Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #361
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm having an issue with one of my K-1 bodies, the SD card door doesn't latch properly. I frequently pull the camera out of my bag* and the SD card door pops open without provocation. The door stays put when I close it again, but it is rather Annoying. Good thing I got a second camera body to work with.

* my camera bag is a Lowepro Pro roller X200, I can't see any way the bag could be causing this issue. there is no evidence of rubbing or any way the door could catch on to the interior material.

11-26-2016, 03:29 AM   #362
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm having an issue with one of my K-1 bodies, the SD card door doesn't latch properly. I frequently pull the camera out of my bag* and the SD card door pops open without provocation. The door stays put when I close it again, but it is rather Annoying. Good thing I got a second camera body to work with.

* my camera bag is a Lowepro Pro roller X200, I can't see any way the bag could be causing this issue. there is no evidence of rubbing or any way the door could catch on to the interior material.

I always attributed the open card door to my tightly fitting Lowepro Sport 200 backpack or other mis-treatment, but it does happen to me often enough to be annoying. I don't remember anything like that from the K-5, irrespective of where I threw it in.
11-26-2016, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #363
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NeilO Quote
Any ideas? I might try a reset, but I'd rather not have to reprogram everything if I can avoid it.
You could downgrade to your previous firmware version. Just install the previous file again.

Seems unlikely that this will help in your case, but I think in general it is a very nice move by Ricoh to allow reverting to older versions!
11-27-2016, 06:53 AM   #364
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

The SD card door of my K-1 does the reverse - it has become "sticky" in a way it does not sling open smoothly anymore.

11-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #365
Syb
Veteran Member

Main issue is that sometimes the processor seems to be blocking literally everything. Especially after shooting some night shots, while walking back to the car i wanted to browse my just made pictures. Zooming in and then - FREEZE. No more response to any button - even no response to switching off the camera!! Had to remove battery for a while to get access to the camera again.

When reviewing shots with great magnification (x16), chances are likely that camera is "not able to display image" at all. Fortunately LightRoom will be able to open the files...

These are two pretty harsh disappointments for me, after many years of using Pentax Gear. Do not know whether it is caused by me, demanding ever more from the camera, or by bugs in soft/hardware....
11-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #366
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When production gets back on track, I'd love to see a special silver version of the K-1 come out, like you did for the K-3 and other top tier cameras. I'd almost definitely pick one up. Love the K-1 as is!
11-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #367
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
Main issue is that sometimes the processor seems to be blocking literally everything. Especially after shooting some night shots, while walking back to the car i wanted to browse my just made pictures. Zooming in and then - FREEZE. No more response to any button - even no response to switching off the camera!! Had to remove battery for a while to get access to the camera again.

When reviewing shots with great magnification (x16), chances are likely that camera is "not able to display image" at all. Fortunately LightRoom will be able to open the files...

These are two pretty harsh disappointments for me, after many years of using Pentax Gear. Do not know whether it is caused by me, demanding ever more from the camera, or by bugs in soft/hardware....
If long exposure noise reduction, LENR, is activated the camera will be unresponsive for the same amount of time as the shutter speed of the shot you just took.

11-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #368
Forum Member

Firmware v1.40: crop mode trouble using sigma 70-200 os hsm

Hi, I've trouble using my sigma 70-200 f/2.8 ex dg os hsm, if the "auto" crop mode is selected the camera "suggests" the aps-c format.
I never observed this problem using previous release of firmware.
11-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #369
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by amodali Quote
You can go back to the older firmware version, to check whether it really doesn't have this issue or to keep using it, if you prefer it.
11-30-2016, 12:58 AM   #370
Veteran Member

Hi, I've trouble using my sigma 70-200 f/2.8 ex dg os hsm, if the "auto" crop mode is selected the camera "suggests" the aps-c format.
Normally Pentax said, all non pentax explicit FF optics will be set to aps-c in auto mode.
It's the same with my sigma 70-200 2.8 and the bigma 50-500
11-30-2016, 01:09 AM   #371
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
Normally Pentax said, all non pentax explicit FF optics will be set to aps-c in auto mode.
It's the same with my sigma 70-200 2.8 and the bigma 50-500
But it's not the same with my sigma ex dg macro 24-70 2.8, tamron 70-200 2.8, tamron 28-75 2.8...

/amodali
11-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #372
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You can go back to the older firmware version, to check whether it really doesn't have this issue or to keep using it, if you prefer it.
Hello, thank's for your answer, how can I go back to the earlier firmware? Can I use the upgrade procedure?

Last edited by amodali; 11-30-2016 at 04:04 AM.
11-30-2016, 05:08 AM   #373
Pentaxian

Can I use the upgrade procedure?
Yes, just copy the V1.30 firmware on an SD card and proceed as if you were upgrading.

The camera will show that you are about to change from V1.40 to V1.30 and will proceed with the "downgrade" if you confirm.
11-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #374
Syb
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
If long exposure noise reduction, LENR, is activated the camera will be unresponsive for the same amount of time as the shutter speed of the shot you just took.
I will check whether I had this lenr activated! Thanks!
12-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #375
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Post any firmware issues, software problems, or lens/accessory incompatibilities in this thread and we will forward them to Ricoh.

Duplicates allowed so that we can keep a running tally.

*PLEASE DON'T POST GRIPES OR FEATURE SUGGESTIONS HERE*

For PC compatibility issues and general troubleshooting, post in this thread instead:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319937-feedback-issue-thre...-specific.html
i have a sigma DG 17-35 that i used on an MZ-S and through the K-3 and it worked just fine but on the K-1 it wont read the aperture properly electronically. it is f2.8-4 and when using the wheel in TAV or manual it will show it going down to f1.4. i cured the problem by enabling use of the aperture ring.