Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by topace Quote
But if you have to explain a joke, it isn't funny. And I'm not alone in not getting it.

The only people who will get the joke are the people that the joke isn't aimed at. Plenty of people got the joke.

05-18-2016, 04:50 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In hindsight, I think this thread should have started with a disclaimer: Warning - this thread contains a disclaimer that some Pentaxians may find offensive. If you think you may find this disclaimer offensive and react poorly, please move on to another thread. ;-)
05-19-2016, 03:06 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
The only people who will get the joke are the people that the joke isn't aimed at.
A lot of ad hominem in this thread. Whatever. I didn't take offense at the warning. I merely found it to clash with my experience.

QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
Plenty of people got the joke.
Hey, good for them.
05-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #49

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Balticbelle Quote
Ladies and gentlemen.
It is my opinion that a lot of people would rather go with the flow. That is not always the way we, who use Pentax gear, think and act. We like the cameras and lenses Pentax makes. We do not have to march by some other drummer's beat. The perception of which brand excels depends on the whole package. Not just few popular strengths that others might take as a reason to belittle other brands. I think that, although the writers of the review that this thread refers to do no enjoy some of our opinions, it is healthy for them to respond to a little pressure. Their tongue and cheek humor just indicates that they will evaluate what they say more carefully.
Regards,
Balticbelle

Well said.

05-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #50
Site Supporter

Very funny way for them to start a review. They always seem unbiased and fair to Pentax to me.
05-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Are Pentaxians the rudest people on the planet that they need this warning?

It comes with the review from the camera store....

https://youtu.be/87yGmD71nyA
The Camera Store was trying too hard to be funny. They've always given Pentax fair-minded reviews

Compared to the "Sharks", Nikon fanboys, circling on the DP Review site, Pentaxians are basically a great lot. Most are eager to bestow their knowledge of photography and the use of the Pentax lineup. Ask a simple question or make an innocent statement in the Review, you get met with sarcasm and contempt.
Glad to be a Pentax forum member and look forward to the resurgence of the Pentax name, where it belongs.
05-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #52
Site Supporter

I thought it was a fair review and I too look forward to a Pentax resurgence. I know I have been a loyal Pentaxian for more that 30 years and happy to see what Ricoh is doing ....
06-29-2016, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Still watching it, but I recognice the tone in some comments, so they are real Pentax idiots that also are on this forum spreading the word of how great Pentax is.

One thing is sure, this does not make being part of the Pentax community a Joy, so best to stay out if you can.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-29-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Removed masked vulgarity
06-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #54

Any group — and that includes Pentax users — has its ignorant or aggressive or plain stupid members. To say that is special for Pentax users is wilfully provocative.

As for Tony Northup: he is right to have made the video ‘Attack Of The Pentatians’ because his job is to get youtube views, that is his work, and this will get views because people love drama.

Edit: personally I enjoy being part of the ‘Pentax community’, most of the dedicated Pentax forums have been very friendly in my experience.

Last edited by joostdh; 06-29-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: I’d like to add...
06-29-2016, 08:52 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Yeah we're a quaint bunch and we can't stand lazy drivel about our camera's (I didn't watch the video's because i knew what to expect from Tony and decided it wasn't worth it).
06-29-2016, 09:28 AM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Still watching it, but I recognice the tone in some comments, so they are real Pentax idiots that also are on this forum spreading the word of how great Pentax is.

https://youtu.be/K_guaalcqTw

One thing is sure, this does not make being part of the Pentax community a Joy, so best to stay out if you can.

Few lens options for the K-1?

Apparently this guy hasn't seen this thread:

A Thread Showcasing The Many And Varied Lens Options For The New Pentax K-1
06-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #57
Pentaxian

No HR person in the world would let someone pass even for lowly jobs, whose only defensive reaction to valid criticism to his own ugly underperformance is to try to make fun of the people pointing out the issues - like a spoiled brat found with the fingers in the honey jar and trying to point his finger at someone else, instead of accepting the task to improve.

And let's not forget: "them" is actually his customers, as he is paid by clicks. It's like a "pro" photographer whose customers tell him that half of the images are poor quality and he reacts by yelling at them them publicly that they just are too stupid to understand his wonderful artistry.

*Facepalm*