Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote

Try cleaning the contacts of the lenses. This happens to me on my workhorse lenses every couple/few months depending on use.

I'll clean the camera contacts at the same time of course, but the K1 shouldn't need that.
Well, I gave the contacts a good scrub and sure enough, five successive power-ons and no trace of the focal length question. Thanks for the advice, please retract my observation.

05-06-2016, 06:57 AM   #32

The Sigma 50-500 4.5/6.3 APE DG HSM works nicely, but the K1, in automatic crop mode, selects APS-C crop, even if the lens itself is FF compatible.
Can be easily changed manually, but it would be nice to have it fixed in a later fw release.
05-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by nass_43 Quote
The Sigma 50-500 4.5/6.3 APE DG HSM works nicely, but the K1, in automatic crop mode, selects APS-C crop, even if the lens itself is FF compatible.
Can be easily changed manually, but it would be nice to have it fixed in a later fw release.
That feature only works on Pentax glass (currently?). None of my Sigma lenses are recognized as FF.
05-06-2016, 07:57 AM   #34

After fiddling with Wifi, now it worked. The wifi of the phone ( i mean not the sign up on the APP ) was making a pop up that i didn't see, telling that the connection is done but without internet, so i cliked don't show me anymore and now it works !

05-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MattCard Quote
After fiddling with Wifi, now it worked. The wifi of the phone ( i mean not the sign up on the APP ) was making a pop up that i didn't see, telling that the connection is done but without internet, so i cliked don't show me anymore and now it works !
What phone does that, Matt?

05-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
What phone does that, Matt?
Nexus 5X. Maybe it was just me doing something wrong, but it seems to be ok now. Checked the pop up ( don't remember exactly what it said). Looks like the phone was asking if i wanted to connect even if there was no internet connection with this wifi.
05-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #37

I had some kind of metering issue with the D FA 100mm macro WR attached. The camera was set to AV mode and it gave me 4 sec exposure-time with F2.8 and ISO 400 outside, sunny day. Changing modes, ISO or aperture did not fix it. Not until I rebooted the camera did I get proper function again. Has not happened more than once.

05-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
I had some kind of metering issue with the D FA 100mm macro WR attached. The camera was set to AV mode and it gave me 4 sec exposure-time with F2.8 and ISO 400 outside, sunny day. Changing modes, ISO or aperture did not fix it. Not until I rebooted the camera did I get proper function again. Has not happened more than once.

Sounds as though the lens-camera electrical contacts didn't register/communicate/contact properly

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-09-2016 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Inadvertently moved by moderator, then re-merged
05-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Nexus 5X. Maybe it was just me doing something wrong, but it seems to be ok now. Checked the pop up ( don't remember exactly what it said). Looks like the phone was asking if i wanted to connect even if there was no internet connection with this wifi.

Right. I've not seen that message, and that Nexus should have a fairly 'pure' Android install on it.
05-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #40

I hardly had any problems with my nexuses, i was surprised a bit, but now it works really perfect, kind of cool to focus with the phone screen, even if i will rarely use this fonction
05-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #41

pixel shift photo have horizontal lines when shooting indoor under Fluorescent lamp or tube, If shooting outdoor with sunlight, it's perfect!!!
05-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #42
Pentaxian

I hardly had any problems with my nexuses, i was surprised a bit, but now it works really perfect, kind of cool to focus with the phone screen, even if i will rarely use this fonction
The Flucard did that. Touch a spot, it focuses on it.

A question. Does the wifi app give access to the range of shooting modes? Bulb, delay, multiple shots, etc?
05-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote

A question. Does the wifi app give access to the range of shooting modes? Bulb, delay, multiple shots, etc?
Single shot only, Derekkite.
05-09-2016, 02:48 AM   #44
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bksliu Quote
pixel shift photo have horizontal lines when shooting indoor under Fluorescent lamp or tube, If shooting outdoor with sunlight, it's perfect!!!
Fluoro lights flicker on and off at 100 times/sec @ 50Hz (120/s for 60Hz in US) if the first exposure is quick enough to capture an on off period of the light and the second exposure is at a different part of the cycle you may get bars on the image. Just a possibility.

Try slowing the shutter speed down and see if that makes a difference.
05-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by Flasher Quote
Fluoro lights flicker on and off at 100 times/sec @ 50Hz (120/s for 60Hz in US) if the first exposure is quick enough to capture an on off period of the light and the second exposure is at a different part of the cycle you may get bars on the image. Just a possibility.

Try slowing the shutter speed down and see if that makes a difference.
thanks flasher, i will try