Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 03:35 AM   #376
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Auto (Scene Analyze) mode

On my K-1, in Auto (Scene Analyze) mode, the camera sets shutter and aperture exposure levels, but keeps whatever ISO level was last selected in Manual mode. This is unlike my K-3 where shutter, aperture, and ISO levels are all subject to change in Auto/green mode. In other words, Auto mode seems to behave like Sv (Sensitivity priority) mode. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this behavior or has any idea why this is occurring.

01-02-2017, 04:09 AM   #377
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine does the same. Sounds normal to me. If you dont want the camera to remember the last ISO setting used then turn off ISO in the "memory" setting. This means it will revert to auto ISO whenever you turn on the camera in any exposure mode.
01-29-2017, 06:44 AM - 3 Likes   #378

QuoteOriginally posted by Meg4mi Quote
I have got mine replaced cause of "Mode dial Failure" problem.

But on the new one, there is a noise i find strange and i'm really not sure it was there on the previous one.
When I half-press the shutter there is the electromagnets that activate to maintain the sensor and if I release the shutter I can hear a "clunk", i believe that is the sensor that is taking is place back because the electromagnets have stopped working. This happen wether SR is OFF or ON.
I can clearly hear this "clunk" noise after each picture i take, just after i have fully pressed the shutter.
This sound is kinda loud and i can feel it resonating through the entire body.

Does your K-1 make this noise (SR off/on, and after each shutter) as well ?

Thx in advance for your answers.
To keep you updated on that particular "problem".
I've send my k-1 under warranty for another problem (loose grip) and pentax detected an anormal sound when you release the shutter, they told me it was the first time they had something like that and because of that, they are going to send it to japan for further analysis.
Long story short: they replace my body.
02-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #379
Pentaxian

Seems to be a bug in exposure calculation in LV when AE is set to continuous, diverging AE calculation algorithm, exposure value varies up to 2 stops without any change of incoming light. I guess no one found this bug, because it is unlikely that anyone is using continuous AE and LV.

02-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #380
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Seems to be a bug in exposure calculation in LV when AE is set to continuous, diverging AE calculation algorithm, exposure value varies up to 2 stops without any change of incoming light. I guess no one found this bug, because it is unlikely that anyone is using continuous AE and LV.
Ok you have got me. What is continuous AE ?
02-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #381
Unregistered User

The GPS does not show correct altitude if going below sea level. 400 m below sea level reads as 400 m ABOVE sea level ...

(Dead Sea / Jordan-Israel-Palestine)
02-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
What is continuous AE ?
You can set the exposure metering time to 3 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds or continuous. The exposure metering is set to continuous, the camera AE and AF never go to standby mode, so that the camera respond faster to pressing the shutter or AF buttons, this mode is less energy efficient. When I shoot wildlife (long lens + grip), I set AE metering to Continuous, that's how I'm able to get in-focus birds taking off. I also happened to use ES (LV mode) when possible, continuous AE remained active as base setting, I noticed that the shutter speed / iso / fstop very moving all over the place.

02-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #383

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosimo Quote
The dreaded mode dial stuck in M happened last week. It wouldn’t select anything but ‘M’.

The serial number in the 6356xxx range.

Body sent back to Pentax UK for warranty repair.

They replaced the mode dial assembly, put on 1.40 firmware and did a check/test.

The body was with them for two days and is now back with me.

Very impressed by their speedy repair/return.
--------
Well well, this week my cam got stucked to on the M in the dial. Very strange. Anyhow, today i sent it to the shop where i bought it here in the Netherlands to be sent to France. Very! strange.

Also sent my K-01, which was rarely used, in nov 2016. Today i understood that it cost €225 to be fixed. Shutter stucked, i thought. I bought the K-01 for €275 on fathers day, brand new at a Pentax repr. shop. So, no K-01 any more cause i aint paying a repair which is about the new price.

And my biggest confusion. I also sent my 85mmSoft lens cause from f8 on its not sharp as it should be. Here, at Pentax France, they say: we can't fix it cause we
don't have the parts for it.

