Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not sure about dispatched, but Chris at srs posted at 16:45 to say they'd arrived. if they've been dispatched tonight I will be a very happy man tomorrow. If they arrive on Friday, I'd be ok with that as well (I can wait an extra day!)

04-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barso Quote
Dispatched ?
Just logged into my account and it just says Processing! I got a bit over excited.
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Billgscott Quote
Just logged into my account and it just says Processing! I got a bit over excited.
Totally understandable, normally you get an email from ParcelForce to say it's been picked up and it's on it's way, If I remember right.
04-28-2016, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

On a train to srs.... Woohoo!

04-28-2016, 03:10 AM   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
On a train to srs.... Woohoo!
Nice one!

---------- Post added 04-28-2016 at 10:11 AM ----------

Mine in its way now but i didnt go for the overnight option.

Tried to change it but not in time.

Prob Mon / Tues now
04-28-2016, 03:17 AM   #36
Pentaxian

To be fair, I've always used the free delivery from srs, and it's always arrived next day. I suspect next day just means 'really really early in the morning' rather than the afternoon....

---------- Post added 04-28-16 at 11:23 AM ----------

Convieniently I'm on gardening leave at the moment, woke up this morning, and thought I might as well go pick it up. I don't think I'll miss much in today's episode of Jeremy Kyle.
04-28-2016, 05:02 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I checked with SRS yesterday, as WEX were not giving as good a level of feedback re. delivery progress. Mine's now on its way from WEX with 28-105, but no battery grip; looking forward to delivery tomorrow :-)

Just had a call from SRS saying they have a few unallocated, if I was still interested.. ..so if anyone has not pre-ordered and wants to get one now - SRS may be the place to go!!

#impatient
04-28-2016, 05:22 AM   #38

Original Poster
I sent a mail to them last night asking to upgrade.

Then got a delivery mail still on 2 day delivery.

Just got a mail from Nikki at SRS who said ALL K1 deliveries are going out next day to get our new toys with us ASAP.

Thats service!

04-28-2016, 06:09 AM   #39
Pentaxian

I have a k-1 in hand, pics to follow. They look busy in SRS right now. Lots of k-1's with people's names on being packaged into boxes as I write this....
04-28-2016, 06:22 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a k-1 in hand, pics to follow. They look busy in SRS right now. Lots of k-1's with people's names on being packaged into boxes as I write this....
Congratulations!
04-28-2016, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Initial impressions: it's very responsive, feels a lot snappier than my K-3. The viewfinder is really big, and really bright. The camera shows up the weaknesses in my K18 sadly, however the FA limiteds are finally singing to their full potential. I love this camera.
04-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #42
Forum Member

Pics from the limiteds pleeeeeeeeaaaaase!!!!

nt d d d d d d
04-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #43
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Initial impressions: it's very responsive, feels a lot snappier than my K-3. The viewfinder is really big, and really bright. The camera shows up the weaknesses in my K18 sadly, however the FA limiteds are finally singing to their full potential. I love this camera.
Thanks for the first impressions! Sounds very promising! I hope more of you lucky folks who have your K-1 will share their feelings soon!
Can you share how you find the AF with the FA Limiteds? And in general? Thanks!
04-28-2016, 07:07 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KL Matt Quote
nt d d d d d d
Check back in one hour. I'm going to stop off half way home, in a dark pub and upload some RAWs for people to play with. Don't expect any particularly exciting shots though!

---------- Post added 04-28-16 at 03:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Can you share how you find the AF with the FA Limiteds? And in general? Thanks!
The first impression of the focussing is that it's bloody fast, and quieter than my k-3 (possibly because it doesn't spend as long focussing). Tracking seems to be improved, but, I think there will be a distance limit at which it will be usable. I was trying to track some pigeons with the FA77 that were about 50-100cm away from me, and it did a reasonable job, but not quite good enough. If your subject was two of more meters away, then I think it would do just fine.

The only minor quibble, is that the focus points feel a little bit clumped in the center. I don't find that to be too much of a problem if trying to focus on something in the top, bottom, right, or left sides of the frame. But it is a problem if you're aiming for something in the corners of the frame. This wouldn't be a problem with quick shift lenses so much (quick twist, and you're done), but it is something I noticed with the FA limiteds.
04-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check back in one hour. I'm going to stop off half way home, in a dark pub and upload some RAWs for people to play with. Don't expect any particularly exciting shots though!

---------- Post added 04-28-16 at 03:18 PM ----------

The first impression of the focussing is that it's bloody fast, and quieter than my k-3 (possibly because it doesn't spend as long focussing). Tracking seems to be improved, but, I think there will be a distance limit at which it will be usable. I was trying to track some pigeons with the FA77 that were about 50-100cm away from me, and it did a reasonable job, but not quite good enough. If your subject was two of more meters away, then I think it would do just fine.

The only minor quibble, is that the focus points feel a little bit clumped in the center. I don't find that to be too much of a problem if trying to focus on something in the top, bottom, right, or left sides of the frame. But it is a problem if you're aiming for something in the corners of the frame. This wouldn't be a problem with quick shift lenses so much (quick twist, and you're done), but it is something I noticed with the FA limiteds.
Thanks for the helpful feedback!