Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 and v6.5.1 support K-1

K-1 support came quickly.

Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 and Lightroom 6.5.1 are now available.

QuoteQuote:
Bugs Fixed in Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 / 6.5.1
  • Droplets not working as export actions
  • Issues with incorrect folder permissions. Please see instructions to help correct user permissions issues.
  • EXIF lens name not visible for some camera models. Please see instructions to reparse the Lens metadata after installing the update.
  • Focus lost in the keyword panel when navigating to the next image
  • Error when merging to HDR or Panorama from a collapsed stack
  • Removed dependencies on QuickTime for some video codecs on Windows.

New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 / 6.5.1

Pentax K-1
Sony DSC-RX10M3

Installation Instructions

Please select Help > Updates to install the update.

Direct download links: Win | Mac

04-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the heads up, updating LR6 as I type.
04-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good to see the K1 fully supported so quickly. It has made a splash in the press, and Adobe has noticed!

However, I was disappointed by this update. I have been waiting for some time for LR/ACR to fully recognise the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art on my K3. It has and finds the lens profile, but lists the lens as just "35mm" or "Unknown lens" in metadata. This is a bit annoying when doing lens-based searches. The bug fixes for the ACR 9.5.1 include "EXIF lens name not visible for some camera models", so I had hopes that this would be fixed. Unfortunately not.

Bugs Fixed in Camera Raw 9.5.1
  • EXIF lens name not visible for some camera models.
  • Camera Raw would not launch under Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8.
  • Errors when using Camera Raw to tone HDR images from Photoshop. This occurred when converting 32-bit files to 16 or 8-bit files.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 9.5.1
  • Pentax K-1
  • Sony DSC-RX10M3
04-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pretty sure the camera manufacturer has to supply information to Adobe.

It means Ricoh got this rollout right. You can't roll out a product like this and not have Lightroom support from Day 1.

04-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Wow! That was fast!

Steve
04-29-2016, 12:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
It means Ricoh got this rollout right. You can't roll out a product like this and not have Lightroom support from Day 1.
True. It helps K-1 users, and it also helps the review sites (like dpreview and others) who use ACR/Lightroom a lot in doing their evaluations. Which will probably help speed up the arrival of K-1 reviews.

Its a pity that Ricoh didn't have their Lightroom tethering plug-in for the K-1 ready for the v6.5.1 Lightoom release, but 31 May isn't too long to wait.
04-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #7
Pentaxian

What about LR5?
04-29-2016, 04:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
What about LR5?
It's history. It will still open K-1 DNG's, naturally. Just not be as optimised for the K-1 as v6, and also probably not be able to work with K-1 Pixel Shift images, have the latest Pentax lens profiles etc. Also won't support tethering, I bet.

Lightroom v6 is a good upgrade over v5 (CC or standalone). Worthwhile, IMHO.

04-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #9

Pixel shifting RAW development is also not available in Lightroom 6.5.1 either. Not sure about CC version though.
04-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I admit this confuses me. I have LR6 working pretty well and always read horror stories of people updating it and it becomes slower or buggy or whatever. So, I am wondering what exactly this "support for K-1" gets me that I don't currently have with LR6? I shoot DNG, and have already downloaded some K-1 RAW files and am able to process them.

Thanks for any additional info you experts can provide!
04-29-2016, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #11
Tas
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I admit this confuses me. I have LR6 working pretty well and always read horror stories of people updating it and it becomes slower or buggy or whatever. So, I am wondering what exactly this "support for K-1" gets me that I don't currently have with LR6? I shoot DNG, and have already downloaded some K-1 RAW files and am able to process them.

Thanks for any additional info you experts can provide!
I'm no expert Lori, and I haven't tested all the update features but this update hasn't changed anything so far from what I normally use in LR.

Basically I updated, turned it on and just kept working like nothing had changed. I can't tell you any specifics, however the Adobe webpage implies that the K1 DNG and PEF file formats will be recognised by LR6. Here's the link to the page for supported cameras: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html and here's the link that talks about supported file formats: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/supported-file-formats.html

If it interests you, you can have a read of that stuff whilst you wait for an expert to chime in.

Tas
04-29-2016, 03:32 PM   #12
Site Supporter

Thank you, Tas. I will do that!