Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
After catching Adam's alert, yesterday evening, I slept on the decision, then placed a K-1 order with Adorama off their website around 6:00am. Got a UPS tracking number at 6:00p. I've bought lots of gear from Adorama and B&H over the years and have never been disappointed. I have no reason to feel this order will take a different turn.

Cheers... M
M, I am curious, did the order number on your original invoice match the order number on the shipping notice? My tracking number arrived about the same time yours did. I have always had good luck with both Adorama and B&H also.

05-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #17
Forum Member

I too saw the post last night and slept on in (or didn't sleep on it much) and placed the order about 6:30 A.M. mountain time. I got a confirmation email with a tracking number, but the order still says "pending." I've never ordered from Adorama before, but I will be disappointed if they advertised that it was in stock, but it wasn't. I will call them in the morning.

Looking forward to this camera, though, whenever it arrives! Also got a couple of new lenses, the Rokinon 24 f/1.4 for astrophotography and landscapes (should be a good match to the K-1), and the DA 50 1.7 which, from what I understand, is supported on the larger format.
05-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #18
Forum Member

Update: Adorama did eventually come through for me, and my camera shipped today. They blamed the backorder email and the delay on the fact that they were verifying new customers for large purchases.
05-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #19

M, it matters to me because I have never received a shipping notice email that includes a link to the website where the website says the order does not exist. That is a bit of a red flag to me that the order might have fallen through the cracks. Thanks for the reassurance that your order also has different order numbers. The tracking site now says my order will arrive on Monday, I look forward to it