Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tasmania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 72
Samyang 14 2.8 and K1

Quick question - I bought the Samyang 14mm 2.8 to go with the K1. When you switch on the camera and get the prompt to input the focal length, is it normal that I cant select 14mm? I cant input specific focal lengths (ie 14mm), only chose from a drop down list which goes from 12mm to 15mm. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

05-31-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Arjay Bee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bamaga, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,196
Same for all Pentax cameras: go to the next widest FL. In such a wide lens not going to be needed much anyway.
05-31-2016, 12:31 AM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,015
QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote
I cant input specific focal lengths (ie 14mm), only chose from a drop down list which goes from 12mm to 15mm.
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Same for all Pentax cameras: go to the next widest FL. In such a wide lens not going to be needed much anyway.
As Arjay said, go with the next widest. I use a 25mm and enter it as 24mm, the 21mm is entered as 20mm.

Tas
05-31-2016, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,032
I also miss some choices in between. This is a problem that could and should be fixed in a firmware update. I specifically miss 420 mm (300*1,4). I also have a Samyang 8mm so rolling between 8 and 400 is a little annoying. I hope they change this part of the menu so I can make a custom list of specific focal lengths to choose between, in stead of rolling past a long list of choices that is irrelevant to me.

05-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
TomTom's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 526
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I also miss some choices in between. This is a problem that could and should be fixed in a firmware update. I specifically miss 420 mm (300*1,4). I also have a Samyang 8mm so rolling between 8 and 400 is a little annoying. I hope they change this part of the menu so I can make a custom list of specific focal lengths to choose between, in stead of rolling past a long list of choices that is irrelevant to me.
I like that idea. There could be custom settings for 20 lenses (like the custom focus adjustments settings).
05-31-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tasmania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 72
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Had a short go from home at the night sky last night with the Samyang. Am heading up to Cradle Mt next week so will give it a proper run up there!
06-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #7
Forum Member
SMcGuire45's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nevada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 59
QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote
Thanks everyone. Had a short go from home at the night sky last night with the Samyang. Am heading up to Cradle Mt next week so will give it a proper run up there!
Cool, looking forward to seeing your results as I'm looking at the Samyang as well.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, cant, dslr, full frame, full-frame, input, k-1, k1, pentax k-1, samyang
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1, K-mount and Samyang autofocus lenses TheGamer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 05-14-2016 03:21 AM
Pentax K3 and Samyang 14 mm FunnyUncle Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 11 03-12-2015 01:15 AM
Samyang 14 mm F2.8 mount type and adapter annajonna Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 08-09-2013 08:13 AM
Bower (Samyang) 14/2.8 at B&H for $299 until 12/5 + FS(USA) Docrwm Pentax Price Watch 2 11-29-2012 12:34 PM
Somewhat dissapointed with my new Samyang 14 mm F 2.8 IF ED UMC Matchete Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 40 06-18-2012 11:37 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top