Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Nordic and Baltic countries delivery on K-1

Delivery in the Nordic countries are week 18. Due to many red days in the calendar that week, I'm shure most stores won't have in before week 19.

If i understood correctly, this is also the case for the baltic countries. (Since they use same office).

This is from Ricoh directly ^^

04-14-2016, 02:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sucks. No spring flowers with the K-1 then...
04-14-2016, 03:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Oh that's shit! Really hoped on April. Wanted to shoot the wedding of some friends but I wanted to have some weeks training and not a new camera and format I don't know to shoot a wedding with. BUT let's make an interpretation: this means this frigging camera is taking off and Ricoh hasn't expected this love from the pentaxian community and new customers :-)
(Implication: sigma will be on board before Christmas hahahaha)
04-14-2016, 04:06 AM   #4
Forum Member

I`ve been told the same - beginning of May at least. (For Baltics). I`d really hope to get hold of it before May 6.

04-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
That sucks. No spring flowers with the K-1 then...
Plenty of spring flowers! I just saw the first one a couple of days ago, then it came 20 cm snow on top.
04-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Plenty of spring flowers! I just saw the first one a couple of days ago, then it came 20 cm snow on top.
Well, I do not intend to drive to Riksgränsen or Svalbard to get my shots

The place I always visit outside Norrköping, will have bloomed out when may comes.
04-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Well, I do not intend to drive to Riksgränsen or Svalbard to get my shots

The place I always visit outside Norrköping, will have bloomed out when may comes.
It will arrive perfectly for spring in Umeå!
04-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
(Implication: sigma will be on board before Christmas hahahaha)
That would be beautiful.

04-15-2016, 06:20 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
kind of sucks, but more time to make some money.
04-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #10
Veteran Member

That is some two weeks later than reported earlier. Not good news.
04-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Talking about Germany... I asked my pre-order shop (AC-Foto.com, 10% discount on the Grip haha) about delivery and told them about the horror stories about May and so forth. anyways she told me they are expecting the first copies for end of next week and most likely mine would be in this delivery... would be cool
04-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Delivery in the Nordic countries are week 18. Due to many red days in the calendar that week, I'm shure most stores won't have in before week 19.

If i understood correctly, this is also the case for the baltic countries. (Since they use same office).

This is from Ricoh directly ^^
I know 'red day' is used in Iceland. We don't use 'red day' in America. Not this American, anyway. Is 'red day' a term used in Nordic countries or is it used in others as well ?
04-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
I know 'red day' is used in Iceland. We don't use 'red day' in America. Not this American, anyway. Is 'red day' a term used in Nordic countries or is it used in others as well ?
In Russia, post Soviet country's.
04-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
Public holiday or bank holiday.
Red day is a term that referes to the way a sunday is portrayed in the calender. The text for sunday is red. So a red day indicates that you have a day of from work as long as you work in non retail or round the clock production.

---------- Post added 04-16-2016 at 07:35 AM ----------

My delivery from cyberphoto just got dumped back to beginning of may instead of end of april. If the k-5 release is an indication how the swedish k-1 release will go its a better guess to say beginning of june.
04-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #15

Ricoh UK reckon first shipments should reach dealers around 25th April. How many of those will be available to buy for someone walking in off the street I have no idea but I suspect few if any because hasn't the entire first allocation now sold out? My guess is that Pentax are about to experience what they experienced with the 645Z when demand considerably exceeded their expectations.

I'm very very impressed so far with the insights on the Pentax K1 dedicated page they have produced relating to its development, ethos and technology. I'm not sure that any manufacturer has ever produced a site like that quite as well.

This is proving to be a very exciting launch indeed... Nikon seem to have bungled every recent launch they have done with quality control and design issues, product recalls and now a D5 that people are claiming doesn't perform well at low ISO so well done Pentax who so far haven't put a foot wrong.

Jonlg