Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have not tried that

06-19-2016, 04:52 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

It will be quite some time before I have fully learned the subtleties of the K-1 with manual lenses, but I bought the camera for that express purpose, and I have the time.
I'm following this thread with interest. As you can see from my signature I have a bag full of old Pentax glass. Not as many as Monochrome but quite a few. Anything special in my collection beyond the K 200/2.5?

I'm counting on you guys to work through the bugs for me.

I'm planning to get a K1 early next year and can't wait to see how the K 200/2.5 performs among others.

With landfills overflowing Pentax should be applauded for keeping their legacy glass viable.

It is the main reason I stayed with Pentax instead of jumping to Canon or Nikon when I went digital.

Tom G
06-19-2016, 05:00 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
I'm following this thread with interest. As you can see from my signature I have a bag full of old Pentax glass. Not as many as Monochrome but quite a few. Anything special in my collection beyond the K 200/2.5?

I'm counting on you guys to work through the bugs for me.

I'm planning to get a K1 early next year and can't wait to see how the K 200/2.5 performs among others.

With landfills overflowing Pentax should be applauded for keeping their legacy glass viable.

It is the main reason I stayed with Pentax instead of jumping to Canon or Nikon when I went digital.

Tom G
OK - I've been called out.
01-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I once compared the 1.8/85mm Takumar SMC + M42>K adapter with the 645-A 2.8/75mm via 645>K adapter on the K-x to see if I could do with the latter lens alone. The Takumar was sligtly sharper, but its exposure over the different apertures was inconsistent (different exposure corrections necessary, often underexposed) while the 645 lens showed up correctly throughout its aperture range, without any EV compensation necessary. All via Av exposure.
I never figured out why, but I do recall reading about the Takumar contacts.