Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
R+J mode
What is that ??

05-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I take it clicking the OK button on the 4 way controller did nothing.

Try a different card. Copy the offending file(s) to another card and see if you get the problem.

Could you upload an offending RAW file to dropbox and see if the problem can be reproduced by another K-1 owner?

Perhaps this thread should be merged in to the problem/trouble shooting thread?
no buttons worked..only pulling battery did

this was the last raw file only 21MB & rest are 51MB?? boring shot but one before was a BIF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzkxgfxqox2t87f/IMGP1577.DNG?dl=0

how do I merge this thread?

---------- Post added 05-21-16 at 02:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
What is that ??
raw+ jpeg
05-20-2016, 05:57 PM   #93
Veteran Member

posted elsewhere..but better here I guess
K1 Bug season comes early this year
While reviewing some shots ,I get this on the screen & camera locks up!! power off & still on had to yank battery..
in R+J mode ,maybe buffer was not totally cleared? & when I tired to zoom out it locked up
The day before was a strange thing also ,but can't remember..but did not lock up
San Disk extreme pro 128GB card.. DA*300 lens on ,only option on was highlight correction,AFC,Cont. shooting High
any ideas or anyone else get locked out ??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw2vurihy2x0sry/K1%20buggies.jpg?dl=0

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/321610-k1-bug-season-comes...#ixzz49FPBKbni
05-20-2016, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #94
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
RAW + JPEG

These days hipsters can't afford the space to type out what they mean. They speak fluent AOL/pseudo-cool.

05-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
RAW + JPEG

These days hipsters can't afford the space to type out what they mean. They speak fluent AOL/pseudo-cool.
??not a hipster man..hate typing..!! too old for that
05-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #96
PDL
Pentaxian

Must be an old UNIX/MVS/CMS/DOS/CP/M greybeard.
05-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #97
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I merged this thread with the bugs/issues thread.

05-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FA* 80-200 sometimes cannot focus

My friend & myself both have the FA*8-200 and faced Intermittence focusing with K1.
Sometimes it just cannot focus even used Spot.
After focused at 200mm, move to nearer subject and depressed shuttle halfway, nothing happen.
05-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #99
Pentaxian

In camera JPEG crop / resize: image can't be resize after being cropped.
05-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #100
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mirror does not always lock-up in LV

I first reported a problem when using the Live View button here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319873-post-k-1-bugs-issue...k-ricoh-3.html

I thought it was connected with the camera drive mode being in mirror lock-up, however I can confirm this is not the case as I did check and add some updates to the problem here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319873-post-k-1-bugs-issue...k-ricoh-4.html and here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319873-post-k-1-bugs-issue...k-ricoh-5.html

This morning I was in bracketing mode and there was more ambient light than normal, so when it occurred again I could see what looked like a bracket and I thought I'd take a photo of it as it appears on the screen in live view. Well, I would have if I'd remembered to take my phone with me.

So instead I left the camera on and removed the lens. With the camera on in LV the mirror was down. Thus my original suspicion is unfortunately correct.

The issue is intermittent, I can be turning LV on and off several times when I'm out and it might happen only once or twice in that time. As an estimate maybe 5% of the occassions I press the LV button the mirror will not raise.

I guess I get to send mine back to be sorted, but for now it has to wait.

Tas

Edit 25 May: No mirror silliness in live view this morning though I noticed that the normal sounds when actuating the shutter were much louder on two occassions. The image was captured in each case but that sound combined with the other issue now has me worried. Guess it will need to go in for a check up.

Last edited by Tas; 05-24-2016 at 05:53 PM.
05-23-2016, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #101

White balance issue

On the positive side, for the first time I'm finding my Pentax P-TTL flash to work correctly (AF540FGZ). On my istD and K20D, the flash would severely underexpose in many situations.

Last edited by sammycat; 05-28-2016 at 05:27 AM.
05-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #102

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Soon among accessories for the K1, Ricoh will offer a one LCD button-battery powered light that clips onto the neck strap, with a Pentax logo, in sixteen colors (plus a limited edition camouflage version designed by LL Bean, just for wildlife photographers). Is silly allowed on this thread?
I wont be buying one......price may be somewhere in the $800 range.
Sillyness still allowed.
I think overtime as I get familiar with the controls my finger will be able to find the light switch even in the dark. I still occasional hit the liveview button instead of the play button.
Also, shot an event over the weekend and on three occasions I touched something that caused to camera to switch into PixelShift mode. Havent figured out what I did yet, but I will investigate further - maybe go read the manual.
05-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #103
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pqberger Quote
Needed to do a session with the K-1 on the weekend. I show dogs and also get official photographer duties some weekends.

Last weekend I found my K-1 incorrectly adjusting the shutter speed when shooting Hi speed in Av mode. I'm yet to go through the 2,000 plus images from the weekend fully but here's what I have so far.

K-1 (no D-BG6 grip) in Av mode, Hi speed, WB - daylight, crop manually set to FF, center weighted metering, AFC, back button focusing (no focus on shutter button), DA*55 lens (gives slight vignetting on FF but images usually get cropped). I would shoot a continuous sequence and the first frame would be correctly exposed but then the shutter speed would start increasing in subsequent frames all the way up to 1/8000 giving me a series of underexposed images (nearly like doing a bracket exposure going 0EV, -1EV, -2EV but I'm not in bracketing mode). Tonight I hope to go through the images to see if I had this issue at all while using the Sigma 70-200 - definitely with the DA*55 but not sure on the other lens I used on the weekend from memory.

An Update: checking through my images I had the same issue intermittantly with the Sigma 70-200 EX DG OS HSM. Found a 5 frame sequence ISO at 200, F4 - 3 frames at 1/640 then strangely stepped to 1/1250 next frame and then to 1/2000 the frame after. No change to subject or lighting.

Updated to v1.10 firmware and went out photographing birds last Saturday morning. - Issue appears to be resolved for me. No more weird exposure issues when shooting HiSpeed sequences.

05-24-2016, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by theEight Quote
- maybe go read the manual.

You must be desperate. Reading instructions is absolutely the last resort. It's a bad as looking at a map when you're lost.
05-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #105
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
You must be desperate. Reading instructions is absolutely the last resort. It's a bad as looking at a map when you're lost.
Yes, how unmanly!