Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2016, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Sydney is where the hip kids hang.
Melbourne is so gold rush.
When trying to describe to foreigners the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry and differences, I often use an analogy of a girlfriend. Sydney I describe as the girl one wants to take out on a Saturday night, all teeth and t@#ts. Melbourne is the refined elegant girl one takes home to meet Mum.

Adelaide is another thing altogether.....

04-22-2016, 03:17 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
When trying to describe to foreigners the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry and differences, I often use an analogy of a girlfriend. Sydney I describe as the girl one wants to take out on a Saturday night, all teeth and t@#ts. Melbourne is the refined elegant girl one takes home to meet Mum.

Adelaide is another thing altogether.....
Adelaide is your mum.
04-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yo mama!
04-22-2016, 05:38 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I'm interested in why the Oz launch is up there
It probably had something to do with the retailer they partnered with (DigiDirect), who are HQ'd in Sydney (and who helped host the K-3 launch in Sydney too, which went well).

DigiDirect probably just made a friendly offer to CRK to help out again with the K-1 launch, and CRK said: great!, lets use the same nice venue as we used for the K-3 party, and set a date.

04-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm always getting emails from Camera Electronic about instore sessions they hold with various manufacturers where you can talk to a rep and try out gear, so I'm hoping they'll do a Pentax one once the K1 is released. I won't be buying one but I'd love to try it out.
04-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #51

Just to update the availability in down under. Camerawarehouse sent an email to me this morning, it said the shipping is delay again and wont receive the camera until 10 May.

I rang CRK and the staff told me the arrival or shipment will be 30April this Saturaday and probably distribute the stock the week after.

Please post here if there is any updated.

April is the longest month for me.
04-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #52
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
Just to update the availability in down under. Camerawarehouse sent an email to me this morning, it said the shipping is delay again and wont receive the camera until 10 May.

I rang CRK and the staff told me the arrival or shipment will be 30April this Saturaday and probably distribute the stock the week after.

Please post here if there is any updated.

April is the longest month for me.
I got the same message - the wait goes on... It's getting so bad I actually went out and took some photos on the weekend!

04-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #53
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote
I got the same message - the wait goes on... It's getting so bad I actually went out and took some photos on the weekend!
Well you're not going to like reading this quote from Photo Rumors:

Before that Sony already announced impairment of long-lived assets related to camera modules. The 2016 Kumamoto earthquake impacted mainly the image sensor manufacturing:
Operations at Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation's Kumamoto Technology Center (located in Kikuchi Gun, Kumamoto Prefecture), which primarily manufactures image sensors for digital cameras and security cameras as well as micro-display devices, were halted after the earthquake on April 14, and currently remain suspended. Damage to the site's building and manufacturing lines is currently being evaluated, and with aftershocks continuing, the timeframe for resuming operations has yet to be determined.
Those with a pre-order may have made an excellent choice. So if that's you, you can at least be glad you made that decision, or more importantly, not one of the poor locals caught up in the earthquake.
04-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, let's hope there was adequate stock of these sensors with Sony or Ricoh, so that the Pentax manufacturing supply chain won't be impacted significantly.
04-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
Just to update the availability in down under. Camerawarehouse sent an email to me this morning, it said the shipping is delay again and wont receive the camera until 10 May. I rang CRK and the staff told me the arrival or shipment will be 30April this Saturaday and probably distribute the stock the week after. Please post here if there is any updated.
The information I have recieved, from an extremely reliable source, is that the current shipment from Ricoh is due to be released from customs in Port Melbourne on the 28th April and will be stocked in CRK's inventory by Saturday 30th.
The only delay to deliveries is the deal CRK has struck with DigiDirect not to ship before their launch party on 10th May in Sydney.

Glenn
04-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
The only delay to deliveries is the deal CRK has struck with DigiDirect not to ship before their launch party on 10th May in Sydney.

Glenn
Just to make sure I've understood correctly, will all deliveries be delayed until 10th May or only those to DigiDirect?
04-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #57

Thanks, does it mean NSW has to wait until the launch party with digidirect? That is not fair

---------- Post added 04-25-2016 at 11:31 PM ----------

If someone preorder thru digidirect, will they get it faster?
04-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #58

Photos: Albums

Glenn
I very much doubt if that is the case.
I received my K3 pre order 10 days before the official launch in Sydney

Peter
04-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Just to make sure I've understood correctly, will all deliveries be delayed until 10th May or only those to DigiDirect?
I have been told that all deliveries will be delayed until 10th May even though the stock will be available to ship.
The launch party will mark the start of shipping,they didn't want the launch to be lessened by an early release of the cameras.

Glenn
04-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #60
Veteran Member

...they didn't want the launch to be lessened by an early release of the cameras.
Gee, I hope that's not true. I reckon having the launch 12 days after the rest of the world kinda lessens the impact anyway...