Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Flasher Quote
I had a similar problem with an old Sigma lens on my K-3. Putting pressure upwards on the lens would break the contacts. I found tightening the 3 ring mounting screws on the lens fixed my problem. Obviously don't overtighten them but nipping them up could be worth a try.
I tried to tighten the screws, they didn't moved at all, so they seemed to be already tightened. So without making any try, I turned the aperture ring quickly back and forth, from end to end (lens detached from the body). Then tried the lens on the body and no problem from the last five minutes. There's something going on with that aperture ring. If the problem comes back, I'll send it for repair directly. Anyway thanks for this advice Flasher.

08-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #302

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
FYI, my K-1 doesn't have white dot issue problem in any conditions during my astro photography.
DSP Firmware Version : 1.20.21.09
Production Code : 2.2
Manufacture Date : 2016:06:24
I am using it for almost one month 800+ shots, around 10% of them is astrophotography with or without astrotracer, maximum exposure was 5 minutes and not a single hint in any photo of a so-called white dot issue.
For more info see my comments here: Does the Pentax K-1 also has the white dots issue during long exposures? | Pentax Rumors
I got them @ specific settings as I wrote. So it is quite strange.
09-01-2016, 05:33 AM   #303
Veteran Member

Is the shutter count shown somewhere in EXIF-data? Now that I have taken quite a many multiexposures (about 100x frames per ME) the photo counter shows just photo counter. It was running at 1200 something while in reality it is more like 5000-6000.
09-01-2016, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #304
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Is the shutter count shown somewhere in EXIF-data?
Yes. There is even a utility link on this site that will read the exif from an uploaded in-camera JPEG.

Check Camera Shutter Count and Manufacture Date

Steve

09-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #305
Veteran Member

Thank you!
09-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #306
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Is the shutter count shown somewhere in EXIF-data? Now that I have taken quite a many multiexposures (about 100x frames per ME) the photo counter shows just photo counter. It was running at 1200 something while in reality it is more like 5000-6000.
I use ExifGUI. It seems to show the most info of all the Exif readers I have tried.

Use the MAKER tab on the right after selecting your photo. The shutter count info can be buried in the middle but is about half way down. If you use it a lot then right click on the shutter count and add to Custom View and Tag/Mark so it's easier to find next time.

Latest ExiftoolGUI version 5.16

Last edited by Flasher; 09-01-2016 at 02:56 PM.
09-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #307
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mode dial failed on mine today...now only works in M.

Dial seldom shifted from Av.

09-03-2016, 12:01 AM   #308
Pentaxian

Does the camera always end up in M-mode when the mode dial fails?
I haven't paid close enough attention to tell for sure but it does seem like that, or am i wrong?
09-03-2016, 12:41 AM   #309
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote

I was just wondering, did you use the mode dial set to free move or push to move using the centre button?

Tas
09-03-2016, 03:35 AM   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Does the camera always end up in M-mode when the mode dial fails?
I haven't paid close enough attention to tell for sure but it does seem like that, or am i wrong?
From what I have read, yes. Mine first showed TAv even though set to Av, but that was only momentary. Then M, and that's where it has stayed.

"I was just wondering, did you use the mode dial set to free move or push to move using the centre button?

Tas"

I push to move so I don't accidentally bump it off.
09-03-2016, 04:01 AM   #311
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I push to move so I don't accidentally bump it off.
Yeah, that's how I use mine. Thanks for the feedback, I've not had an issue with my mode dial so hopefully it'll stay that way.

Tas
09-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #312
ksm

Had the same thing happen to me today. Only works like M regardless the position of the dial. at least it works. going to take it to the store to have it repaired. 😒
09-04-2016, 03:28 AM   #313
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
From what I have read, yes. Mine first showed TAv even though set to Av, but that was only momentary. Then M, and that's where it has stayed.

They just reseat a ribbon cable for that, don't they?
09-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
No idea, which is why I am wondering what the process/response/turnaround time has been from CRK in Oz.

I have become VERY attached indeed to my K-1 and know I will hate being without it, even though I have a K-3 (or two) in the study!
09-04-2016, 11:53 PM   #315
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The fault does point to something like a lose ribbon cable.
One could guess they use four bits to indicate which position the wheel has (4 bits gives 16 possible positions), and when the cable is partially off you get a faulty wheel position, and when it’s totally off the socket the camera reads all zeros (or all ones) which apparently indicates manual mode.