Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, I attemped to inject a little historical humor here. Since Pentax/Ricoh appear to no longer be doomed, it was Canon's and Nikon's turn.

05-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I'll inject a observation about the sour grapes comments by "David:" it is all to easy to criticize on the basis of what is NOT present than on what the camera IS and DOES. It's akin to commenting that a 70~200mm f2.8 that gives outstanding IQ at every aperture and focal length is disappointing, maybe worthless because it DOES NOT go as wide as 50mm nor as long as 500mm (as a Bigma can), and cannot do 1:1 macro (as several lenses in that FL range can). Negative criticism is right of there with falling off a chair as one of the easier challenges.
Yeah, he sounds like someone who purchased a 5DS a few days before the K-1 came out, and now his grapes have gone well beyond sour....
05-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
Did he not check the specs and notice the SD cards and video capabilities?
It's safe to assume he hasn't seen those 512GB SDXC memory cards available out there..

Last edited by K57XR; 05-12-2016 at 11:42 AM.
05-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as best reception goes I could not say for certain as there are WAY most forum members now then ever before. I remember before the K10 came out there was a "fever pitch" about articles on the outstanding high ISO etc. people were blown away by the ISO performance at 1600. The K1 is just another progression that will be bettered by the next new model that comes out

Randy

05-12-2016, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
Well, I attemped to inject a little historical humor here. Since Pentax/Ricoh appear to no longer be doomed, it was Canon's and Nikon's turn.
I thought that was pretty funny

It does seem Ricoh has come a long way in a short time to make up for the years that Pentax was left to languish. It's really oddly satisfying to see this underdog brand standing tall again. And to me they hit absolutely every high point that brought me to Pentax in the first place with the K10D: IQ, robust build and feel, and value for $.