Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #271
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by al.vlado Quote
My negative perception of the use of Pentax K-1
I got to it Origo battery grip. I wanted him to use rechargeable AA batteries, so as I have done for K-5 and K-5 II. I had no success. Respectively only part. Rechargeable despite the fact that they are fully charged camera evaluated as low. Displays a message that dead batteries and does not let go. So I tried rechargeable alkaline. You are going smoothly. So while I had them there, I went to the menu and I switched recognition detection of batteries Auto option on a NiMh rechargeable then put back. It did not help. So apparatus 1.2 Volt NiMH always understood than 1.5 Volt alkaline and under-measurement of voltage evaluate them as exhausted and does not help NiMh option in the settings, which should ensure that the camera turns vybitosti evaluation.
I have not tried lithium AA and for those are not just not turn at least as rechargeable 1.2 V, and it certainly can not understand because these have 1.5 V as well as alkaline, with which it is operating normally. Camera would certainly be aware of, because setting options AA batteries in the grip, the choice is Lithium.

And another thing to add in the new FW - to display the preview at 100% magnification is in the middle, and not where he was selected AF point during photo shoot.

I got the original D-BG6 it works fine with D-Li90 and I tested it yesterday 6 eneloop NIMH accus, they are working fine - even not filled up completly because they were in storage for 4 month. Accu shows full. Accu-type selection set to aiutomatc and NIMH. camera showed full in all cases.

07-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Crop mode exposure metering bug, when using the viewfinder.
Conditions: Scene = bright area covering the 1.5x crop frame, dark in the outer area between the crop frame and full frame. Exposure mode = matrix. The light intensity being higher in the crop area, exposure should be lower in crop mode vs FF mode (such that average lighting matched 18% gray or so). It's not. For the same scene in liveview mode, the exposure changes properly with crop mode or full frame mode. But when using the optical viewfinder, exposure is the one done for full frame, the crop area taken in crop mode is overexposed. It's probably that the AE metering sensor does not have a crop mode.

Sort of workaround: use center weighted average metering to expose for the crop area of the frame.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 07-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.
07-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #273
Unregistered User

Not sure if this has been reported but the other day I shot a selfie using 12 s delay on tripod after climbing a 1760 m mountain. The image came out blurry even though I had 1/100 as shutter speed. Took several not using LV. When in LV it worked. Turned off the horizon correction and now it worked using OVF. I tested by turning the HC on and off and got the same results several times. Today it does not do like this. I have seen this blurry image happening twice before but do not remember in what scenario.
07-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Crop mode exposure metering bug, when using the viewfinder.
Conditions: Scene = bright area covering the 1.5x crop frame, dark in the outer area between the crop frame and full frame. Exposure mode = matrix. The light intensity being higher in the crop area, exposure should be lower in crop mode vs FF mode (such that average lighting matched 18% gray or so). It's not. For the same scene in liveview mode, the exposure changes properly with crop mode or full frame mode. But when using the optical viewfinder, exposure is the one done for full frame, the crop area taken in crop mode is overexposed. It's probably that the AE metering sensor does not have a crop mode.
Even before the K-1 came out I'd wondered how Pentax were going to get round this problem. So the answer seems to be that they did not bother. Oh well ...

07-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #275
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
Even before the K-1 came out I'd wondered how Pentax were going to get round this problem. So the answer seems to be that they did not bother. Oh well ...
I think they've use the same 86K single chip sensor which would require to also be cropped in firmware to meter the crop area correctly. Maybe will be fixed in next firmware version. When the scene is lit the same in the center and edges, there's no noticeable errors in exposure. If the subject is dark or too bright in the center, than there is a greater exposure error. I don't mind as I almost never use the crop mode. All it means is that matrix metering should not be used in crop mode, which if neither written in the manual, nor a forced setting by camera firmware.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 07-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.
07-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #276

QuoteOriginally posted by pony97 Quote
The SD card is ready formatted. I switch memory card options to other modes, the data saving is ok.
The SD card problem For new K1 has solved. It is the problem caused by SD card itself, a unstable SD card.

---------- Post added 07-28-16 at 10:56 PM ----------

I try to use remote control cable on K1, the focus function is Ok but the shutter function can not work. I try this with my old K5 camera, all the functions work fine. I think it is firmware that miss to trigger the shutter.
07-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #277
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakotapix Quote
In about 10% of my shots in this configuration [composition adjust], the captured image has vertical motion blur. Screen shots of 50% crops showing images with and without the problem are shown below. My assumption has been that it's a hardware problem due to the SR mechanism failing to hold the sensor in place, but I now wonder if it's a software bug with the SR actually being on and trying to compensate for spurious inputs.

