Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 12:04 AM   #61

I hope it is not true too, but the marketing is more important. It is make sense to hold up the shipment before the launch event

04-26-2016, 01:03 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
I have been told that all deliveries will be delayed until 10th May even though the stock will be available to ship.
The launch party will mark the start of shipping,they didn't want the launch to be lessened by an early release of the cameras.

Glenn
So I fly to Fiji without my K-1 on the 20th (photographing Nephews wedding) because it's intentionally delayed a week for a marketing event only available to a select few ....... mmmm ...... I'll most likely cancel my order based on this.

We have waited and stood by Ricoh for over a year, and the distributer in Australia says "so what, you can wait a bit longer"....

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-26-2016 at 01:18 AM.
04-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #63
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
So I fly to Fiji without my K-1 on the 20th (photographing Nephews wedding) because it's intentionally delayed a week for a marketing event only available to a select few ....... mmmm ...... I'll most likely cancel my order based on this.

We have waited and stood by Ricoh for over a year, and the distributer in Australia says "so what, you can wait a bit longer"....
Yep, I hear ya. I'm flying out to Japan on the 16th and I might be cancelling my pre-order based on this too. I really wanted to have it for the trip but if I can't I'm happy to wait for it.
04-26-2016, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I almost can't believe what I'm reading! ☺

04-26-2016, 04:26 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I almost can't believe what I'm reading! ☺
Performance anxiety, or pre-nuptial disappointment? All because of one rumour about one dealer…

Until it's confirmed by those concerned, it's still a rumour.
04-26-2016, 04:35 AM   #66
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You can borrow mine for the Fiji trip Noel
04-26-2016, 04:36 AM   #67
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
What's the name of this place Ron? I've thrown my hat in the ring to attend and will be interested in alternatives to driving back to Newcastle after the event.
The Mercantile. The Mercantile Hotel - Australian's Longest Running Irish Pub - The Rocks Sydney
04-26-2016, 05:06 AM   #68
Tas
Site Supporter

Cheers Ron, I've scoped a couple of other options nearby but this seems a good option to consider too.

Ta for passing that on.

Tas

04-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You can borrow mine for the Fiji trip Noel
I think they're doing it to sabotage the Goolwa launch on the 14th................

(Anna could pick one up for me for $2400 when she's in New York)
04-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Is it worth me picking up one in the US when I'm there next month? Would warranty be honoured back in Australia?
04-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #71
Site Supporter

(Anna could pick one up for me for $2400 when she's in New York)

AU$2320 by my calcs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Is it worth me picking up one in the US when I'm there next month? Would warranty be honoured back in Australia?

As far as I'm aware the warranty won't be honoured. Depends if it's worth the approx. $480 savings.
04-26-2016, 10:34 PM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
As far as I'm aware the warranty won't be honoured. Depends if it's worth the approx. $480 savings.
Even allowing for a return postage of $100 (probably more like $60), that's nearly 5 returns under warranty. You'd have to think it'd be worth the risk at that saving.

However, have you taken all the costs into account? There'll be GST to pay when you bring it into the country (I assume ). That alone will halve the saving.
04-26-2016, 11:46 PM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Even allowing for a return postage of $100 (probably more like $60), that's nearly 5 returns under warranty. You'd have to think it'd be worth the risk at that saving.

However, have you taken all the costs into account? There'll be GST to pay when you bring it into the country (I assume ). That alone will halve the saving.
If travelling as a couple you allowed to combine your $1,000 allownce ....... so $2k is ok...... most I would suggest just don't take a camera body out with them , toss the new box it came in (or post it empty back to ones self).... use it to take your holiday shots and bring it back in the camera bag.
04-27-2016, 03:05 AM   #74
Pentaxian

If travelling as a couple you allowed to combine your $1,000 allownce ....... so $2k is ok...... most I would suggest just don't take a camera body out with them , toss the new box it came in (or post it empty back to ones self).... use it to take your holiday shots and bring it back in the camera bag.
Yes, I understand that people may do that. Personally, it'd be extraordinary to travel with my wife when she didn't spend her entitlement on herself, and I wouldn't dream of even asking her to do otherwise. Call me a pessimist, but I'd imagine that'd be more usually the case than otherwise.

Actually, for general goods (including cameras), the allowance is $900 per person if you're over 18, $450 under 18. I do wonder how closely they'll be monitoring this in the lead up to the July 2017 abolition of the $1,000 threshold on GST for goods purchased overse.
04-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #75

I've ordered one through Digital Camera Warehouse at $2,799 plus ordered also D-FA 24-70, f2.8, FA 50mm, f1.4, D-BG 6 battery grip and few batteries, 36 FGZ II flash and Pentax remote shutter release. I was with Pentax before and had a K-IIs and K-3 II but departed with all my Pentax gear and went with Sony a7 and Fuji K-pro 1. When K1 was released I read about it and decided to go back to Pentax. Missed it all this time. It is the best built camera and one you just love holding in your hands. So I sold all of my Sony / Fuji gear, managed to get enough for all of the Pentax items above and now can't wait for the 10th. May. (Hopefully there won't be any more delays).
No more jumping from one brand to another. K1 looks like a real deal.
So I won't be at the launch but will be eagerly waiting for the e-mail from Digital Camera Warehouse .

Last edited by zeljko_pentax; 04-27-2016 at 04:41 AM.