Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 07:38 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is hard to say...but it was a lucky day my K5IIs fell off the shelf a month or so back, and was badly damaged....so I ordered a K1!

This is by far the best Pentax I have ever owned, every snap amazes me! I try to praise it often, but can't praise it enough. Just a fantastic camera....and as pointed out by Adam, not much different in price than I paid for my original K5. Unbelievable, get one and you will be a believer too!

Regards!

05-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #17

I wish everyone here was around to reassure my wife that we saved so much money by waiting to upgrade from the K20!
05-11-2016, 08:50 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
My K1 should be here today, and I am hoping that it's crop mode can best the IQ of my K5iis at 80iso.
The beautiful images that come from a K5iis, are best to come out of a Pentax dSLR outside of the 645.

***As I typed this...my K1 showed up from UPS...gotta run now!!!!!
All day of play...hardly got any work done.

What an unbelievable camera.
Actually having one in my hands today, and working through a ton of my lenses and such, and accessories...all I can say is the K1 is truly spectacular.
I am floored at how good it is. If you love your K5 or K3, you are going to love the K1.
Dunno how they pulled it off, but it appears the K1 got some of that pixie dust.
Unless something comes along to ruin the party, this is going to be the best tool I have ever used when it comes to photography.
Well done Pentax. Well done.
05-11-2016, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nikon and Canon are doomed I tell you, doomed...

05-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
I remember the K-5 being received warmly, but as is typical with forums like this, there were plenty of complaint threads. I just don't see them with the K-1
Apparently "David" is not fond of the K-1...
Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 19568 B&H Photo Video
05-12-2016, 12:07 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
That's hilarious! Did he not know the lens selection before purchase? Did he not check the specs and notice the SD cards and video capabilities? Did he really expect Pentax to beat canikon in AF?
05-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

It is k5 wearing k-1 clothes.
As k5 was the most capable APS/C when released..the k1 will be the most capable and affordable FF camera to ddate.

05-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #23
Pentaxian

The K-1 does look good, but as of yet only the most enthusiastic people have bought one, and maybe they aren’t the most critical users.
So far my only concern is about power consumption, half pressing the shutter button seems to take a lot of power. We will see how that turns out, hopefully it's not a problem.
05-12-2016, 01:11 AM   #24
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
The K-1 does look good, but as of yet only the most enthusiastic people have bought one, and maybe they aren’t the most critical users.
So far my only concern is about power consumption, half pressing the shutter button seems to take a lot of power. We will see how that turns out, hopefully it's not a problem.
Using the GPS for tracking when out shooting almost sucked the battery dry after 9 hours and 600 frames.
Without the GPS I find it to last just a little bit shorter than the K-3. I.e it is not the power hog I expected.
05-12-2016, 03:51 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
The K-1 is simply the best camera I have ever shot with in my life. The image quality far exceed the Sony A7Rii in my opinion.
Yup! Blows my A7r clean out the water. What a joy the K-1 is and . . . it'll only get better still with firmware updates. The handling is even better than the K-5. The overall experience is frankly beyond words. I'll suffice to say it's "perfect and perfectly natural".

I'm now free of ynoS!!!

To celebrate this I picked up a Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 yesterday and a Zeiss Planar 1.4/85 today . . . new ones, some of the last available I could find. Been a very expensive month.
05-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Not a verified buyer. i doubt if he purchased one but looked one over at the counter.
05-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, those are the cultural knowledge objections.
05-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
Nikon and Canon are doomed I tell you, doomed...
Pentax can't meet the order demands from existing Pentax users let alone ones from other brands. Who knows what will hit the market by the time they can. The followup to the 42mp Sony sensor will be out at some point and Nikon/Sony/Canon users might be looking elsewhere especially people with a great glass collection.
05-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I predict fist fights and hair pulling when K-1 actually appears on store shelves.
05-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Not a verified buyer. i doubt if he purchased one but looked one over at the counter.
I'll inject a observation about the sour grapes comments by "David:" it is all to easy to criticize on the basis of what is NOT present than on what the camera IS and DOES. It's akin to commenting that a 70~200mm f2.8 that gives outstanding IQ at every aperture and focal length is disappointing, maybe worthless because it DOES NOT go as wide as 50mm nor as long as 500mm (as a Bigma can), and cannot do 1:1 macro (as several lenses in that FL range can). Negative criticism is right up there with falling off a chair as one of the easier challenges.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 05-12-2016 at 10:04 AM.