Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-31-2016, 07:59 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Believe it or not, I am trying to be helpful.
Sorry you don't appreciate that.
I find that downloading the user manual in PDF form, and then searching, can be quicker and more thorough when looking for something unfamiliar.

05-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If you need full-time manual aperture, the lens mounted needs to support that feature. Does your Nikon do it differently?
I ruminated a bit on this and think that it would be nice if @Nass or one of the other Pentax macro mavens were to drop in to this thread.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-31-2016 at 08:08 PM.
05-31-2016, 08:33 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I ruminated a bit on this and think that it would be nice if @Nass or one of the other Pentax macro mavens were to drop in to this thread.

Steve
If he's doing a macro stack I don't know why he even needs a live-view exposure-preview. Line up DOF for shot 1 with DOF lever, set ISO to 100 (or whatever), then press the green button for a baseline exposure. Take a shot then adjust the shutter speed to taste if it's over/underexposed. Then for the next shots he'll need to hold the DOF lever while he focuses to line up the in-focus area of the last shot with the next.

I understand his frustration though, his Nikon did it but this camera can't - at least with a manual-aperture lens.
05-31-2016, 08:38 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MichaelErlewine Quote
Is there any way to have LiveView look at am image and if you want to change the shutter, as you do, it will increase or decrease the light on the subject in LiveView?
If you put it in M mode, Michael, the LiveView now continuously shows you the light level of your shot.

You seem to be the Michael Erlewine who founded Allmusicguide.com - I even bought the book back in the day!

Welcome.

05-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
If you put it in M mode, Michael, the LiveView now continuously shows you the light level of your shot.

You seem to be the Michael Erlewine who founded Allmusicguide.com - I even bought the book back in the day!

Welcome.
Sorry, it does not do this with M, K, or M42 lenses. The lens must have an auto-aperture setting for this feature to function properly.
05-31-2016, 08:46 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Mock Quote
Sorry, it does not do this with M, K, or M42 lenses.
The OP is shooting K-mount Voigtlander, all of which were made in KA mount and all of which meter wide open on the K-1.

Edit:...at least, I assume it is K-mount, based on his frustration. The original SL series was made in M42 as well.

Steve
05-31-2016, 08:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The OP is shooting K-mount Voigtlander, all of which were made in KA mount and all of which meter wide open on the K-1.

Edit:...at least, I assume it is K-mount, based on his frustration. The original SL series was made in M42 as well.

Steve
Yeah, he needs to come back and tell us more about his lens. It's also possible it is a K-A Voigtlander, but with manual extension tubes or something else in the way if we assume the stacking is for macro.

Last edited by Mock; 05-31-2016 at 09:00 PM.
05-31-2016, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mock Quote
It's also possible it is a K-A Voigtlander, but with manual extension tubes or something else in the way if we assume the stacking is for macro.
If the OP is extra-special-lucky, he has the legendary Macro APO-Lanthar 125/2.5

Steve