Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2016, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

Not sure I'd get too worried about having to fine tune focus as long as it's within the limits of the camera. I'll be testing my lenses with the K-1 this weekend, but with the K-3 I had to adjust most. The camera tolerances and the lens tolerances will often work to make fine tuning necessary. The camera could be perfect and you still might be slightly off due to lens tolerances.

05-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jrpower10 Quote
Not sure I'd get too worried about having to fine tune focus as long as it's within the limits of the camera. I'll be testing my lenses with the K-1 this weekend, but with the K-3 I had to adjust most. The camera tolerances and the lens tolerances will often work to make fine tuning necessary. The camera could be perfect and you still might be slightly off due to lens tolerances.
Exactly! At least it's quick and easy to make the adjustment in camera.
05-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Send it to Ricoh to get it fixed or return the camera. None of my lenses have needed AF adjustment.
Really?
I'll just pretend you are joking and move along.
05-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by candgpics Quote
Before the K3 almost none of my lenses needed AF adjustment or the needed adjustment was so slight I never really noticed. With the K3 that went out the door. Most of my lenses need some adjustment.
AF fine tuning seems to be more camera specific rather than model specific. For example on my k-5 most of my lenses were fine but a few required noticeable correction, on the K-5IIs almost all lenses required a correction, on the K-3II no lenses required any adjustment. On the K-1 all of the lenses with motors were fine, no adjustment needed but the screwdrive lenses all require some adjustment. Anyway, I am trying to say this is not a K-1 issue, as you might get 5 different K-1s and all would show different results on the same lenses.