Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2016, 05:06 AM   #241
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
It says it does, but I can't get pics without star trails, even 30 seconds or less.
Are you using wide or tele? Do you get calibration confirmation or do you just feel it does not take?

There are many guides on the old O-GPS1 and K1 works the same. There are limitations depending on locale, direction and inclination. I live in south of Sweden and shooting south is sometimes problematic.

06-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #242
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Are you using wide or tele? Do you get calibration confirmation or do you just feel it does not take?

There are many guides on the old O-GPS1 and K1 works the same. There are limitations depending on locale, direction and inclination. I live in south of Sweden and shooting south is sometimes problematic.
I get it even going wide. It says that it is calibrated, but then it gives star trails. With OGPS-1 on the K3 it works most of the time.
06-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #243
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I get it even going wide. It says that it is calibrated, but then it gives star trails. With OGPS-1 on the K3 it works most of the time.
That does not sound good. Can't test until august since it is to bright here during summer.
06-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #244

Using Image Sync with K1 required 2 SD cards

Using Image Sync with K1 required 2 SD cards in order to take a picture. If only one memory card is in either slot it throws an error saying a memory card must be inserted.

06-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #245
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by AwesomeIan Quote
Using Image Sync with K1 required 2 SD cards in order to take a picture. If only one memory card is in either slot it throws an error saying a memory card must be inserted.
Do you have fw 1.10? I do and I use SanDisk 32gb 95MB/s. Works with one card in either slot.
06-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #246

Do you have fw 1.10? I do and I use SanDisk 32gb 95MB/s. Works with one card in either slot.
Not yet. Have had the camera for a week and when I looked at the firmware I believe it said 1.00. Can't be sure since I am at work. Is it tough to update the firmware?
06-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #247
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Not yet. Have had the camera for a week and when I looked at the firmware I believe it said 1.00. Can't be sure since I am at work. Is it tough to update the firmware?
It's trivial. See:

Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.10 Released - Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #248

The K3 does this as well. However it will still write to the single card.

In fact both also tell you WHICH card is missing. The "slash" in the warning goes through a number (1 or 2) that represents which card is MIA.

Edit: never mind...I see you mean with the App? Haven't tried that yet.
06-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #249
Unregistered User

One thing that bugs me is that if I am in LV and turn off all info and then leave LV to use the OVF the back LCD, that I always have turned off suddenly is turned on. If I then turn it off and go into LV the info that I just had turned off is turned on again... Weird...
06-30-2016, 05:05 PM   #250
Unregistered User

When in LV and the extra dial set to exposure comp and in M-mode. The exposure scale does not show under or over exposure as in the OVF. Setting the new dial on any other setting than exposure comp releases the scale.
06-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When in LV and the extra dial set to exposure comp and in M-mode. The exposure scale does not show under or over exposure as in the OVF. Setting the new dial on any other setting than exposure comp releases the scale.
I believe this is purposeful.

07-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #252
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I believe this is purposeful.
Yes. It is logical. Not a bug, I have to remember the extra dial.
07-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #253
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Sensor Shift?

I do a lot of shooting with composition adjust on because of its ability to simulate a shift lens to a certain extent. When using composition adjust, the camera will be on a tripod and the 2 sec timer will be on. A typical shutter speed would be 1/30 sec. SR is set to off, and should also be off due to the use of the timer. EXIF shows it's set to off. FWIW, firmware is 1.10.

In about 10% of my shots in this configuration, the captured image has vertical motion blur. Screen shots of 50% crops showing images with and without the problem are shown below. My assumption has been that it's a hardware problem due to the SR mechanism failing to hold the sensor in place, but I now wonder if it's a software bug with the SR actually being on and trying to compensate for spurious inputs.

I haven't seen the problem handholding the camera in single shot/burst mode and composition adjust off, but I've shot significantly less that way.

After owning three other cameras with SR, including one that I've used extensively in the same manner, I can't recall ever seeing anything quite like this.
Attached Images

Last edited by dakotapix; 07-02-2016 at 05:51 PM.
07-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #254

Won't focus at infinity with some A series lenses...

My K-1 is great when it works, but that's the rub. I've owned the camera a little less than two months, and I'm finding that it won't work with several of the A-Series lenses. Specifically, three of my go to A-series lenses (Pentax A 24mm/f2.8, Pentax 35-105mm/f3.5, and a new Rokinon 14mm/f2.8) that work well with other my other three Pentax cameras will not work on the K-1 (the lenses never reach focus at infinity). I first noticed this problem when trying to print (the detail was really soft), and then I confirmed it with Live View and 16x magnification (if just using focus confirmation, the camera will say it's in focus when in fact it is not--this becomes very apparent in Live View).

Is anyone else seeing this issue, or did I get a lemon?
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #255
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sammycat Quote
My K-1 is great when it works, but that's the rub. I've owned the camera a little less than two months, and I'm finding that it won't work with several of the A-Series lenses. Specifically, three of my go to A-series lenses (Pentax A 24mm/f2.8, Pentax 35-105mm/f3.5, and a new Rokinon 14mm/f2.8) that work well with other my other three Pentax cameras will not work on the K-1 (the lenses never reach focus at infinity). I first noticed this problem when trying to print (the detail was really soft), and then I confirmed it with Live View and 16x magnification (if just using focus confirmation, the camera will say it's in focus when in fact it is not--this becomes very apparent in Live View).

Is anyone else seeing this issue, or did I get a lemon?
Do you get the same results after doing focus adjustments on the lenses in question?

I use a number of manual focus lenses and found that the focus confirmation appeared hit and miss. I did a focus check and found I needed to do an adjustment for my manual lenses. I did a global adjustment and this fixed the problem.

I checked the adjustment with my auto lenses and all was good until I bought the 15-30 f2.8. The focus was way off so I set an individual lens focus adjustment and now that's fine as well.

Still, if I am on a tripod I will use LV and focus confirmation like you did as I know it will be spot on.

Tas