Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 04:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you're into astrophotography, I wouldn't hesitate to get the Sigma 35mm F1.4 right away. The versatility of the great image quality combined with the fast aperture can't be matched by anything in the current Pentax lineup, in my opinion.

Be sure to visit these resources for additional guidance:
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com
Pentax Review Home - PentaxForums.com
Get the 35mm F1.4 next pay day .(The K1 is a bit further from being in my hands).

What is people's experience with it as an astro lens? One of my worries was that it would be too heavy to be ideal and maybe I should have spend the extra on the FA 31mm. BTW I have a chunky Manfrotto 055 tripod and a Manfrotto joystick head to mount it on.

05-04-2016, 08:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FtYoU Quote
If the DA* 200mm works on FF, it would be really nice to have also ! I will do my research.
Here's a couple of examples of the bokeh and sharpness. It fits the K-1 really nicely.

The hood is LARGE, but does a great job of protecting the front element from rain/mud (evidence around edge of hood...) and works without problem on FF. It also is solid enough to aid hand-holding the lens, giving a greater length to grab.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by phoebus; 05-04-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added detail
05-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #18

Original Poster
Oh Wow you guys are amazing !
I can't respond to every single messages but I must confess I got more confuse on what to get aha !
As I understand the sigma perform really well, but the limited series is the heart of Pentax and I will be missing out if I do not own at least one.

I agree the 70-200mm will be too much for me in terms of size and range.
The 15-30mm WR is still on my list as well as the two SIGMA 35 and 85, the 77mm limited, the DA* 200mm looks amazing at the long end.

Tough choices ....

I might order multiple lens at a time and test them for a few days before returning the one I do not like....

SIGMA 35 - 31mm limited - D FA 15-30 WR
SIGMA 85 - 77mm limited
100mm macro WR - DA 200mm
05-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FtYoU Quote
I was considering the 100mm macro indeed. If the DA* 200mm works on FF, it would be really nice to have also ! I will do my research.
Ricoh says it should. The K-1 has a dedicated set of correction profiles for it.

This is something that we will be testing in depth (as well as all other DA lenses), as many users are waiting to get a definitive answer.

Also, a forum trick: if you highlight a part of another person's post, you'll see a context menu that allows you to quickly quote it in your reply. This makes replying to multiple posts much easier. Plus, the posters you quote will all receive a notification

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Also, a forum trick: if you highlight a part of another person's post, you'll see a context menu that allows you to quickly quote it in your reply. This makes replying to multiple posts much easier. Plus, the posters you quote will all receive a notification
Thanks Adam for the trick !!