Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #76

I just cancelled my order with CRK, they say the K1 will arrive in Melbourne on the 10th of May, I am guessing that they don't want to send out the K1 before the launch.

I am also curious why CRK are $101.00 more expensive than Digidirect! CRK are the importers. Does this mean I can go to the launch, party at their expense and buy the K1 cheaper? I would have though CRK would have at least matched the price.

I am looking forward to reading the feedback on the K1

Cheers

Last edited by Gypsymojo; 04-28-2016 at 08:00 PM.
04-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gypsymojo Quote
I am also curious why CRK are $101.00 more expensive than Digidirect! CRK are the importers. Does this mean I can go to the launch, party at their expense and buy the K1 cheaper? I would have though CRK would have at least matched the price.
No-one here knows for certain, but the accepted wisdom seems to be that CRK are encouraging local retailers to stock the K-1, which is a better strategy to promote the brand (ie, get it out there in front of the public, so they know it exists and can see and handle it for themselves).
04-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #78

Now I think I will wait until it is in store at DCW then go and have a play, and put the $100 I save toward a new lens.

Cheers
04-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gypsymojo Quote

I am also curious why CRK are $101.00 more expensive than Digidirect! CRK are the importers ...

A no-no, Gypsymojo.

The moment you allow that to happen, you set the importer up as a rival to the retailers.

04-30-2016, 02:41 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
A no-no, Gypsymojo.

The moment you allow that to happen, you set the importer up as a rival to the retailers.
Yes, I agree that would be a problem, I guess the lesson here is, don't buy from the importer. I think I might try and wait to see how the new K 1 performs, I say try because it will be hard to stop myself going down to DCW to get one.

Cheers Marcel
05-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
The only delay to deliveries is the deal CRK has struck with DigiDirect not to ship before their launch party on 10th May in Sydney.

Glenn
I very much doubt if that is the case.
I received my K3 pre order 10 days before the official launch in Sydney.

When all of the doubters and CRK knockers were complaining about a possible delay in deliveries I posted the above message in the Pentax Australia K1 Launch thread.

It seems I am vindicated
05-02-2016, 11:32 PM   #82
Veteran Member

For those planning to attend the launch party in Sydney, some nice bonuses will be there for you:

QuoteQuote:
Be a part of history as we unveil the much anticipated

PENTAX K-1

Limited stock will be made available from the first Australian shipment on the night
with a special ONA leather neck strap.
(A $185 value FREE with PENTAX K-1 purchase - available only to attendees of this event)

Don't miss out, register NOW!

with special guest dignitary
Mr. Noboru Akahane, President of Ricoh Imaging Company Ltd in attendance.
PLUS the big Pentax boss himself will be there.

Be on your best behaviour, attendees.

Pentax K-1 launch Sydney

05-03-2016, 03:23 AM   #83
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would love to be at the launch.... just not enough to travel interstate. Money better spent on paying for the K-1.
05-03-2016, 03:49 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pqberger Quote
Would love to be at the launch.... just not enough to travel interstate.
Even though I am in NSW, Sydney is so far away it may as well be interstate.
05-04-2016, 05:07 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I was a bit remiss in booking a room early at the Mercantile - I missed out on the cheaper rooms. I did get a room at a higher price. I also received a call from Malcolm from CRK to confirm my attendance.
05-04-2016, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #86
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I was a bit remiss in booking a room early at the Mercantile - I missed out on the cheaper rooms. I did get a room at a higher price. I also received a call from Malcolm from CRK to confirm my attendance.
The President of Ricoh Imaging must have grabbed that cheap room before you, P38arover!

05-04-2016, 05:34 AM   #87

Same thing happens in the USA. Company X has product launch and it's always far away (I live in Miami, FL and the one thing that happened here, a Sony product launch, did not include any locals other than Brian Smith)

05-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #88
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by etrigan63 Quote
Same thing happens in the USA. Company X has product launch and it's always far away (I live in Miami, FL and the one thing that happened here, a Sony product launch, did not include any locals other than Brian Smith)
Worth it to hear from a Pulitzer Prize winner!

05-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #89
Site Supporter

K-1s have hit stores here in Brisbane as I picked mine up from Ted's yesterday at lunch time. They ordered 4 and 3 were promptly pre-ordered. Maybe they'll at least have a shelf for some Pentax gear soon. Can't actually go into a store and hold something in your hand before you decide to buy. If we want them in stores we have to purchase in stores rather than going back to CRK. Why would a store want to carry them if buyers go to the distributor?
05-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #90
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pqberger Quote
K-1s have hit stores here in Brisbane as I picked mine up from Ted's yesterday at lunch time. They ordered 4 and 3 were promptly pre-ordered. Maybe they'll at least have a shelf for some Pentax gear soon. Can't actually go into a store and hold something in your hand before you decide to buy. If we want them in stores we have to purchase in stores rather than going back to CRK. Why would a store want to carry them if buyers go to the distributor?
What did they charge you? I notice Teds' price on-line went up by $50 since last I looked.