Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Anyhow, they are shooting a waterfall with leafs around. Everything moves.
So if MC works as it should the result will be the first frame untouched and the benefit of PS removed.

Next they might try sharpness by shooting a flock of birds handheld using 30 seconds shutter speed.
Shocking result: “Pentax fails, pictures blurry.”.

06-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't go over there very often, but I have the impression Barney Britton is a pretty straight shooter. I'm fairly astonished, though, that a purportedly competent review site ..."
I imagine it could take them a while to figure out DCU; I took a couple sessions to discover the file browser. Even though they could have pretty quickly updated the results, I think it is better they removed the article. There is no reason to have some of the original text update or no.

I noticed a few people using 'waterfail' in posts and figured they were making a comment about the article itself. I had falled to notice the word 'fail' was in the title of the article. There were some mistakes made but I am not sure why they went with that title. I didn't noticed who wrote the article but I feel a bit sorry for him.
06-02-2016, 04:19 AM   #33

Edgar_in_indy won with his comment @DPR.
Swirling water instead of waterfall
06-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
They've updated it, and while not exactly super enthusiastic it is not a fail anymore: Pentax K1 Pixel Shift Resolution: Updated Field Test: Digital Photography Review

06-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They've updated it, and while not exactly super enthusiastic it is not a fail anymore: Pentax K1 Pixel Shift Resolution: Updated Field Test: Digital Photography Review
good to see that!