Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #61

I don't consider that a bug. I never change my lenses or SD cards with the camera on! That invites a host of possible problems. You should always power down first.

05-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It is stated so in the user manual. Makes sense, normally the camera should be Off when changing lenses, and it should still be possible to switch on the light on the lens mount or SD card slots.
Hmm...so not a bug...let me delete my comment then.
It's makes sense for the power to be off, when changing a lens.
My bad. I feel stupid since I always have the power off when I change a lens and SD card!
Pretty slow at work today I guess.
05-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #63
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Of course, when using LV, the mirror is already up. On the K1, does it go back down then up when the shutter is triggered? I believe that is what happens with the K5 and K3 bodies, but I did not take notice when experimenting with my K1.
It's really hard to tell, as the shutter is so much more efficient than what I'm used to.

The K5 definitely did the mirror dance, if the K-1 does it the mechanism is so smooth it doesn't sound the same. It's certainly quicker.

The MUP setting does induce LV blackout. If I'm using MUP and LV I could get LV to work with MUP on, and occassionally get the blacked out screen. So it's not consistent, hence it seemed odd. This didn't occur when using LV with MUP turned off.

In case this situation is considered not to be a 'true fault', I will cease feedback on the issue in this thread.

Tas

EDIT: Mirror is locking up in LV fine. When first using LV I notice I usually get the dark screen. I turn it off and it's working fine. The majority of times it occurs when I first use LV. This is reproducible but intermittent.

EDIT 2: Twice this morning when selecting LV the image was either completely obscured or partially obscured. Could this be shutter related? Will try to remember to capture a photo of the screen view when it happens next.

Last edited by Tas; 05-20-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Update feedback on issue
05-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

Lots of user errors or unreproducible problems being posted here for sure, but this is an open forum and we have a new product, so keep those observations coming.

Of course we have to sift through what's real and what isn't, but that's the internet (and life) as a whole, right?

05-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Hmm...so not a bug...let me delete my comment then.
It's makes sense for the power to be off, when changing a lens.
My bad. I feel stupid since I always have the power off when I change a lens and SD card!
Pretty slow at work today I guess.
If it stays on until the battery is depleted I would consider it a bug. It should power of the lights after some time since it can be turned on by accident if it is in the bag or so.

But it turns it self off after 30 seconds or so. Not a bug.

Last edited by Tjompen1968; 05-16-2016 at 03:41 PM.
05-17-2016, 02:23 AM   #66
Site Supporter

In normal shooting mode, LCD monitor never switches off. This is undocumented in the manual. K3 automatically switches off the LCD monitor to save power.
05-17-2016, 02:29 AM   #67

Potential problems

Confirm problems with METZ 58 AF-1. HSS did help for some shots, but suddenly gave up... strange...

Pentax 360 (old model) did not work correctly the first day, suddenly gave up. The second it did work, but even in P-TTL mode it overexposes

SIGMA lensen (70-200 & 120-400) I don't dare to try ...

Battery: with GPS on approx 300 - 320 pictures. Not enough for half a soccer match...

AF, in combination with 24-70, seems slow, but I have to test further. Is it the lens or the camera?
05-17-2016, 03:17 AM   #68
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Well, since I can not reproduce the same problem, since mine works just fine changing AF-mode and AF point even after the meter has turned off for 15 seconds.
One precision: in fact, changing AF modes / points with AF mode button and looking in the view finder works, what does not work is the displaying of the modes (AFS or AFC, and point selection) that does not display in the bottom of the viewfinder after AE meter was off, so it's just a minor bug.

05-17-2016, 05:21 AM   #69
Site Supporter

Things will be addressed soon.
05-17-2016, 05:26 AM   #70
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ubrowz Quote
I have several M42 lenses that I would like to use with my K-1. However, there is no way I can mount the M42/K adapter on the K-1. It just does not fit. I have an original Asahi Pentax version of this adapter and also bought a new one just to check if it is an adapter issue.

It seems the K-1 works with tighter tolerances that do not match with the M42 adapters.

After I removed the spring and the screw of the adapter I was able to insert it on the K-1, however. But this is not really a workable solution, because the lens is really loose
in this way.
Mine fits fine too, just the same as on the K-3
05-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Above is my comment on the previous page where the live view wasn't showing sometimes and I indicated I'd provide an update.

So, on page 60 of the instructions there is a caution that states:

" *Mirror Lock-up Shooting cannot be selected when shooting with Live View."

Normally I select MUP when I am using a tripod and don't use LV until I'm actually composing so not being able to select MUP when using LV is not an issue. However, I had the black screen appear whilst shooting this morning and typically I had been using LV & MUP without any problems before hand. As I'd noticed the MUP icon in the drive menu was greyed out it made me wonder whether this might be related. It was after this I actually read that page of the instructions.

Anyhoo, so I turned off MUP to use LV and found the black screen in LV did not reoccur. I used MUP again, but would toggle it on and off and found I did not get the black screen again whilst using LV. Note too that I wasn't sure whether the mirror movement noise was occuring prior to the black screen in LV. For the one instance of it occurring this morning there was a definite mirror lock up sound when pressing the LV button.

As I've come from a K5, and the K3 did have a number of operating systems changes it may just be my lack of familiarity with the system. Can anyone comment on the LV/MUP arrangement for K3 please?

I'll keep taking notes of when/if the black screen continues or whether the relationship between LV and MUP as described above was the 'issue' I experienced.

Tas

RESOLUTION OF ONE QUESTION V-A-V LV & MUP. When using LIVE VIEW on the K1, the mirror REMAINS UP when the shutter is triggered, so you automatically get mirror lock-up in live view. The complex noise is the shutter closing, then reopening/closing for the shot, then reopening again for LV, but the mirror does not move. Sensible.
05-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #72
Site Supporter

Bracketing control using the top dials can be turned on and adjusted, but cannot be turned off without entering the drive mode menu via the drive mode button.
05-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #73
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Harry Quote
AF, in combination with 24-70, seems slow, but I have to test further. Is it the lens or the camera?
Its not slow here. Fast in both good and bad lightning. Must be your settings.
05-18-2016, 07:21 AM   #74
Site Supporter

I normally shoot with the main LCD turned off so I have to turn LV on to change drive mode.
Also there is no indication of what mode I'm in on the VF or top LCD.
05-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #75
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Bracketing control using the top dials can be turned on and adjusted, but cannot be turned off without entering the drive mode menu via the drive mode button.
Bracketing is being reset when changing the burst rate via the top dial. Same issue with ISO control from the top dial not being reset to previous mode after being changed via top dial.