Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2016, 02:01 AM   #331

After upgrade to 1.30 appeared awful back focus with all lenses and AF become has his own life...
With 24-70 even total +20 (+10 for lens and +10 for all lenses/camera) doesn't help.
Another lim lenses always give different results if I autofocus from infinity (ofen give bac-kfocus) or from MDF (ofen give front-focus). There is no a stable same result even with AF tune adjustment.
I have 5 AF lenses and none of its doesn't have a correct AF.
But with my old K-5 I haven't any such problems with all this lenses (exception 24-40 has +10 adj.)!
I started hate Pentax and especially my K-1...

10-09-2016, 04:13 AM   #332

Focusing issues

I just want to make a general comment about focusing issues which I frequently think aren't really issues a lot of the time. I get the occassional misfocus when I'm using lenses, and they are occasionally due to camera error but I have generally found that they errors are due to how the camera focuses when in the full focus and centre weighted focus modes. On the whole they aren't very sophisticated in the approach to focusing on Pentax cameras. They generally focus on the nearest thing in the focus zone. With the APS-C cameras I have owned like the K3 and K30 it is easy not to notice this because of the depth of field but the depth of field on a full frame camera is quite a bit less so you generally will notice when the focus is on the wrong subject, especially in photos for close subjects. Most of the times after examining the photo I have generally found that its focused not on whats in the centre of the frame but on something in the focus zone which is actually nearer. Of course on one occasion it was due to the SDM motor starting to fail which became obvious when it refused to focus at all a couple of weeks later and this also excludes when theres a lens issue so it worth your time just checking your photos. Of course its a whole different issue for continuous focusing...............
10-13-2016, 01:33 AM   #333
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daimonwn Quote
After upgrade to 1.30 appeared awful back focus with all lenses and AF become has his own life...
With 24-70 even total +20 (+10 for lens and +10 for all lenses/camera) doesn't help.
Another lim lenses always give different results if I autofocus from infinity (ofen give bac-kfocus) or from MDF (ofen give front-focus). There is no a stable same result even with AF tune adjustment.
But with my old K-5 I haven't any such problems with all this lenses (exception 24-40 has +10 adj.)!
Interesting. I do not have any problem with fw1.30. Hunting AF with FA Limiteds has gone, perfect.
AF is accurate without changes microadjust.in menu K-1 (Sigma 24-70/2,8IF EX DG HSM, FA31, 43, 77, DA*200SDM)

Your K1 must be some defect...
10-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #334
sbh

Flash does not fire when using electronic shutter in Live View. Neither wired to studio flash nor on the hot shoe.

Tested with IT2 via USB as well as camera-only.

Last edited by sbh; 10-17-2016 at 01:31 PM.
10-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #335
sbh

K-1 and IT2 on Mac seem to have an issue with capture data. In tether mode, PEF files are missing some data like lense model, white balance, resolution, quality setting, focussing method, metering method, color space etc.

DCU 5.6.2 will not open these pixelshift files. The viewer window remains grey. Thumbnails are available. (However, Capture One 9 will edit them as usual like non-pixelshifted.)

I don't know whether it is the K-1 not writing the data propperly or IT2 stripping them when received on the computer.

K-1: 1.30
IT2: 2.2.0
Mac: 10.12 Sierra
Attached Images

Last edited by sbh; 10-17-2016 at 10:58 AM.
10-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #336
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Flash does not fire when using electronic front curtain shutter in Live View. Neither wired to studio flash nor on the hot shoe.

Tested with IT2 via USB as well as camera-only.
there is forum "Post K-1 bugs/issues", you post normal functions of fw 1.30

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/pdf/K-1_Ver.1.30_Deta...d_features.pdf
* The external flash is fixed to off (will not discharge)
10-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #337

QuoteOriginally posted by daimonwn Quote
Hi daimonwn,

I got exactly the same problem as you have. I updated my fully functional camera from 1.00 to 1.30 this morning , and noticed my FA31 started back-focusing badly. I had to set it to +10 to make it look sharp. the only difference was the FW.

Upon more investigating, I'm noticing my issue is worse when I set AF mode to select-1 mode. If I pick spot or others, focus seems better. (still, feels funky though. I'm going to do more experiments w/ FA31 and check the 24-105 but I think I'm going to send it to Pentax to reconfirm the AF.

Once time I confirmed, if it aint broken, don't fix it, lol

PS: My K1 was built on 2016:09:01 per EXIF

Last edited by atilla457; 10-19-2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added camera manufacture date.
10-24-2016, 06:05 AM   #338
Pentaxian

This is maybe more a firmware request than a bug, but I would like the small top LCD to light up when I change parameters with the thumb wheels.

The K-5 did this and thus it was easy to change shutter speed and aperture even in dark without having to look in the viewfinder.

I know there is a dedicated light button, but should I really have to press that before and after every change of aperture (for instance).

10-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #339
Forum Member

Gimbal: exactly, it would be a big help for me
10-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #340
Veteran Member

That could be a setup option in the light settings.
10-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #341
Forum Member

More focus issues.
K-1 & DFA 70-200 set to 200mm
When focus is correct at short distance to target (~1,5m), it backfocus with target at ~6-7m.
Setting AF fine adjustment to +10 barely gets target in focus at 6-7m, and by doing that it front focuses at ~1,5m
FW 1.3

Anyone else who can confirm this?

I have the same behaviour with the K-3 & Tamron 17-50 2,8. In that case, i thought the Tamron was to blame. Not so sure anymore.

This is the target i used when testing:
http://squit.co.uk/photo/focuschart.html

Last edited by Lage; 10-26-2016 at 09:33 AM.
11-04-2016, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #342
Veteran Member

I was taking a landscape shot near a nuclear power plant under the electric lines coming from the facility.

So...then I switched on the GPS and tried to calibrate compass just to see what would happen. Well, the camera hard crashed and required taking off the battery to continue shooting. I can repeat this.
11-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #343

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
I was taking a landscape shot near a nuclear power plant under the electric lines coming from the facility.

So...then I switched on the GPS and tried to calibrate compass just to see what would happen. Well, the camera hard crashed and required taking off the battery to continue shooting. I can repeat this.
Hehe... under those supe high voltage lines? You are happy that you are not glow .
Once time I have been making photos right to mobile cellular antennas. My phone freez for 8h.
Best!
11-05-2016, 02:57 AM   #344
Veteran Member

Yes. Super high voltage lines. What exactly happened was that when camera asked to rotate the body the screen just froze.
11-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #345

Astrotracer mode: shutter release button not working

Today I noticed that shutter release button don't work when I try to use Astrotracer mode.
The Mode dial is in B mode. GPS in ON, compass is calibrated. Firmware is updated to version 1.30. I set different time to acquire picture but shutter release button simply do not work.
I tried to shut down the camera and remove the battery, then repeated my attemption to make picture in Astrotracer mode. No difference - shutter release button do not work.
I tried to switch to Astrotracer OFF. Even in simple Bulb mode with GPS ON shutter release button don't work. But it is still working in other modes and in Bulb mode with GPS OFF. Vise versa, shutter release button do work with GPS ON, B mode, but Astrotracer OFF.
In August I did shoot pictures in Astrotracer mode with FW 1.10. Everything was OK.
I updated to FW v1.30 a month ago, but did not try Astrotracer mode until now.
Does anybody can confirm this issue? Or maybe I do somethin wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by Medex; 03-11-2017 at 04:09 AM.