Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #286
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ariis Quote
I have the same problem with one lens, a Tamron 28-75 "A09", brand new. I followed your advice, cleaned the whole mount of the K-1 and lens but it doesn't help. I suspect a problem with the lens' aperture ring. When on any aperture value (other than "A"), "F--" is blinking in the viewfinder. When set to "A", I have to continuously apply a "rotative pressure" to see the lens communicate with the body, otherwise "F--" is still blinking. I just tested this lens on a K-r, and the same problem occur.
I had a similar problem with an old Sigma lens on my K-3. Putting pressure upwards on the lens would break the contacts. I found tightening the 3 ring mounting screws on the lens fixed my problem. Obviously don't overtighten them but nipping them up could be worth a try.

08-24-2016, 01:13 AM   #287
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
I had been trying to make some falling stars photos as in night of 12/13th was peak of intensity of them.
As I wrote, I read about that issue @ GetDPI forum.
gallery of them for download is here (1:1 crops)
below you will find what I got.
white pixels are white pixels.
below you will find some 1:1 crops in LR.
Problem is not so simple as I thought at beginning.

Most obvious @ ISO800 @114s very clearly visible in my shadow:

@some settings there are far less of them.
And @ some there almost not white pixels:
here ISO 3200 @30s

@ 15min shot I cannot see them @ ISO100

So finaly I set camera to interval shot 50x30s combinethem is PS @ simple white first and got:

So at this moment I thing that this issue can be solved by firmware update as there is no consistency in it.
Wait for Ricoh reply
FYI, my K-1 doesn't have white dot issue problem in any conditions during my astro photography.
DSP Firmware Version : 1.20.21.09
Production Code : 2.2
Manufacture Date : 2016:06:24
I am using it for almost one month 800+ shots, around 10% of them is astrophotography with or without astrotracer, maximum exposure was 5 minutes and not a single hint in any photo of a so-called white dot issue.
For more info see my comments here: Does the Pentax K-1 also has the white dots issue during long exposures? | Pentax Rumors
08-25-2016, 06:56 AM   #288
Veteran Member

Has this happened to any of you?

I set interval shooting for 240 frames x 30sec RAW files and left camera to expose those. In a mistake I did not check the battery level (which was about 75% I guess) before initiating the sequence. Battery got depleted in the end of the sequence which resulted in loss of all images in the series. Recovery software (SanDisk one) could not find anything from the card. Shouldn't those images be written one by one?

---------- Post added 08-25-16 at 06:59 AM ----------

Another more or less common issue with in-camera multiexposure shooting (RAW) with average blending: Some output files have very high level of magenta in the image which LR is not able to remove with any setting available. This has happened few times with +100 frame ME stacks.
08-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #289

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Another more or less common issue with in-camera multiexposure shooting (RAW) with average blending: Some output files have very high level of magenta in the image which LR is not able to remove with any setting available. This has happened few times with +100 frame ME stacks.
I haven't shot that high a level of MEs so I have not experienced this (I'm usually down in the 20-40 range). However I wonder if you load the same RAW into Digital Camera Utility if you would get that color cast. I read somewhere that LR doesn't handle pixel shift well, for example, and injects some color cast. But load it into DCU then export as a TIF and all is well. Just a thought/reach.

08-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #290
Veteran Member

Yes LR fails with PS it anything moves (no support for motion correction). But I shall try DCU with those RAWs. Multiexposure RAWs do not support PS BTW.
08-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #291

Yes LR fails with PS it anything moves (no support for motion correction). But I shall try DCU with those RAWs. Multiexposure RAWs do not support PS BTW.
Yes I know that. Again it is just a reach of a suggestion to give it a try and see what happens.
08-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #292
Veteran Member

DCU did not help. Here is a link to example of that magenta cast. Do not care about clarity, the image was inside a collection into which I pasted development settings in LR to see how they looked.

http://mjkoski.1g.fi/kuvat/Miscellaneous/trash/_IMG1074.jpg/_full.jpg

And before someone again yells I am trolling or something I have the freaking RAW file which I can provide to Pentax/Ricoh if they ask for it. It will not be shared in public.

08-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #293
Unregistered User

DCU did not help. Here is a link to example of that magenta cast. Do not care about clarity, the image was inside a collection into which I pasted development settings in LR to see how they looked.

http://mjkoski.1g.fi/kuvat/Miscellaneous/trash/_IMG1074.jpg/_full.jpg

And before someone again yells I am trolling or something I have the freaking RAW file which I can provide to Pentax/Ricoh if they ask for it. It will not be shared in public.
I can't find your original post, can you explain how this image is taken? I have not seen any color casts in any of my images taken so far and I shoot in many different scenarios. (Shutter count 30000)
08-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #294
Veteran Member

It says that in the image itself...but. 150 frame multiexposure in-camera using average blending. I have another 150 frame ME taken just after and it has no issues. I got loads of other magenta ridden examples as well.
08-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #295
Unregistered User

It says that in the image itself...but. 150 frame multiexposure in-camera using average blending. I have another 150 frame ME taken just after and it has no issues. I got loads of other magenta ridden examples as well.
IT did not mention in camera processing... Now I know. What does ME stand for? And also what does LE stand for, I have seen it used in the white dot thread.

---------- Post added 08-25-16 at 10:31 PM ----------

Also one more question when I am at it. Do you cover your viewfinder?

Last edited by Unregistered User; 08-25-2016 at 02:00 PM.
08-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #296
Veteran Member

Yes I did cover the viewfinder with the plastic cover which came with the camera. But as it leaks light, I always cover the setup with black cloth.

---------- Post added 08-25-16 at 01:39 PM ----------

And, sorry, ME = Multi Exposure, LE = Long Exposure
08-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #297
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DCU did not help. Here is a link to example of that magenta cast.
I had dozens of images I took on my AK trip with the same color cast. Did not know why my images looked so muddy, and could not figure out how to fix the issue.

I've not had time to revisit them, but hope I can correct the issue with a WB adjustment or adjustment layer.
08-26-2016, 01:15 AM   #298
Veteran Member

Colors are so severely messed up that I found data to be usable with BW conversions only.
08-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #299
Pentaxian

Colors are so severely messed up that I found data to be usable with BW conversions only.
Sounds like an old bug from the K-5 has surfaced again. ME with the K5 often gives an purple colorcast that goes off the white balance scale.

See
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/143489-wb-when-doing-multiexposure.html
08-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #300
Veteran Member

Whoa. Yes. Except that K-1 shows the purple/magenta cast straight in-camera as well. The RAW preview image already appears corrupted and so is the file when opened in Adobe product / DCU.