Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #76
Marketplace Reseller

@TAS I would suggest you have a faulty lens, likely something simple as a circuit board needing to be replaced, However if you can produce the same issue with other lenses then its the camera body that is faulty. Anyhow until you can create the same issue on other lenses blame the lens.

08-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #77
Pentaxian

According to Exif the exposure mode is ”Manual” so the camera isn’t supposed to change anything.

The aperture change may be that the when reviewing a picture you use the wheel to zoom and sometimes one accidently “zoom” when not I review mode and thus unknowingly change aperture. A wild guess, but it has happened to me more than once.
08-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #78
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
@TAS I would suggest you have a faulty lens, likely something simple as a circuit board needing to be replaced, However if you can produce the same issue with other lenses then its the camera body that is faulty. Anyhow until you can create the same issue on other lenses blame the lens.
Cheers Mike, a logical approach to identifiy potential causes and eliminate each in turn to find the culprit. I'm not aware of it occurring with other lenses but I will go back through and check for this and keep an eye on it for the future.

Thanks I appreciate your help.

Tas

---------- Post added 08-10-16 at 02:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
According to Exif the exposure mode is ”Manual” so the camera isn’t supposed to change anything.

The aperture change may be that the when reviewing a picture you use the wheel to zoom and sometimes one accidently “zoom” when not I review mode and thus unknowingly change aperture. A wild guess, but it has happened to me more than once.
G'day, thanks for assisting with my query.

In the EXIF the 'Exposure mode' does indicate manual though I'm not sure what this is referring to as above that you will see 'Exposure' and it identifies 'Shutter priority (semi-auto)'. I'm not sure why there are two but the images were captured in shutter priority (Tv) mode which is consistent with how the mode is identified in LR6 (not CC) as well.

I did shoot in manual earlier in the day but as the cloud built it was better to use Tv and monitor the histogram for underexposure so I could bump the ISO as needed. This approach reduced the number of things to concentrate on and is why I'm stumped as to what is going on. Though it would be embarrassing, me making the mistake in manual would be preferable.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 08-09-2016 at 09:39 PM.
08-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've lost the SR badge on the front of the K-1 where can I get another one? They obviously were'nt stuck on very well.

08-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #80

Is this a joke.?
08-12-2016, 08:53 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by henry8 Quote
Is this a joke.?
No joke, it's come off and gone missing. I've sent an email to CR Kennedy to see if I can get a replacement.
08-15-2016, 04:06 AM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I got an answer:

Hello Bob,

Sorry but I do not have this badge in stock as a spare part.

I will be able to obtain this from Pentax/Ricoh but it will probably be 4-6 weeks before I receive my next part order.

Please provide your mailing address and Iíll send you one of these at no charge as soon as they arrive.

Kind regards,

Rob Grunden

Consumer support/Photographic spare parts

http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/images/siglogo/crk_consumer_2016_sig_logo.jpg
11-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #83
Tas
Site Supporter

K-1 returned after check for mirror issue

In the other K-1 'issues' thread I posted the fact that I had an intermittent fault where the mirror would not lock up when selecting the Live-view button.

Other's experienced the same, there's even a photo it as well as the shoddy images I tried to capture of it. I persisted with the camera until two weeks ago then set it in to be checked out. I even provided an email with the form threads and the photos I took of it along with a really detailed description of the issue and my experience of it.

Alas it's an intermittent fault and subsequently I got the old 'was unable to replicate the problem, camera functioning normal' report.

I'm going to pick up the camera now and before I jump on a 1000cc motorcycle I wanted the opportunity to vent. Never ride angry...

I invested a lot in this camera and new lenses too, so I'm disappointed with this outcome as I was hoping it would be resolved and my K-1 and I could live happily ever after. For now it's wait and see if it completely fails. Hopefully that will never be an issue, but thought I'd take bets:

I bought the camera on the 10th of May, what are the odds that it will be fine until the 11th of May 2017?

Tas

11-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #84
edo
Forum Member

My K1 has a bad distance of the sensor. The focal plane is not exact. I cannot reach infinity with short wide angle like 24mm and wider.
I sent for repair under warranty from the pentax store. They kept the body all 3 months and now they give it back they changed the auto focus module! Those genius did nothing to cure it. I am mad!
11-04-2016, 06:06 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote

I'll add the observation that according to the Exif data, not only is exposure mode at "manual," but the lens has changed focal length from as little as 20mm to over 2500mm, and the aperture recorded ranges from f5 to f22. It's a wonder the lens wasn't sending out sparks form the circuit board.

---------- Post added 11-04-16 at 09:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I'll add the observation that according to the Exif data, not only is exposure mode at "manual," but the lens has changed focal length from as little as 20mm to over 2500mm*, and the aperture recorded ranges from f5 to f22. It's a wonder the lens wasn't sending out sparks form the circuit board.
* Where did you get a 20 to 2500mm zoom? I want one.
11-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #86
Site Supporter

Unable to update firmware from 1.3 to 1.4

Hi folks,
I have tried unsuccessfully to update the firmware many times. The bin file (fwdc228b.bin) is loaded on the SD card (slot 1) and every time I press the menu button and slide the "on" to begin the "update" I get nothing. I have done previous updates with no problem at all. I seek help in fixing this problem. I have a Pentax K1

Many thanks in advance
Brian Rayment

Last edited by CaptnHammer; 11-25-2016 at 05:21 PM.
11-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #87
Tas
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CaptnHammer Quote
Hi folks,
I have tried unsuccessfully to update the firmware many times. The bin file (fwdc225b.bin) is loaded on the SD card (slot 1) and every time I press the menu button and slide the "on" to begin the "update" I get nothing. I have done previous updates with no problem at all. I seek help in fixing this problem. I have a Pentax K1

Many thanks in advance
Brian Rayment
Reformat the card in the camera then reload the card with the .bin file. Of coruse, don't forget the usual suspects; charged battery, file in the root directory of the card not in a folder.

It loaded without a hitch for me so it's likely to be something simple to resolve.
11-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #88

QuoteOriginally posted by CaptnHammer Quote
Hi folks,
I have tried unsuccessfully to update the firmware many times. The bin file (fwdc225b.bin),,t
i think you have the wrong update the filename is fwdc228b.bin

the downloaded zip file is k1_v140.zip 8777101 Byte. There is the file in fwdc228b.bin with 18880016 Bytes.

check your files and dont use the wrong ones by renaming
11-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #89
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
i think you have the wrong update the filename is fwdc228b.bin

the downloaded zip file is k1_v140.zip 8777101 Byte. There is the file in fwdc228b.bin with 18880016 Bytes.

check your files and dont use the wrong ones by renaming
My mistake, it is the fwdc228b.bin that I have loaded on the SD card
11-26-2016, 01:06 AM   #90

Have you put it in the root directrory not in DCIM?