Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels
Posts: 47
K1 arrived in Belgium

Just called the shop, they are just unpacking my K1. Going to pick it up later in the afternoon! Cannot wait!!!!

04-28-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
Just called the shop, they are just unpacking my K1. Going to pick it up later in the afternoon! Cannot wait!!!!
congratulations

We will wait for the pictures made with new camera. Could you post it here in high ISO (3200-102400) or share a link to raw files?
04-28-2016, 03:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian
wizofoz's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, Outer east.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,655
Not fair! Where's mine?

congrats. you get to do the first testing
04-28-2016, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Photos: Albums
Posts: 844
Nicely! On my way to pick up mine as well

---------- Post added 04-28-16 at 11:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
congratulations

We will wait for the pictures made with new camera. Could you post it here in high ISO (3200-102400) or share a link to raw files?
I will post a few high ISO raw's in a pub stop on the way home. Brought the FA31, FA77, and K18 with me to try out.

04-28-2016, 04:58 AM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brussels
Posts: 12
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
Just called the shop, they are just unpacking my K1. Going to pick it up later in the afternoon! Cannot wait!!!!
What's your shop? I have ordered a K-1 @ Photogalerie in Brussels and I'm counting the days...
04-28-2016, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #6
ksm
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels
Posts: 47
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loeffpr Quote
What's your shop? I have ordered a K-1 @ Photogalerie in Brussels and I'm counting the days...
Campion. I preordered in March I guess... can't remember... too happy right now
04-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 421
My K-1 has arrived too....just got to pick it up on Saturday!
04-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #8
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 51
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
Just called the shop, they are just unpacking my K1. Going to pick it up later in the afternoon! Cannot wait!!!!
Pentax K-1 arrived in Greece also. Available at Galaios photoshop in Athens!

04-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #9
ksm
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels
Posts: 47
Original Poster
first test photos with K1, no postprocessing

100percent crop
Pentax K1 + Pentax SMC A 50/1.2
at f10 ISO 64000

100percent 8000ISO
Pentax K1 + Pentax SMC A 50/1.2
at f22 ISO 8000

100percent crop
Pentax K1 + Pentax 15-30/2.8 at 15mm f6.3 ISO 100

Pentax K1 + Pentax 15-30/2.8 at 15mm f6.3 ISO 100
04-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Photos: Albums
Posts: 844
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
first test photos with K1, no postprocessing

100percent crop
Pentax K1 + Pentax SMC A 50/1.2
at f10 ISO 64000

100percent 8000ISO
Pentax K1 + Pentax SMC A 50/1.2
at f22 ISO 8000

100percent crop
Pentax K1 + Pentax 15-30/2.8 at 15mm f6.3 ISO 100

Pentax K1 + Pentax 15-30/2.8 at 15mm f6.3 ISO 100
Oh now stop!

I've just spunked a load of money up on the K-1, and now you have to go show me pictures of the 15-30!

Couldn't you have started off with an M50 f2 or something?
04-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #11
ksm
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels
Posts: 47
Original Poster
😃 Sorry, well... not that sorry. 15-30 is a beautiful lens, veeeeery sharp wide open (for the moment I checked only the center of the image, but OMG!!!) but a bit bigger than I imagined, though it enters in my bag without any problem. love it already.
I haven't tried all my lenses yet, but what is disappointing I cannot mount my Helios 40, the 85/1.5 portrait lens. The base of the lens is too large and collides with the camera body under the "what-would-be-oncamera-flash". Pity, will have put that lens on diet 😅...
04-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Photos: Albums
Posts: 844
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
😃 Sorry, well... not that sorry. 15-30 is a beautiful lens, veeeeery sharp wide open (for the moment I checked only the center of the image, but OMG!!!) but a bit bigger than I imagined, though it enters in my bag without any problem. love it already.
I haven't tried all my lenses yet, but what is disappointing I cannot mount my Helios 40, the 85/1.5 portrait lens. The base of the lens is too large and collides with the camera body under the "what-would-be-oncamera-flash". Pity, will have put that lens on diet 😅...
haha! well, I noticed you taking some pictures with the FA43. That's one lens that really surprised me on the K-1. Simply stunning! I was hoping the K18 would be able to stave off my lust for the 15-30. It hasn't, but it will have to do for now (I've got about 30 lenses, and need to get that down to 5 or 6 in the next 4 weeks, it's not going to be easy!). The DFA 100 WR has really impressed me though. Its gone from being a nightmare macro hunty lens of doom, and transformed itself into something amazing. That, the DA*300, and the FA43, might well have become my new favourite 3 lens kit.

