Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

K1 Pixel Shift

Whilst I'm still getting my head around this I seem to remember a video about this, but can't find it. The video shows the K1 in a garden setting and the user of the pre production model tries taking a photo in pixel shift. The LCD display on the back of the camera shows 4 different images and then the final version. On my K1 after I take the photo all I get is a progress bar and a flashing "processing" message.

Perhaps its because I'm not using live view or maybe need to adjust some settings. Any one else noticed this?

Tim

05-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tjstimbo Quote
Whilst I'm still getting my head around this I seem to remember a video about this, but can't find it. The video shows the K1 in a garden setting and the user of the pre production model tries taking a photo in pixel shift. The LCD display on the back of the camera shows 4 different images and then the final version. On my K1 after I take the photo all I get is a progress bar and a flashing "processing" message.

Perhaps its because I'm not using live view or maybe need to adjust some settings. Any one else noticed this?

Tim

???

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 10:03 AM ----------

It's easy to find - go to youtube, put K-1 pixel shift into searching line and push left button of mouse - loupe symbol.
05-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by tjstimbo Quote

Tim
They could have changed the behavior on the production model. I'll test it in a sec on mine...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #4

I see the 4 images on mine, but it does go away pretty fast. Just before the progress bar.

05-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
ogl
Banned

I remember Pictures went away

05-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Looks like the production model behaves exactly as before. I'm shown the 4 frames prior to the processing message.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
OK I've worked it out. I have instant review turned off, turning it on will give me the 4 frames in pixel shift. So everything normal.

Thanks

Tim