Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #391

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
1. Can we go over 8 letters files? I prefer to have longer names it is 2017! not DOS time
File names follow the Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) conventions.

02-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #392

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
File names follow the Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) conventions.
So nothing can be done? its a pity
02-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #393
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had this request too. I assume that this convention was made when cameras were less capable. However, in camera we can fiddle with the prefix for file names. An option for setting different ones for pixelshift and hdr Would already be useful although I'd prefer an addition at the end of the name.
02-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #394
Veteran Member

The naming of files is defined by the DCIM-specification: Design rule for Camera File system - Wikipedia. I don't think Ricoh will change this.

02-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #395
Veteran Member

Activating pixel shift while sensor is fully shifted to any direction sometimes causes grid or scanline type pattern artifacts in the output file. Of course this is excepted as shift is already at maximum for some direction and cannot be moved any more. Still, it can be done and outcome is often messy.
02-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #396

I'd like to be able to illuminate the top-mounted green LCD while in live-view.
02-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #397

QuoteOriginally posted by Sweets Quote
Wonder what result you got / what status?
Is your cam repaired now?
Precision Camera fixed my K-1 and sent it back to me last month. My K-1 is still under warranty, so the service is free.
According to the repair ticket, they also did recalibration, realignment, and test to the camera's AF unit. On top of that,
the interior and exterior of the camera have also be cleaned. It took quite some time, but the camera came back in a
very good shape. Overall, I'm happy with their service.

02-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #398
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
Precision Camera fixed my K-1 and sent it back to me last month. My K-1 is still under warranty, so the service is free.
According to the repair ticket, they also did recalibration, realignment, and test to the camera's AF unit. On top of that,
the interior and exterior of the camera have also be cleaned. It took quite some time, but the camera came back in a
very good shape. Overall, I'm happy with their service.
Thank God, a positive comment relaxed me a little, I mean after reading other stuff about Pentax repairs I sometimes am scared to take the camera out for a walk in case i bump it and all hell breaks loose)
02-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #399

Photos: Albums
My serial is in the 6359xxx range. Same problem.
Sent in for repair under warranty on febr.8, 2017.
Received my K-1 back home today, saturday febr.25, 2017. On the accompanying sheet it says: ref.779700A332 - SUPPORT PLATE ASSY. 1 piece. Price €10,96. And: time 1 hour, ref.00443, price €90.

Anyone knows what "Support plate assy" means?

Thx in advance for your reply ����

Last edited by Sweets; 02-27-2017 at 09:20 AM.
02-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #400

After a quick test i have the impression that my K-1 is working better than before i sent it to the service center. The "Support plate assy" might be something with the plate that might have been loosen, is what Ricoh-Pentax here in the Netherlands sort of explained to me. It's a guess as they have no contact with the service/repair center they explained to me.

I think i experience a kind of better focussing, maybe. I use the Kenko(Tamron) 15x PzAF Teleplus SHQ with my 50-135mmDA and my Sigma 10-20mm. Works perfect so i can use these for FullFrame pictures: no dark corners etc.. Before, the 50-135 couldn't focus with the Kenko, at all.

Still have to test my lenses for focus accuracy.

B-good :-)
03-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #401

After a quick test i have the impression that my K-1 is working better than before i sent it to the service center. The "Support plate assy" might be something with the plate that might have been loosen, is what Ricoh-Pentax here in the Netherlands sort of explained to me. It's a guess as they have no contact with the service/repair center they explained to me.

I think i experience a kind of better focussing, maybe. I use the Kenko(Tamron) 15x PzAF Teleplus SHQ with my 50-135mmDA and my Sigma 10-20mm. Works perfect so i can use these for FullFrame pictures: no dark corners etc.. Before, the 50-135 couldn't focus with the Kenko, at all.

Still have to test my lenses for focus accuracy.

B-good :-)
... and now, after focus testing all my lenses, Pentax, Tamrom and Sigma, on this item i am a very happy fellow and thanks to Pentax repair (Belgium) for their good work.
All Pentax lenses i posses are working correctly without! any focus adjustment. Yes!
03-23-2017, 05:38 AM   #402
Veteran Member

Reviewing Pixel Shift image right after exposure and trying to delete it instantly results in camera freeze for quite a long time OR total deadlock requiring battery removal.
05-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #403
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
When production gets back on track, I'd love to see a special silver version of the K-1 come out, like you did for the K-3 and other top tier cameras. I'd almost definitely pick one up. Love the K-1 as is!
What a brilliant idea!
05-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #404
Pentaxian

My grip on my K-1 grip (around LED light) makes a clicking noise when I pick it up, or handle the camera with my hand on the grip,

It bugs me to tell you the truth. I don't know if it's a big enough issue to send back and get it repaired ?

Will it cause any damage down the road ?

Is it going to worsen, has anyone with a K-1 with that issue ever had it develop into a bigger issue if they did not get it attended to ?

The rest of the camera works well, it's just that feel and sound that happens every so often.

What do you think ?
05-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #405
Veteran Member

I would say it is a common issue. There have been few threads about it on K-1 board. My 2nd K-1 started it few months ago. 1st one after picking up first heavy lens - 15-30.

Nothing will break but it causes few dents to user experience making the camera feel like plastic bucket.