Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 106
shutter delay using wifi?

so over the weekend, my friend with his sony a7rII was oogling over my k1, while i was drooling over his camera.
we were putting it thorough its paces and one thing i found lacking in the wifi department was that, unlike his wifi app, the k1 doesn't allow you to release the shutter if you have your camera set for 2 second delay or any delay for that matter.

no deal breaker, but any one know how to unlock that feature, if at all possible?i thought, on his, it was a cool feature as it allowed for a potential of a massive group shot that you are a part of, it'll give you enough time to hide the phone; or use it for other more creative ways.

05-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,959
QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
no deal breaker, but any one know how to unlock that feature, if at all possible?i thought, on his, it was a cool feature as it allowed for a potential of a massive group shot that you are a part of, it'll give you enough time to hide the phone; or use it for other more creative ways.
The only way is with Image Transmitter 2 or the Lightroom tethering plugin. There's currently no way to use anything other than single shot using the wi-fi app.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-24-2016, 03:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,884
What a weird restriction. Why Pentax, why?

Are they saying that the mirror action is so smooth that mirror up is not needed anymore?

Has anyone tested a macro shoot from a tripod and compared the results between a normal exposure and one using 2sec delay (or mirror up)?
With my K-5 there is a definite improvement in sharpness using mirror up, and I guess the same is true with the K-1, but who knows?
05-24-2016, 04:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,287
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
What a weird restriction. Why Pentax, why?

Are they saying that the mirror action is so smooth that mirror up is not needed anymore?

Has anyone tested a macro shoot from a tripod and compared the results between a normal exposure and one using 2sec delay (or mirror up)?
With my K-5 there is a definite improvement in sharpness using mirror up, and I guess the same is true with the K-1, but who knows?
I believe that when using the app the mirror is up as it is when shooting in live view. But I too would like to be able to use self timer so that the phone can be put away.

05-24-2016, 05:35 AM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio (formerly SF Bay Area)
Posts: 1,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I believe that when using the app the mirror is up as it is when shooting in live view. But I too would like to be able to use self timer so that the phone can be put away.
That's a weird and annoying omission. For my K-3 II I wrote a little javascript bookmarklet timer that works with the FluCard so I can hit the button and slip the phone into my pocket before the shutter trips, and it's handy. But with an app (rather than a browser) I don't think that's possible anymore.
05-24-2016, 06:07 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,884
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I believe that when using the app the mirror is up as it is when shooting in live view.
Yes, right. I was thinking to fast or too little. It’s a kind of live view. No mirror shock, but perhaps some vibration from the double action of the shutter.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, delay, dslr, feature, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, pentax k-1, shutter, shutter delay, wifi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FluCard O-FC1 and shutter release delay SOldBear Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 14 08-23-2015 07:28 PM
delay shutter release options for 67 and 645 LFLee Pentax Medium Format 4 01-23-2015 12:40 AM
Weird shutter button delay psamoluk Pentax K-3 19 12-15-2014 08:51 AM
Inconsistent "3 second delay" when using remote control shutter trigger seventysixersfan Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 05-01-2014 08:16 AM
Shutter delay okotokspaul Pentax Film SLR Discussion 3 02-10-2013 06:23 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top