Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #1

Problem with Image Sync app on Apple

Those of you who have already K1, have you tried the wifi connection with Image Sync app on an Apple product? Is it working as advertised?
Because I tried on 3 different iPads/iPhone and on each I have the same bug. I do not see the image I am taking in the app. Black screen. I can move around the focus point, but I don't know what I am focusing on. I can change all the settings through the app, I see the photo after it has been taken, but I don't see what I'm photographing.
I have the camera set on single frame drive and tried LV on/off on the camera with the same result.
Any more ideas? Does it behave the same on Android?
Thanks
ksm

05-02-2016, 04:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
Those of you who have already K1, have you tried the wifi connection with Image Sync app on an Apple product? Is it working as advertised?
Because I tried on 3 different iPads/iPhone and on each I have the same bug. I do not see the image I am taking in the app. Black screen. I can move around the focus point, but I don't know what I am focusing on. I can change all the settings through the app, I see the photo after it has been taken, but I don't see what I'm photographing.
I have the camera set on single frame drive and tried LV on/off on the camera with the same result.
Any more ideas? Does it behave the same on Android?
Thanks
ksm
I found the same problem if I use chrome on the Iphone,
If you use Safari everything worked O K
Use Chrome on Android

Last edited by honey bo bo; 05-02-2016 at 05:29 AM. Reason: additional
05-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #3
ksm

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
I found the same problem if I use chrome on the Iphone,
If you use Safari everything worked O K
Thank you honey bo bo, but I am not using chrome. I had it installed once, but then I deleted it...
is there any specific setting on iPhone, that I am missing?
05-02-2016, 05:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
Thank you honey bo bo, but I am not using chrome. I had it installed once, but then I deleted it...
is there any specific setting on iPhone, that I am missing?
Not that I'm aware of. Safari works on mine.

05-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
ksm

Original Poster
I found out finally. it was not the iPhone issue, I had composition adjustment enabled on the camera. That's why it didn't show any image. I turned it off and now it works perfectly. It could be though mentioned in the app to disable it.
08-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are multiple problems with Image Sync on Nexus 5 with the K1. Connecting is often difficult and the move functions are impossible to use if you do get a picture taken. The icons appear only very briefly. This is on Android 6.0.1. Using Legacy DHCP seems to help the basic communications. Ricoh/Pentax dropped the ball on this one.