Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2016, 12:20 AM   #316
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
The fault does point to something like a lose ribbon cable.
One could guess they use four bits to indicate which position the wheel has (4 bits gives 16 possible positions), and when the cable is partially off you get a faulty wheel position, and when it’s totally off the socket the camera reads all zeros (or all ones) which apparently indicates manual mode.
Yes, makes sense, Gimbal.

09-05-2016, 03:05 AM   #317
Unregistered User

And we say thank you to the engineer that decided that manual is the mode to goto when the connection breaks. It would have been really scary if the mode changed to Green mode
09-05-2016, 04:04 AM   #318
Veteran Member

That would have been so with Sony cameras.
09-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #319

I just bought a K1 with a 31mm, camera and the lens are gorgeous but I have a serious problem with the autofocus. I simply can not change from MF to AF. The display, even though I hold down the AF mode button and turn the reel, remains on MF.
I would be grateful if you could give me some ideas or advice.

09-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #320
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stefanor Quote
I just bought a K1 with a 31mm, camera and the lens are gorgeous but I have a serious problem with the autofocus. I simply can not change from MF to AF. The display, even though I hold down the AF mode button and turn the reel, remains on MF.
But did you remember to move the switch on the body from MF to AF, Stefanor?
09-24-2016, 01:52 PM   #321

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But did you remember to move the switch on the body from MF to AF, Stefanor?
yes I did it
09-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

is the aperture ring on A? - I was just trying one of my old FA lenses and it didn't AF if Aperture ring not on A

09-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #323

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
s the aperture ring on A?
yes ... Furthermore the camera meter only in spot mode other modes are dimmed

I also tried without the lens ... nothing changes

Last edited by stefanor; 09-24-2016 at 09:51 PM.
09-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #324
Pentaxian

yes ... Furthermore the camera meter only in spot mode other modes are dimmed
Do you have another lens that you could mount on the K-1?

If another lens allows further metering modes and AF, you know that the problem is with the FA 31.

Perhaps try moving the aperture ring of the FA 31 out of the "A" position and back again. Don't forget to press the button on the aperture ring while turning the ring in and out of the "A" position.

BTW, it would be better if you created your own thread for your problem. Your problem is not related to a "K-1 bug" which this thread is about. Creating your own thread (EDIT: It is here) in the right forum section will attract more people that may help and also keeps this thread on focus.

Last edited by Class A; 09-25-2016 at 06:33 AM.
09-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #325

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Creating your own thread in the right forum section will attract more people that may help and also keeps this thread on focus.
OK sorry I will
09-25-2016, 05:51 AM   #326
Veteran Member

If you start the camera first time after factory reset AND have no lens connected, custom button mapping will not work. All they do when pressing them are their default functionality. Happened so far two times, after initial purchase with FW 1.0 and after last service with 1.2.
09-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #327

I've had my K-1 for about a month or so. I've concluded that the sensor is misaligned - AF lenses can be microfocus adjusted accurately to middle distances, but I can never get them to sit correctly at infinity. Most problematically, manual focus lenses with hard infinity stops are focusing past infinity.
10-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #328
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Got back K-1 and Tamron 28-75 from repair, but...

Some news about my problems with my K1 and Tamron 28-75.
1. Ricoh didn't enlarged the AF fine tuning range (as seen from the 1.30 firmware) and prefer that you send it back for repair. I don't know if it's a better solution, at least I've sent mine and got it back today, with better calibration. I can now fine tune the AF of my lenses within the -10/+10 range, which is great !
2. I sent my Tamron 28-75 for repair (I had communication problem between the lens and the camera, "F--" was blinking all the time). Go it back today too, they cleaned the pin as the vendor told me, I guess they had to clean it from the inside or something, because cleaning them from the outside didn't worked. However I now have another problem : the AF fine tuning doesn't work for this lens anymore ! I can set the value from -10 to +10, it doesn't correct the slight front-focus of this lens (doesn't do anything at all), while it works fine for the other lenses (patch 1.30 already applied). Soooo... what should I do now ? Hope for firmware fix ? How could Pentax know the problem ? Did anyone experienced this problem ?

---------- Post added 02-10-16 at 01:10 ----------

[PS] The problem from point #2 wasn't introduced by V1.30, it was already non functional with V1.20.
10-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #329
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by asamimasa Quote
I've had my K-1 for about a month or so. I've concluded that the sensor is misaligned - AF lenses can be microfocus adjusted accurately to middle distances, but I can never get them to sit correctly at infinity. Most problematically, manual focus lenses with hard infinity stops are focusing past infinity.
It will be the AF module rather than the sensor. Get 'em to recalibrate while it's still under warranty, Asamimasa.

10-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #330
Pentaxian

USER settings should allow individualisation of using one or both SD cards differently for each USER, same for RAW/JPEG option

AF fine adjustment for zoom lenses should allow calibration for more than one focal length - espeically DFA24-70 shows large differences between 24 and 70 mm