Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by darylk Quote
There's always the 645z successor that should be out (in full frame?) in the next several years. A new obsession for your edification :-) .
If they really, truly do intend to put a 100MP sensor into that thing, it will become worthwhile for Pentax to source reliable 4TB-plus external HDDs and put the brand on them.

04-02-2016, 09:31 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When you hit 'refresh' on the UPS page and ...

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Personally, I'm starting to get worried about entering a new state of "being", one where I'm no longer looking forward to "the K-1 dawn".

It's a state that has dominated my down moments for so long, you know, when you are feeling a bit down you turn to dreaming about the K-1 and it keeps your spirits up. What will I replace this past "state" with once all "the K-1 release euphoric state" has passed?

Buying a new lens or whatever can't possibly fill this void. Taking pictures, once a cure all, may not do it this time.

Should Pentax Forums get a Psychologist on staff to help us through the coming dark times as we learn to refocus on the "now" ?

How will you cope?
...."Out For Delivery" nulls all the overworked registers in the brain and brings renewal.
04-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

There's always the 645z successor that should be out
My understanding is that it will feature a super-645 format at over 200 Mpickles with an 8x10 roll-up flexible LCD monitor.

Steve

(...Oh, and 3-D video...)
04-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My understanding is that it will feature a super-645 format at over 200 Mpickles with an 8x10 roll-up flexible LCD monitor.

Steve

(...Oh, and 3-D video...)
That's a lot of pickles!

Obviously the roll-up LCD monitor would be designed to include a handhole slot structurally designed for dangling and vigorously shaking the camera and a 300mm lens as expected in everyday use .

Daryl

04-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

designed for dangling and vigorously shaking the camera
Yes...definitely shaken and NOT stirred. Nothing is more damaging to pickles than stirring.

Steve
04-03-2016, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How will you cope?
Holy freholies! What will I do when the spark of amazing brightness known as the K-1 arrives, and I am confronted with the bleak reality that I have to get out and shoot pictures?!!!?!??!?!

I'll just get super excited about my Tesla Model 3 preorder instead!! I mean after all, I can shoot from the window without combustion engine vibration concerns.
04-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dawg Quote
Whoa!!!! J.u.s.t. a camera? Surely you jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bite Yore tongue. Go see yore Granny and tell her to wash yore mouth out with lye soap!
Stop calling people Shirley.

04-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
If they really, truly do intend to put a 100MP sensor into that thing, it will become worthwhile for Pentax to source reliable 4TB-plus external HDDs and put the brand on them.
And each 100mp 645 comes with a Tempurpedic mattress to sleep upon while waiting for the 4TB clip-on hard drive memory unit to complete downloading a day's shooting onto your mainframe.
04-03-2016, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #54
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I don't want to finger point anyone,
Nor do I. Suffice it to say that nothing brings out the naysayers, malcontents, and trolls like the relase of a new model.
04-03-2016, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Stop calling people Shirley.
ShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirley
ShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirleyShirley
04-03-2016, 09:23 PM - 1 Like   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Having read some of the last few posts, the point I raised in my original post "Should Pentax Forums get a Psychologist on staff" seems more relevant than ever..........
04-04-2016, 04:33 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
after all, I can shoot from the window without combustion engine vibration concerns.
Very cool feature....... I use to do it regularly with my Lada Niva...... it had a thing called "Ignition Switch". Most of the time though I didn't need it...... it would just conk out by itself. Most mornings I could shoot for ages before it would start even.
04-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it had a thing called "Ignition Switch".
Sounds like some legacy of the combustion engine... What happens when this switch is enabled?
04-04-2016, 07:51 AM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
Sounds like some legacy of the combustion engine...
Speaking of combustion, didn't some Teslas show a rather alarming tendency to burst into flames a while back?
04-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Weren't those Fisker Karma (delicious irony) sedans? IIRC they gave R&T a test car tha died in the writer's driveway.