Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #256
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Photos: Albums
Posts: 235
ICON's disappearing

On my K-1 I sometimes use the AF MODE button on the left side of the camera to enable the rear thumbwheel to change focus points. I noticed when I do this, the full mode (33 points) and the spot (center, non selectable) mode result in the icons on top of the display vanishing. The Icons are the FLASH, SHOOTING, WB, and PICTURE Mode Icons. Oddly, the skin tone (Type 1) I have selected remains. In the 9 point and selectable focus modes the icons are visible. Could someone try this to see if this is my camera only? I'm using FW 1.10.

Thanks...

Bill


Last edited by Snydly; 07-06-2016 at 06:34 PM.
07-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #257
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
Tas,

Thanks for the reply. My concern at this point isn't with the focus confirmation of calibration on the manual lenses (although that would be nice) but rather that the lenses can't physically reach focus (they get close to focusing at infinity but never quite make it). Pentax has tried to be helpful--even writing the vendor, B&H, and suggesting that B&H should allow an exception and let me try another camera body. Unfortunately, B&H has said no, and so I'm kind of stuck.

On a positive note, all my autofocus lenses seem to work fine.

-Greg
07-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #258
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 3
QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
On my K-1 I sometimes use the AF MODE button on the left side of the camera to enable the rear thumbwheel to change focus points. I noticed when I do this, the full mode (33 points) and the spot (center, non selectable) mode result in the icons on top of the display vanishing. The Icons are the FLASH, SHOOTING, WB, and PICTURE Mode Icons. Oddly, the skin tone (Type 1) I have selected remains. In the 9 point and selectable focus modes the icons are visible. Could someone try this to see if this is my camera only? I'm using FW 1.10.

Thanks...

Bill
Concur with your observation (also on v1.10)
The SHOOTING, WB, and PICTURE Mode Icons disappear (but not the flash icon).
07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #259
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,307
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lukanc Quote
Concur with your observation (also on v1.10)
The SHOOTING, WB, and PICTURE Mode Icons disappear (but not the flash icon).
Can this be because they move from the top to the focus point selection buttons when you no longer are selecting focus points? Toggle the small button above the upper of the four selection buttons to see if they just change place.

07-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #260
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Photos: Albums
Posts: 235
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Can this be because they move from the top to the focus point selection buttons when you no longer are selecting focus points? Toggle the small button above the upper of the four selection buttons to see if they just change place.
I think you're on to something there...
07-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #261
Senior Member
gryhnd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 225
Evidence of incomplete mirror retraction while scouting a location a couple of hours ago.

Camera made an audibly different "double clunk" sort of noise.

This image is shutter count 3370. Battery in camera and grip fully charged.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #262
Tas
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,106
QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
Evidence of incomplete mirror retraction while scouting a location a couple of hours ago.

Camera made an audibly different "double clunk" sort of noise.

This image is shutter count 3370. Battery in camera and grip fully charged.
I see I'm not the only one who has this problem, thankfully your image shows the bracket much better than I could get with my mobile phone. Your description of the shutter noise is spot on too. I've found that using LV whilst in mirror lock up is the time I am most likely to get this problem. Having said this though I've heard the 'double clunk' mirror noise shooting single images handheld using the VF.

The bracket obscures the entire frame with my camera, and the only solution I see is a return for repair/replacement. And I will be able to point to this example in the thread for a better description of the problem.

If you want to check the shoddy photos of my experience they are on page 10 in this thread here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319873-post-k-1-bugs-issue...-ricoh-10.html

Tas
07-11-2016, 05:56 AM   #263
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
My negative perception of the use of Pentax K-1
I got to it Origo battery grip. I wanted him to use rechargeable AA batteries, so as I have done for K-5 and K-5 II. I had no success. Respectively only part. Rechargeable despite the fact that they are fully charged camera evaluated as low. Displays a message that dead batteries and does not let go. So I tried rechargeable alkaline. You are going smoothly. So while I had them there, I went to the menu and I switched recognition detection of batteries Auto option on a NiMh rechargeable then put back. It did not help. So apparatus 1.2 Volt NiMH always understood than 1.5 Volt alkaline and under-measurement of voltage evaluate them as exhausted and does not help NiMh option in the settings, which should ensure that the camera turns vybitosti evaluation.
I have not tried lithium AA and for those are not just not turn at least as rechargeable 1.2 V, and it certainly can not understand because these have 1.5 V as well as alkaline, with which it is operating normally. Camera would certainly be aware of, because setting options AA batteries in the grip, the choice is Lithium.

And another thing to add in the new FW - to display the preview at 100% magnification is in the middle, and not where he was selected AF point during photo shoot.

07-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #264
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,319
QuoteOriginally posted by al.vlado Quote
I got to it Origo battery grip.
But isn't this the proper grip for it? It doesn't take AA batteries.

https://www.camera-warehouse.com.au/pentax-d-bg6-battery-grip
07-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #265
Senior Member
joergens.mi's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 237
It can take d-Li90 and batteries and Accus

Battery grip D-BG6 for the K-1 - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

As you can see there in the third picture, there are accus - I think eneloop with 1.2 V - in.
07-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #266
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 53
QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
wifi is unusable. time of sending photos show that it is very similar to D500 so it loo like BT transmision
I've been using it quite a bit with an iPad. One problem is the files are very large, even "small" jpegs. But the transferring is easier than with my Olympus so I actually use it.
07-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #267
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But isn't this the proper grip for it? It doesn't take AA batteries.

https://www.camera-warehouse.com.au/pentax-d-bg6-battery-grip
I have original batterygrip D BG6 with holder for AA batteries.
07-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #268
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,319
QuoteOriginally posted by al.vlado Quote
I have original batterygrip D BG6 with holder for AA batteries.

Ah, that's what you meant by 'Origo' battery grip!


I don't think anyone else has reported this, but you should check it out with your seller while you still have warranty.
07-12-2016, 05:25 PM   #269
Tas
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,106
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
It doesn't take AA batteries.
Yes mate, I can also confirm the DB6 does come with the adaptor for AA batteries and mine should be sitting in my bag not the box so thanks for the reminder.

Tas
07-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #270
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,319
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Yes mate, I can also confirm the DB6 does come with the adaptor for AA batteries and mine should be sitting in my bag not the box so thanks for the reminder.

Tas

Hmm, thanks, I might invest in one, Tas!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af-2, camera, card, clicks, dcu, dng, dslr, firmware, flashes, format, full frame, full-frame, issue, issues, k-1, k1, lens, lenses, list, metz, ok button, p-ttl, pef, pentax, pentax k-1, post, report, thread, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIN A K-1!!! Ricoh North America bertwert Pentax K-1 38 04-18-2016 07:03 PM
Computer specs for K-1 Post Processing loveisageless Pentax K-1 14 03-20-2016 11:39 AM
Ricoh Image Sync v1.1.0 app supports K-1 rawr Pentax K-1 6 03-12-2016 09:13 PM
Ricoh GXR + A16 users' feedback SOldBear Ricoh GR 7 03-06-2013 05:14 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top