[snip]

After owning three other cameras with SR, including one that I've used extensively in the same manner, I can't recall ever seeing anything quite like this.
Since no one else has reported such a thing with their K-1's, I guess it was a one-off hardware problem rather than a design issue. As might be expected from the lack of other reported instances of this problem, the replacement K-1 is behaving marvelously.

07-29-2016, 12:00 AM   #278
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pony97 Quote
I try to use remote control cable on K1, the focus function is Ok but the shutter function can not work. I try this with my old K5 camera, all the functions work fine. I think it is firmware that miss to trigger the shutter.
I have had a similar problem as you've described with a wired remote, but no problems at all with another wired remote.

I use a Canon RS-60E3 remote (because it was half the cost of the same thing from Pentax) and I've never had any problems making this work on either my K5 or K-1, including both firmware versions for the K-1.

The issue I did have was with a Vello Shutter Boss II. It would fit in and would work intermittently but at other times it would focus the camera yet not fire the shutter. I worked out that if I pushed on the connector to seat it further into the camera socket it would work properly. So the problem was it wouldn't sit in the camera remote socket correctly. To fix this I removed a smalll section of the plastic shroud around the remote connector to allow it to sit in the camera socket correctly without having to push it in.

I'd suggest it's worth trying the remote whilst pushing on the connector to see if it's not sitting in the camera socket far enough. If that's the case the plastic on the connector is not fitting into the shroud around the socket.

Good luck mate.

Regards,

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 08-11-2016 at 08:25 PM.
08-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #279
Veteran Member

My K-1 got stuck in MF mode for a few times.
Lens attached are FA31, and F35-70

Not able to solve by: Changing lens, cleaning contact points, power off, battery out
Solve the problem by: Removing SD card and insert again
Happen time: unkown
08-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #280

My K1 have White pixel issue as many D810 have.

Last edited by PiotrKrochmal; 08-12-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: 810 not 800
08-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #281
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
My K1 have White pixel issue as many D810 have.
did the test with my K-1. Shots were processed in LR: exposure +3, Clarity +50, Sharpening and Noise reduction OFF. Two 30s pictures, one 20s, 10s and 5s picture showed the same pattern of visible color pixels, but less visible in 5s picture. They changed the location in 2,5s, 1s and 1/30s pictures. The pattern of color pixels were different in last 3 pictures. So, are there white pixel issue?
08-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #282

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Sigma 70-200 HSM Macro II doesn't work with K-1 (although may be a Sigma issue, maybe Ricoh can confirm?).
This can be fixed by a firmware update to the lens by Sigma. They've done it to my lens and the issue has gone
08-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #283

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
did the test with my K-1. Shots were processed in LR: exposure +3, Clarity +50, Sharpening and Noise reduction OFF. Two 30s pictures, one 20s, 10s and 5s picture showed the same pattern of visible color pixels, but less visible in 5s picture. They changed the location in 2,5s, 1s and 1/30s pictures. The pattern of color pixels were different in last 3 pictures. So, are there white pixel issue?
I had been trying to make some falling stars photos as in night of 12/13th was peak of intensity of them.
As I wrote, I read about that issue @ GetDPI forum.
gallery of them for download is here (1:1 crops)
below you will find what I got.
white pixels are white pixels.
below you will find some 1:1 crops in LR.
Problem is not so simple as I thought at beginning.

Most obvious @ ISO800 @114s very clearly visible in my shadow:

@some settings there are far less of them.
And @ some there almost not white pixels:
here ISO 3200 @30s

@ 15min shot I cannot see them @ ISO100

So finaly I set camera to interval shot 50x30s combinethem is PS @ simple white first and got:

So at this moment I thing that this issue can be solved by firmware update as there is no consistency in it.
Wait for Ricoh reply
08-16-2016, 04:49 AM   #284
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback to Display settings

On my K7 there was the option to display two images (magnified or not) at the same time. I've used that very often and it helped me a lot in my workflow.
I would appreciate very much, if such an option will be available in a further K1 release, if possible.
Thank you!

Last edited by exposeric; 08-16-2016 at 08:36 AM.
08-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
I've had this with various lenses as well. Seems to work fine on one, not so well on another.

In all cases for me it has turned out to be dirty contacts. Take a Q-Tip moistened with rubbing alcohol and clean all the electrical contacts on the lens AND the camera. I also run the Q-Tip all around the surface of the lens mounts to remove any dirt there too.
I have the same problem with one lens, a Tamron 28-75 "A09", brand new. I followed your advice, cleaned the whole mount of the K-1 and lens but it doesn't help. I suspect a problem with the lens' aperture ring. When on any aperture value (other than "A"), "F--" is blinking in the viewfinder. When set to "A", I have to continuously apply a "rotative pressure" to see the lens communicate with the body, otherwise "F--" is still blinking. I just tested this lens on a K-r, and the same problem occur.