Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

K-1 GPS & Wi-Fi

I have used Pentax Cameras since 1955. I have just received the new Pentax K-1. So far so good. EXCEPT I am not smart enough to be able to place the captured GPS Coordinates on Google Earth or any other Map Program I tried placing the SD card in my PC. But so far I have not been successful. Also I would like to send my pictures wirelessly to my iPad and my Lap Top PC. I would like to take the K-1 on a Cruise in Norway the end of this month. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Richard Cross

05-12-2016, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rcross Quote
I have used Pentax Cameras since 1955. I have just received the new Pentax K-1. So far so good. EXCEPT I am not smart enough to be able to place the captured GPS Coordinates on Google Earth or any other Map Program I tried placing the SD card in my PC. But so far I have not been successful. Also I would like to send my pictures wirelessly to my iPad and my Lap Top PC. I would like to take the K-1 on a Cruise in Norway the end of this month. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Richard Cross
When the GPS is on, the coordinates are saved in every file you take, so it would be up to google earth to position them correctly. But to verify that it's working, press info in playback mode, select the detailed information pane, and look for GPS coordinates. If they're there, then you're all set!

Here's our guide to using the Wi-Fi functionality:
Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Generally-speaking it's not a replacement for a USB cord or card reader, but it's nice if you want to transfer a few files while on the go.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: