will I replace this past "state" with once all "the K-1 release euphoric state" has passed?

Buying a new lens or whatever can't possibly fill this void. Taking pictures, once a cure all, may not do it this time.

Should Pentax Forums get a Psychologist on staff to help us through the coming dark times as we learn to refocus on the "now" ?

How will you cope?

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.
04-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Updated FA limiteds will fill the void, and an updated FA* 24/2
04-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Personally, I'm starting to get worried about entering a new state of "being", one where I'm no longer looking forward to "the K-1 dawn".

It's a state that has dominated my down moments for so long, you know, when you are feeling a bit down you turn to dreaming about the K-1 and it keeps your spirits up. What will I replace this past "state" with once all "the K-1 release euphoric state" has passed?

Buying a new lens or whatever can't possibly fill this void. Taking pictures, once a cure all, may not do it this time.

Should Pentax Forums get a Psychologist on staff to help us through the coming dark times as we learn to refocus on the "now" ?

How will you cope?
By seeing just how fast I can get to the rated shutter count.
04-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
By seeing just how fast I can get to the rated shutter count.
You'll be distracted buying new HDDs!

04-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure if my feeling is the same, but I am worried that after all the waiting and anticipation there will be a massive let down when the K-1 turns out to be, well, just a camera...................
04-01-2016, 05:21 PM - 4 Likes   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not sure if my feeling is the same, but I am worried that after all the waiting and anticipation there will be a massive let down when the K-1 turns out to be, well, just a camera...................
Whoa!!!! J.u.s.t. a camera? Surely you jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bite Yore tongue. Go see yore Granny and tell her to wash yore mouth out with lye soap!
04-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course the K-1 is just a camera. It's about mounting lenses on the camera that you can shoot as God intended they be shot.

Buy more FF lenses and you will be happy! .

04-01-2016, 05:23 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dawg Quote
Whoa!!!! J.u.s.t. a camera? Surely you jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bite Yore tongue. Go see yore Granny and tell her to wash yore mouth out with lye soap!
LOL. Grannys long gone but I hear what you are saying. But come on I just said I was worried, not that it would happen.

---------- Post added 04-01-16 at 05:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Of course the K-1 is just a camera. It's about mounting lenses on the camera that you can shoot as God intended they be shot.
As an APS-C shooter, I used to get cranky when people posted things like that to justify a FF camera. Now I find myself looking forward to seeing what that really means. Apologizes to those I took to task for that sentiment over the last couple of years. Times do change...........................
04-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #9
Pentaxian

You'll be distracted buying new HDDs!
60MB per RAW files, perhaps figure 70 to be safe, × 300K shots = 18-21TB maximum. One third of that if using high quality JPEGs. Say, 10% off for wastage (the shots I just straight-out flush down the drain because the flash didn't fire or whatever). It's manageable.
04-01-2016, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

I think the saying is: Be careful what you wish for. Because you might get it.
Another one is: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
04-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #11
Pentaxian

K-1 Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome Personally, I'm starting to get worried about entering a new state of "being", one where I'm no longer looking forward to "the K-1 dawn". It's a state that has dominated my down moments for so long, you know, when you are feeling a bit down you turn to dreaming about the K-1 and it keeps your spirits up. What will I replace this past "state" with once all "the K-1 release euphoric state" has passed? Buying a new lens or whatever can't possibly fill this void. Taking pictures, once a cure all, may not do it this time. Should Pentax Forums get a Psychologist on staff to help us through the coming dark times as we learn to refocus on the "now" ? How will you cope?
I hope that PF is not representative of actual sales triggered for Ricoh. As I can read through the many lines of the threads and compare the amount of full frame related arguing, interest and discussions that happened before the release to the interests raised by the actual release and reviews of the new DFA lenses. It's alarming. A lot of folks have been passionate about the Pentax full frame thing, but it seems that after the new full frame products were released, the some folks have nearly disappeared from the scene of the Pentax full frame discussions. Also, while people may have passionately argued about how good is Pentax etc... it is a bit weird when the same persons actually bought themselves a full frame camera from Ricoh's competitors, which is misleading. So, how will the actual success of Pentax full frame be compared to the amount of tease and FF vs APSC arguing? To me it looks like arguing and all the thrill about Pentax FF on PF was free, while actually buying FF gear isn't free at all. When the Pentax K-1 was about to be officially released, the Pentax news and rumors counted up to 200 viewing persons, and one month after the announcement, it's back down to 35 viewers, the lower number in one or two years. On DPreview, the Pentax K-1 has been on display, ranking first among most interesting camera chart, and fell off the chart only a few weeks later.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 04-01-2016 at 05:55 PM.
04-01-2016, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As an APS-C shooter, I used to get cranky when people posted things like that to justify a FF camera. Now I find myself looking forward to seeing what that really means. Apologizes to those I took to task for that sentiment over the last couple of years. Times do change...........................
Kinda funny how things work. Lately I've been buying APSc lenses.
04-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #13

LOL. Grannys long gone but I hear what you are saying. But come on I just said I was worried, not that it would happen.[COLOR="Silver"]
Jest a kiddin' myself!!
04-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Kinda funny how things work. Lately I've been buying APSc lenses.
Made the commitment and I'm moving on. I really hope it will be the right choice. I have more than enough FF capable lenses to start. I did sell my set of DA Limiteds to fund the K-1 and already miss them but something had to go. I'm keeping my k-3II though, just in case.
04-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I hope that PF is not representative of actual sales triggered for Ricoh. As I can read through the many lines of the threads and compare the amount of full frame related arguing, interest and discussions that happened before the release to the interests raised by the actual release and reviews of the new DFA lenses. It's alarming. A lot of folks have been passionate about the Pentax full frame thing, but it seems that after the new full frame products were released, the some folks have nearly disappeared from the scene of the Pentax full frame discussions. Also, while people may have passionately argued about how good is Pentax etc... it is a bit weird when the [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]same persons[/COLOR] actually bought themselves a full frame camera from Ricoh's competitors, which is misleading. So, how will the actual success of Pentax full frame be compared to the amount of tease and FF vs APSC arguing? To me it looks like arguing and all the thrill about Pentax FF on PF was free, while actually buying FF gear isn't free at all. When the Pentax K-1 was about to be officially released, the Pentax news and rumors counted up to 200 viewing persons, and one month after the announcement, it's back down to 35 viewers, the lower number in one or two years. On DPreview, the Pentax K-1 has been on display, ranking first among most interesting camera chart, and fell off the chart only a few weeks later.
Precisely and specifically, who are all these people to whom you refer?