Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 397
Dark Red Rose by K1

Hey, Happy K1 Owners,
Just curious to see your shot of the object described above - Dark red rose.

The one below was taken with K20D; no PP, just a little bit sharpness.

Can K1 do a better job with red?

Thank you!


05-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,772
OMG!! What an awesome photograph. I think I may have just fallen in love with the k-20.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Tonytee

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-09-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
05-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,253
I'll let you know when my roses start blooming in another month or so...
05-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Dr_who's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 686
You could give me a medium format camera and I might not be able to take a "better" picture. Camera is a tool, it's the one behind the camera who takes the photo

05-09-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: viking country
Photos: Albums
Posts: 272
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
You could give me a medium format camera and I might not be able to take a "better" picture. Camera is a tool, it's the one behind the camera who takes the photo
You're just trying to get someone to give you a 645z!

But I agree, people tend to think the camera is some sort of magical creature that will do all the work for them. It really is just a tool, but a slightly better tool than we have had affordable before...
05-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,772
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
I'll let you know when my roses start blooming in another month or so...
Well, thank you I am looking forward to it.

Tonytee
05-09-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
johnhilvert's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Canberra, ACT
Posts: 170
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Hey, Happy K1 Owners,
Just curious to see your shot of the object described above - Dark red rose.

The one below was taken with K20D; no PP, just a little bit sharpness.

Can K1 do a better job with red?

Thank you!
I think the subtle colors and tonal range are a consequence of your soft indirect lighting as much as your skills with the K20D.

All things being equal the K1 would offer the same but with higher resolution and less noise in my view.
05-10-2016, 04:52 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,315
That's actually a very interesting post. Red channels are often problematic for DSLRs, of any brand. Red flowers can be worst case scenario, so this is a decent test. I'd like to see some photos of red objects in various light settings with K-1

05-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #9
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Goldsboro North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 295
Here's a rose taken with my K10D and M 50mm f1.7. No PP except resizing and a tiny bit of sharpening. Oh, and reduced gamma a bit.
Attached Images
 
05-10-2016, 06:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 74
I have noticed that the K-1 does a beautiful job with reds. The colors are so rich and don't have that tendency to blow out! I am anxious to see how it handles yellows, as that is another color I feel dslr's struggle with at times.
05-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 397
Original Poster
Hi Folks,
Thank you all for the comments and thoughts, but....where are the roses out of K1?...Those who faced with such dilemma (managing red and all the shades of red) would understand the reason of such request.
For those who is new, try to take a shot of a Dark Red Rose.

Hopefully somebody of the K1 owners will spend some time to take a shot.

Thank you
Vasyl

---------- Post added 10-05-16 at 06:59 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
I'll let you know when my roses start blooming in another month or so...
Thank you. Looking forward to see that and your experience.

---------- Post added 10-05-16 at 07:01 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
OMG!! What an awesome photograph. I think I may have just fallen in love with the k-20.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Tonytee
Thank you, Tonytee! :-)
I still keep this camera, hopefully my daughter will fall in love with it too...:-)

---------- Post added 10-05-16 at 07:02 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
I have noticed that the K-1 does a beautiful job with reds. The colors are so rich and don't have that tendency to blow out! I am anxious to see how it handles yellows, as that is another color I feel dslr's struggle with at times.
Thank you, walro.

Any sample images with red out of K1 or link would be useful.

---------- Post added 10-05-16 at 07:03 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
That's actually a very interesting post. Red channels are often problematic for DSLRs, of any brand. Red flowers can be worst case scenario, so this is a decent test. I'd like to see some photos of red objects in various light settings with K-1

Thank you...we are on the same page...
05-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #12
Pentaxian
Dr_who's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 686
QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
You're just trying to get someone to give you a 645z!

But I agree, people tend to think the camera is some sort of magical creature that will do all the work for them. It really is just a tool, but a slightly better tool than we have had affordable before...
Well I wouldn't say no to a 645Z...but I'll settle for someone giving me a Full Frame. To you know test to make sure it will let me take better pictures.
05-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #13
Senior Member
richmondthefish's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 217
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Hey, Happy K1 Owners,
Just curious to see your shot of the object described above - Dark red rose.

The one below was taken with K20D; no PP, just a little bit sharpness.

Can K1 do a better job with red?

Thank you!

Do you have a larger version?
05-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 397
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
Do you have a larger version?
Sorry...that is all I have..it was taken back in 2012...
05-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #15
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,515
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
You could give me a medium format camera and I might not be able to take a "better" picture. Camera is a tool, it's the one behind the camera who takes the photo
true but today's DSLRS can take photos you could only dream about in the film days. Re: high ISO

Randy
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, love, pentax k-1, post, roses, shot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Red Rose. Alex_Ros Post Your Photos! 2 09-03-2014 11:12 PM
Nature Red Rose with Dark Red Bud eaglem Post Your Photos! 5 06-09-2013 08:02 AM
Nature Dew encrusted Dark Red Rose eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 05-23-2013 01:50 AM
Macro Dark Rose AnnieBell Post Your Photos! 4 05-12-2012 12:18 PM
Nature Rose after dark yyyzzz Post Your Photos! 5 09-26-2010 02:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top