Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
OK, I didn't notice and I can see the irony but not sure it matters to the point, but OK.

100% agree. The issue with the lens is IMHO a Sigma problem, but having the camera lock up for ANY reason is a Pentax problem. Failing gracefully is the desired result. The camera should either display an error message or act as if there is no lens attached, it should not lock up.

Hopefully Sigma will address their issue and Pentax will address their issue and we can move on to enjoying this wonderful camera.
I visited my local camera shop this morning to buy a new pentax neoprene camera strap and D-BG-6. and I happened to mention to the assistant about the issue regarding the Sigma lens. He was quite assured that Sigma would upgrade the chip free of charge. I hope that gives some encouragement.

Regards - PeteL

05-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cthulhugan Quote
I think there is a Pentax issue here -- the camera shouldn't freeze, even with an incompatible lens mounted. It isn't Pentax's job to make the Sigma lens work, but they shouldn't let it crash the camera.
And I never said Pentax should make them work . I said exactly the contrary in my message to depbluish. If any of my lenses was not working properly, I would call Tamron or Sigma.
05-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #108

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
And I never said Pentax should make them work . I said exactly the contrary in my message to depbluish. If any of my lenses was not working properly, I would call Tamron or Sigma.
I wasn't citing anyone in particular, but commenting on the thread in general. I wasn't clear on that, sorry if it looked like I was responding to you specifically.
05-07-2016, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #109
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They should make it possible to leave bracketing while in the BKT position on settings dial. Currently you either have to go in to the drive mode menu to clear bracketing, or switch the settings dial to CH/CL and cycle the e-dial.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #110

As an occasional Macro shooter, I would love a focus bracket function... just a few lines of code to work for an AF lens. Very similar to what Magic Lantern does.
05-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #111

HDMI output work with Atomos

Make the HDMI output work with Atomos Ninja recorder, and with a 1080P output in RAW HD.
05-09-2016, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't read all the comments here so I may be resuggesting something...

When you're zoomed into an image on playback mode, you cannot move around the image diagonally. Diagonal motion is possible on previous Pentax DSLRs. I assume this was a mistake especially considering that diagonal moving of focus points within the viewfinder is possible.

05-09-2016, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #113
Pentaxian

Firmware Update for Grip Configuration

The majority of users voted against the current D-BG6 battery grip button layout.

The K-1 should receive a firmware upgrade that allows a button remapping that allows the "B" configuration, detailed in the above referenced thread/poll.

The K-1 already supports a lot of button customisation and I don't see the harm in allowing users to make an improvement to the ergonomics of the D-BG6, from their point of view.

I remain convinced that the current D-BG6 is a "hardware bug" that should never have seen the light of the day, but since a "Mk II" version of the grip is most unlikely to ever appear, a "soft" repair option should be made available.
05-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is no flash white balance setting for studio strobes...
The studio flash doesn't fire in pixel shift...
05-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Maybe it's possible now, but I'd like to be able to change the Wifi password. So far I'm finding the Android remote app quite good.
05-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Maybe it's possible now, but I'd like to be able to change the Wifi password. So far I'm finding the Android remote app quite good.
You can change the wifi SSID and password using the Andriod App. It's in the settings.
05-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Fx Button - more options

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I haven't read all the comments here so I may be resuggesting something...
I think I posted in here somewhere but I don't recall.. so I might be re-suggesting something...

Please expand options available to the Fx buttons
Drive Mode would be very nice... or bracketing. Either one.

I will admit the option for the focus point selector toggle to be momentary so drive mode can be selected and then the 4-way controller goes right back to focus point select is nice.. so using the items on the 4-way controller is not really inconvenient but would still like options for Fx1 to be expanded :^)
05-15-2016, 01:48 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
You can change the wifi SSID and password using the Andriod App. It's in the settings.
Diamond! Thanks!
05-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Possibility to change folder format on sd card from ddmm to mmdd as it was on K3, K5, K20D

or better lets take the whole date YYYYMMDD
see next 2 messages

Last edited by joergens.mi; 05-18-2016 at 05:45 AM.
05-17-2016, 10:48 PM   #120
Krg

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
Possibility to change folder format on sd card from ddmm to mmdd as it was on K3, K5, K20D

or better lets take the whole date YYYYMMDD
You can get the MMDD format, it follows the format of the date.
Just set the time format YY / MM / DD, and then change the format of the file, it will pass in MMDD.
You can then return to the original setting of the date.