Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2016, 01:05 AM   #1
Forum Member

Unintentional factoryreset when changing battery.

Yesterday I took out the battery without switching off power. I forgot, and I noticed the display went black. When I put in another battery the camera had lost all the changes I had done in the settings. The first thing I saw was default color in the the display. I had not saved any usersettings. Camera in Av only, so far.

Then I made some changes in settings and took out battery and put it in again (power on), just to see. Now nothing happened.

When you open the little "door" to the memorycards the camera seems to shut off some functions. That is not the case when the batterydoor is opened.
I wont do it again.

Any thoughts about this? Anyone else had experience of unintentional factoryreset?

Last edited by mrmentera; 06-02-2016 at 08:21 AM.
06-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Now I put all my changes in setting back, and also saved them in "USER1". I hope the saved usersettings are more resistent to be wiped out.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, changes, display, dslr, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, pentax k-1, settings