Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2016, 06:25 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Make Sigma 70-100 HSM Macro II compatible.
Absolutely, very disappointed when I attempted to shoot my lens with the K-1 yesterday.

04-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ahem, e-dial controlling minimum shutter speed in Av mode.
04-30-2016, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

Add an open pragramming interface ti teh firmware, like Magic lanterb
Add an simple Remote Mode ti the camera ans apps. to use the remote app as the elektrical remote plug in tha camera to support all Modes of shooting. Not only single picture Modes.
04-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #64

K/M lens stop-down metering on shutter half-press

This will be the third time I have mentioned this idea in the forums, but this seems like the right place for it.

The idea is my take on the general idea of K/M lens stop-down metering on shutter half-press. Since I first posted it, I am wondering if it might be better named "Stop-down Metering Priority" (SMv)? It seems like a more descriptive name of what it actually does. The detailed description is as follows:
QuoteQuote:
Firmware update for K-1 to add a new option to the "Using Aperture Ring" custom function and add the "Manual Aperture Priority" (MAv) exposure mode

1. A third option would be added to the "Using Aperture Ring" custom function called "Permitted with MAv"

2. When this option is selected and the lens aperture ring is not in the A position (or has no A position), the Av exposure mode that replaces the green, P, Sv, Av, Tv, and TAv modes is itself replaced by the new MAv exposure mode.

3. The MAv exposure mode is not available under any other conditions than above.

4. The exposure modes M, B, X, and User modes are not affected by this new option.

5. The MAv exposure mode will function as follows:
5.1 Aperture is set on the lens and the lens is stopped-down for exposures.
5.2 Shutter speed is set via stop-down metering that occurs on the half-press of the shutter release button or pressing the green button.
5.3 Stop-down metering that occurs on the half-press of the shutter release is only at the beginning of the half-press. Holding the shutter half-press will not give further meter readings. The shutter release must be half-pressed again (or green button pressed) to get new meter readings.
5.4 Shutter speed is not manually changeable.
5.5 Stop-down metering takes precedence over AF evaluation, but focus checking via AF is still available. (No K/M lenses or extenders/adapters have AF.)
5.6 Shutter release takes precedence over stop-down metering. That is, if the metering is not complete, the shutter will still release.
5.7 The shutter speed value persists between metering (like M mode).
5.8 Sensitivity (ISO) is set manually.
5.9 Exposure compensation is available and is applied to the value obtained from stop-down metering.
5.10 Depth-of-field preview is available and previews the aperture set on the lens.
5.11 AE-lock is available and prevents the stop-down metering from occurring while the lock is active.

04-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PeteL Quote
... would be to have use of the smart wheel when the info screen is off. ...
It is not possible to use the smart wheel without the LCD illuminating ?

I suppose it would be useful for some uses, but I hope the LCD will not illuminate if I use the wheel to adjust ISO. Right now, I use the rear LCD only to toggle SR on/off with INFO button... well, I use it to review images, of course.
04-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #66
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that some of the info is displayed in the viewfinder, It would just be nice if the information could be displayed on the screen briefly when making adjustments. I use most of the parameter changes and find the tiles on the info screen more convenient. I just prefer not to have it display once the changes are made. The good thing is that the camera can be customised to cater for most people`s taste.
You mean in a manner similar to mode changes on the K-3? On that camera, the new mode is displayed for a short time in the rear LCD even when the rear display is turned off.

Steve
05-02-2016, 10:52 PM   #67

Photos: Gallery
Zoom on focus point. If it's there I can't find it.

05-03-2016, 03:33 AM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You mean in a manner similar to mode changes on the K-3? On that camera, the new mode is displayed for a short time in the rear LCD even when the rear display is turned off.

Steve
Actually I have a similar problem with the K3 with the info screen switched off.
What I would like on the K1 is to use the camera without the info screen being illuminated continually as I find it distracting. I would prefer to turn the top dial to change a setting then that could be shown on the screen until I have finished making the changes then turn the screen off again. With the K1 and K3 I would also like to press the AF Mode button to make the necessary changes then press again to turn off the screen.
05-03-2016, 03:55 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Actually I have a similar problem with the K3 with the info screen switched off.
What I would like on the K1 is to use the camera without the info screen being illuminated continually as I find it distracting.
press 'info', then press 'info' again, and select 'no display'. taa daa!
05-03-2016, 04:04 AM   #70
Veteran Member

What I would like on the K1 is to use the camera without the info screen being illuminated continually as I find it distracting. I would prefer to turn the top dial to change a setting then that could be shown on the screen until I have finished making the changes then turn the screen off again. With the K1 and K3 I would also like to press the AF Mode button to make the necessary changes then press again to turn off the screen.
I hardly ever have the Info Control Panel illuminated. I find it easy to manage without this for what I do. (Nor do I use instant reviews).
I agree with the idea of the camera temporarily showing the results of changing a knob-setting, similar to the way it does when changing the Mode dial.

QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
press 'info', then press 'info' again, and select 'no display'. taa daa!
Or just press Menu.
05-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I hardly ever have the Info Control Panel illuminated. I find it easy to manage without this for what I do. (Nor do I use instant reviews).
I agree with the idea of the camera temporarily showing the results of changing a knob-setting, similar to the way it does when changing the Mode dial.

Or just press Menu.
That`s the way many people that I know use their camera.
I did try to live with the screen on, Just to make life easier for myself! But I could not tolerate it for more than a few hours!
With the K3 I could access most things by pressing the Info button, The K1 has some items on the menu and others on the info buttons.
One other thing that I noticed last night is the level indicators in the viewfinder are superb for daylight, But not visible in low light! The K3`s are illuminated which make them more suited to levelling the camera in poor light. I had to resort to using the digital level each time I repositioned the K1.
05-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Looks like there wont be long until the first FW update comes. Sometime in May.
05-04-2016, 03:05 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
There is already an update for the Digital Camera Utility 5 available to support the new lenses and correct a couple of glitches in the Silkyipix software.
05-04-2016, 03:22 AM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote

Would you be so kind to forward the concerns expressed by not so few forum members about the problems between the K-1 and the Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM II?
05-04-2016, 03:30 AM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
Would you be so kind to forward the concerns expressed by not so few forum members about the problems between the K-1 and the Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM II?
Yes please Kenspo!!
I'm trying not to spend any more on glass right now.