Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 05:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
In depth review - K1

Hello Pentax Forums ,
How long do we have to wait to read your in depth review of the Pentax K1? I've seen very promising articles from dpreview and I'm just curious to see your opinion.
Cheers,
Stefano

05-11-2016, 07:30 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This time, in depth review must be made at a bigger depth, because of the sensor size

So, have a little patience.
05-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

K-1 is the 1st choise on FF-market

Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

Reviews:

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/pentax-k-1-expert-review-28884

Pentax K-1 Review and Specs

Pentax K-1 Review | PhotographyBLOG

etc

recomended:
google/search: K-1 review
05-11-2016, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ESSERRE Quote
Hello Pentax Forums ,
How long do we have to wait to read your in depth review of the Pentax K1? I've seen very promising articles from dpreview and I'm just curious to see your opinion.
Cheers,
Stefano
Considering most west coast deliveries occurred around Monday, they've probably had the camera in their hands for 2 days.

For an in-depth review it may take 8-12 hours of photo time alone, to test various iterations. Add another 20 hours of post processing and 40 hours of writing, you are looking at least 2 weeks for a full time writer to put together a full review.

I would expect around the end of the month PF would have something.

05-11-2016, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ESSERRE Quote
How long do we have to wait to read your in depth review of the Pentax K1?

Hello, and welcome.

In the absence of an in-depth review, you may find many useful, informative and productive discussions within the subforums here, and numerous examples of real-world images. In addition, any problems or glitches uncovered by PF K-1 users are sure to be discussed in depth.

- Craig
05-11-2016, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

End of May. But like others said, the community discussions are already proving to be a tremendous resource!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-11-2016, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

After 11 years of holding our breath waiting for K-1, 20 more days for a very deep dive in this camera performances is nothing.
05-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Honestly most Pentaxians aren't really caring about or waiting on an in-depth review. K series DSLRs have set baseline feelings for them and they are not at all worried about whats in it that they will like or they won't like. The other part happens to be that this is a FF and it is a no brainer if it comes from Pentax.

05-11-2016, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Most of the early "in-depth" reviews of the K-1 seem cursory, "in-depth" has been pretty shallow; albeit the early reviews have been favorable so far. The ephotozine "First Full Review" was first but seemed more than half empty rather than full. While the reviews have been very favorable so far they have not been thorough, certainly not in depth. I am very much looking forward to the forum review to decide about buying the K-1. Since B&H is indicating a July ship date for new orders purchased now, the end of May is ample time.
05-11-2016, 09:54 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
After 11 years of holding our breath waiting for K-1, 20 more days for a very deep dive in this camera performances is nothing.
Haha, well said
05-12-2016, 12:25 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Honestly most Pentaxians aren't really caring about or waiting on an in-depth review. K series DSLRs have set baseline feelings for them and they are not at all worried about whats in it that they will like or they won't like. The other part happens to be that this is a FF and it is a no brainer if it comes from Pentax.
Well I do agree with you but still I'm eager to read the review
05-12-2016, 03:38 AM   #12

It'll hit just after the stock has dried up so they can end on a sour note