HELP.
Any one any suggestion here for me???
02-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #384
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sweets Quote

And my biggest confusion. I also sent my 85mmSoft lens cause from f8 on its not sharp as it should be. Here, at Pentax France, they say: we can't fix it cause we

HELP.
It's a vintage lens, Sweets, so you'll have to find a shop that attempts such repairs.
02-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #385

Also sent my K-01, which was rarely used, in nov 2016. Today i understood that it cost €225 to be fixed. Shutter stucked, i thought. I bought the K-01 for €275 on fathers day, brand new at a Pentax repr. shop. So, no K-01 any more cause i aint paying a repair which is about the new price.

Was the K-01 still under warranty? When is Father's Day? June? June to November is only about 5 months.

A soft focus lens not being sharp? Isn't that expected?
02-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #386

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Was the K-01 still under warranty? When is Father's Day? June? June to November is only about 5 months.

A soft focus lens not being sharp? Isn't that expected?
The SMC FA 85mmSoft F2.8 should be razorsharp from F8 upward.
By design.

---------- Post added 02-10-17 at 12:34 AM ----------

The SMC FA 85mmSoft F2.8 should be razorsharp from F8 upward.
By design.
And furthermore, Pentax France communicates ONLY! in french. Even the dutch authorized dealer had problems communicating with them. Nobody! speaks even English at Pentax France repairs.
Well well, to me this is just BAD, VERY BAD.
To get my unrepaired! cam and lens back, I have to pay €125.
Very! BAD!
So I asked my authorized Pentax reseller: is this also the case with other brands? Answer: only! Pentax. Sony, Nikon and Canon has offices in the Netherlands. Never a problem.
In 2004 and before and shortly after, Pentax had their dutch office in Breda here inbthe Netherlands. I even went there with my istD and lenses. Great! service it was.
From when ibwas 18, I used Pentax. 30years long.
Time changes, situations changes and businesses also.
I think is time that I, as a Pentaxian start changing to, I think now.
Brand loyal and promoting as I was, with this experience now, maybe it's time for me to turn my back and invest in another brand?
I just feel forced tobdobso with this BAD! service. I think I have to, don't you???
02-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #387

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosimo Quote
The dreaded mode dial stuck in M happened last week. It wouldn’t select anything but ‘M’.

The serial number in the 6356xxx range.

Body sent back to Pentax UK for warranty repair.

They replaced the mode dial assembly, put on 1.40 firmware and did a check/test.

The body was with them for two days and is now back with me.

Very impressed by their speedy repair/return.

My serial is in the 6359xxx range. Same problem.
Sent in for repair under warranty on febr.8, 2017.
02-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #388

QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
The serial number is in the range 6359xxx.

Wonder what result you got / what status?
Is your cam repaired now?
02-10-2017, 06:49 AM   #389
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
--------
Well well, this week my cam got stucked to on the M in the dial. Very strange. Anyhow, today i sent it to the shop where i bought it here in the Netherlands to be sent to France. Very! strange.

HELP.
Doesn't refusal to repair under warranty opens them for a lawsuit? I though EU had customer protection policies. If the situation is indeed how you describe it, it seems strange that they'd outright refuse to fix it under warranty. Unless you've dropped it? I haven't had a chance to deal with Pentax warranty thank God, but some of the reports on the forum are not very encouraging..

---------- Post added 02-10-17 at 07:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Doesn't refusal to repair under warranty opens them for a lawsuit? I though EU had customer protection policies. If the situation is indeed how you describe it, it seems strange that they'd outright refuse to fix it under warranty. Unless you've dropped it? I haven't had a chance to deal with Pentax warranty thank God, but some of the reports on the forum are not very encouraging..
Or camera was refurbished model sold with limited warranty? I think other brand do that, refurbished body with like 3 months warranty.
02-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #390

BUG:
AF/MF switch: after first winter shooting in -8C plastic cover went off. I will add picture tomorrow.

File naming improve:
1. Can we go over 8 letters files? I prefer to have longer names it is 2017! not DOS time
2. can we get Pixel Shift and HDR files names with prefix?