---------- Post added 04-29-16 at 12:05 AM ----------

Some raw files here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=134AB9579492627D!697&authkey=!ANYHZcav...hint=folder%2c (including some high iso pints in a zip)
04-28-2016, 09:42 PM   #13
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
haha! well, I noticed you taking some pictures with the FA43. That's one lens that really surprised me on the K-1. Simply stunning! I was hoping the K18 would be able to stave off my lust for the 15-30. It hasn't, but it will have to do for now (I've got about 30 lenses, and need to get that down to 5 or 6 in the next 4 weeks, it's not going to be easy!). The DFA 100 WR has really impressed me though. Its gone from being a nightmare macro hunty lens of doom, and transformed itself into something amazing. That, the DA*300, and the FA43, might well have become my new favourite 3 lens kit.

---------- Post added 04-29-16 at 12:05 AM ----------

Some raw files here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=134AB9579492627D!697&authkey=!ANYHZcav...hint=folder%2c (including some high iso pints in a zip)
What version of Helios 40 do you have? Old or new (40-2)? I cheched today my 40-2 on K-5II. It seems that no problems would occur mounting it on K-1 according to dimensions of the back. But problems will actually occur with the Sigma art 18-35 if you will try to mount this crop lens on K-1.
Will see...
04-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #14
ksm
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels
Posts: 47
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
haha! well, I noticed you taking some pictures with the FA43. That's one lens that really surprised me on the K-1. Simply stunning! I was hoping the K18 would be able to stave off my lust for the 15-30. It hasn't, but it will have to do for now (I've got about 30 lenses, and need to get that down to 5 or 6 in the next 4 weeks, it's not going to be easy!). The DFA 100 WR has really impressed me though. Its gone from being a nightmare macro hunty lens of doom, and transformed itself into something amazing. That, the DA*300, and the FA43, might well have become my new favourite 3 lens kit.

---------- Post added 04-29-16 at 12:05 AM ----------

Some raw files here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=134AB9579492627D!697&authkey=!ANYHZcav...hint=folder%2c (including some high iso pints in a zip)
43 I haven't tried yet, I expect it to perform well. It did great on film. Yes, the nightmare macro hunty lens of doom exactly my feelings. Glad you say it is great on K1. Have to try it too. It is a great lens, very sharp with nice bokeh.
And congrats to K1! 😄

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2016 at 07:42 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
What version of Helios 40 do you have? Old or new (40-2)? I cheched today my 40-2 on K-5II. It seems that no problems would occur mounting it on K-1 according to dimensions of the back. But problems will actually occur with the Sigma art 18-35 if you will try to mount this crop lens on K-1.
Will see...
I have the newer version 2. When I tried to mount it on K 1 I thought the K1 won't take the ring, then I tried to mount other lenses with rings without any problem. And there I noticed Helios 40-2 is just too fat at the bottom it misses only like half of mm to be mouted.
I don't know about sigma, I don't own that lens. Hopefully you'll find some solution that would work for you.
04-29-2016, 12:29 AM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
North of the border no news yet .
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, fa43, full frame, full-frame, helios, iso, k-1, k1, lens, lenses, nightmare, pentax k-1, post, sigma, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1 in infrared and ultraviolet TwoUptons Pentax K-1 9 07-24-2017 09:42 AM
To K1 or not K1 - that is the question? interested_observer Pentax K-1 78 07-15-2017 03:58 PM
Hands on with K1 in Athens gkey Pentax K-1 13 04-15-2016 11:50 AM
K1 already in stock in Denmark? VoiceOfReason Pentax K-1 25 03-16-2016 03:22 AM
What is 4k video in K1? gmans Pentax K-1 9 02-17-2016 07:23 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top